Wii Fit

babymomma

Thank you so much fergusonvt!! That was an excellent discription of what the balance board is for. Guess I won't need it right now. Keeping in mind I am 60 Lbs over-weight and a 55 year old couch potato who is just starting out, think the zumba is too much to start with? What would you recommend? Anyone else have a suggestion? My daughter is bring me the console today so I will read up on how it works then purchase something. Thank you all so much for the help!:)

No I think you would have fun with the Zumba. There are beginner, intermediate and advanced routines from 20 to 45 minutes. And the just dance disks are lots of fun. I don't pay attention to much to whether my moves mirror the dancers. I just the "Just sweat" mode and just keep moving for 45 minutes.

Hey Kathy, I decided to go with the Wii Fit Plus. I love it! You don' t even realize your actually sweating and burning calories with these games. I hope to get the Zumba also. I have also joined another thread where we will weigh in tomorrow so I will see haw the week was. :D Cindy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

How's everybody doing? Getting back into a routine on the Wii?

I'm still taking it easy until my doctor says I can do more but am signing up for the Wii bowling league again this season. That's not strenuous & more for fun!

Hope you're having fun/exercising with your Wii.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi everyone! Glad to see a little activity here! As you probably saw on my previous posts I just started the Wii. I could not make up my mind what to do with it. I ended up with Wii Fit. Love it! So much fun! I have not tried sports yet but I will. What is a Wii bowling team all about? :confused: Cindy

Hi all!

Cindy ~ glad you're enjoying your Wii Fit.:D I'm doing mostly balance games on mine plus the step one until I get my doctors okay. I'm really terrible at hula hoop altho' I was really good at it when I was young.;)

Community Care here has Wii bowling leagues to help seniors exercise & meet people. We just Wii bowl, 2 teams play at a time & have had tournaments at the end with trophies. Sometimes ships also have Wii sports on the program.

BTW the power went out here a few times the other day due to wind so today when I turned on the Wii nothing happened. Pulling the plug for a couple of minutes fixed it up in case that ever happens to you.

Wii on!

Lol Jo! I am no good at the hula hoop either! I have been doing the beginner step, obstacle course and island bike ride. I am not coordinated at all! That is an excellent idea for a Wii bowling league. I saw some patters for my upcoming cruise and it does have Wii in the afternoon. I may try it after I have my afternoon pizza! :D

Hi all!

mamaboss ~ glad you're having fun on the Wii.:D I was so bad on lots of the games but they're still fun. That darn ski jump thing was really hard for me.

I didn't do anything that needed the nunchuk for ages but it was so easy you just attach it.

Have a nice weekend.

• 2 months later...

Good morning fellow Wiiers.

We are still doing lots of Wii on Sundays but now that the weather is getting nice we'll probably slack off for the next couple months.

Since the countdown to my cruise will soon be under 200 days I need to start getting serious about getting in shape.

Hi all!

checkard ~ nice to see you back here, it's been very quiet! Did the campground owners decide to buy the Wii?

I haven't been Wiing lately as I just got back from a Carnival Dream cruise last Sat. & before that I was recovering from my gall bladder surgery & taking it easy on my knee replacement. Good excuses eh?;)

Two weeks from tomorrow I'll be sailing away on the new Breakaway's inaugural cruise to Bermuda which I'm really looking forward to.:D

Take care!

You're just a cruisin' maven Jo!

I need to get back to my Wii. I was just getting started in February then I broke my foot in March. I finally have the cast off but the foot is still quite swollen. Hope to get back to it before my cruise it August.

• 2 weeks later...

Jo, haven't seen a Wii show up at the campground so I guess they didn't like my suggestion. Oh well, we get plenty of exercise chasing the grandkids up and down the hill. People ask why we don't get a golf cart to go back and forth from the playground to our camper or to the store or the pond - our response is that all the walking is good for us. We see young folks who have to take their golf carts to visit folks 2 or 3 campers down from them. We don't want to get into that habit.

Did the hula hoop last week on the Wii. I used to be good at it and was able to catch the hoops every time. Now I just get bonked on the head with the hoops. Since all the snow has melted I have to get my "skiiing fix" from the Wii so I'll continue to do that over the summer months.

Anyone get the new Wii system? Just wondering what it has different from the previous one.

Wii On!!!!

Hi all!

Sue ~ I wish I was a cruisin' maven!;) Hope your foot is getting back to normal. Just 2 more sleeps 'til we're headed to the Big Apple then the Breakaway cruise. One of those sleeps won't be very long as I have to get up at 5 to catch the 7 o'clock bus to the airport.:( I don't usually get up until 8!

checkard ~ I didn't know there was a new Wii. I'm liking the fact I have one at all as we can get Netflix over it.

I know some people hardly walk anywhere.

DH always parks so close to places where I park farther away so I get some exercise. He does walk 45 mins a day tho' which I don't.

Wii on!

• 3 months later...

Hi all!

It's been a long time since we posted here!:eek:

I had a great time on the Breakaway & look forward to my next cruises.

Anybody Wiiing again now that September's here? I'm just doing about 20 minutes worth a day but still enjoy it. I finally remembered how to jump over the benches on the skateboarding game.:o

Soon it'll be time for the Wii bowling league in Town to start up.

What's new with you all?

Hello Jo! Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Sad to say I have been concentrating on walking and have not used my Wi in a long time. I am going to start up again though. I just retired the end of June so have no excuses anymore for not walking, Wi and watching what I eat. Just stared the 5:2 way of eating a few weeks ago. So far I really like it. Next cruise is under 200 days now so really getting excited to board the new Royal Princess. :D Cindy

Hi all!

Cindy ~ nice to see you back here! Congratulations on your retirement!:D

I gained 15 lbs after I retired so good that you're getting a handle on it before that happens to you. I'll have to look up 5:2 as I've never heard of it. I've been counting calories on My Fitness Pal my usual means of trying to lose weight.

A couple I cruised with are on the Royal TA & another one on my next cruise are doing the Royal the week after our Carnival one so sounds like a popular ship.

Wii on or get started again!;)

Hi Fellow Wii folks,

Did a little Wii over the summer but mostly we were catching up on projects around the house. Got lots of exercise rebuilding a pool deck (stretching, bending, weight training from carrying around lots of boards), lots of stooping and squats while painting the other two decks on our house and now we are painting the house itself so I'm up and down a ladder, more stretching and stooping and plenty of arm exercise while using the roller or brush.

And lots of swimming and chasing grandkids.

Have a cruise coming up in a few months and I was hoping to have lost a bit of weight before we sail but I'm only maintaining my weight and not losing any.

Hi all!

checkard ~ well that's good exercise without even having to think about it. Great to maintain your weight!

I see you're going on Grandeur again & have been on it many times.

Did you see Radio's live post about his cruise to Bermuda on it last week?

Lots of pictures of the new improved ship.

I'm afraid to Wii today as I ate too much on the weekend!;)

Jo - I was following Radio's posts. I met him on one of our Grandeur cruises, really nice guy.

We love Grandeur and going out of Baltimore. Great crew and we don't need all the bells and whistles of the larger ships.

I keep finding good recipes on Facebook and try a lot of them. Some of them are not so healthy either. But I try to eat those in moderation.