what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

We were on the NCL Dawn this past June when we stopped at their private Isalnd. They have a big lunch buffet, and I just had picked up some lunch and found a table where some of my friends were sitting. One of my friends just had ankle surgery, so he wasnt that mobile. His wife went to get him some lunch and when she came out of the pavilion we watched her get dive bombed by seagulls. One went right in front of her face and picked a hot dog right off the bun, never touched anything else on the plate. As we watched the gull fly off with a whole hot dog in its mouth we started cracking up. it was hilarious. we proceded to watch the gulls get free meals for the next hour. We laughed so hard it hurt. Very entertaining!!!

• 2 weeks later...

we were on a regal cruise in the late 90's and my Mom liked to get dressed alone for dinner. so me and my grandma left the room only to come back about 45min later (to get a jacket) to find her stuck in the bathroom!! she said the door locked behind her and mind you this bathroom was as small as a closet !!!

we were on a regal cruise in the late 90's and my Mom liked to get dressed alone for dinner. so me and my grandma left the room only to come back about 45min later (to get a jacket) to find her stuck in the bathroom!! she said the door locked behind her and mind you this bathroom was as small as a closet !!!

This might be hard to explain, but I'll try! Last year, I met a group of teenagers my age, so we all hung out quite a bit. We were night owls (which is when the drunken fun begins for those of age!) and we soon found the perfect place to sit for our evening entertainment. Right outside of the disco, there is a lounge. We would perch there, facing the revolving doors. If you can imagine a revolving door, there is a small opening where you get in and out. Starting about 2 am, people that try to leave the disco have a tendency of having a slower reaction time. This means that as they try to step out of the revolving doors, they usually bounce off the wall (see the dark wood area in the picture), then the doors catch up and they get stuck between the door and the wall! Happened many times throughout the nights we hung out there! I'm looking forward to this entertainment on my next cruise (2 days :-D)

274-7415_IMG_400.jpg

Allie

1/03/06- Carnival Spirit

12/04- Carnival Legend

12/03- Carnival Pride

event.png

I can't remember if it was RCL or Carnival, but the CD was performing the MC's job for one of those newly wed games. You know the game, one couple that were actual newly weds, another couple that had been married for a few months or years and yet another couple that had been married for 60 plus years. The CD was asking all of the usual questions and getting some pretty funny and strange responses. About 2/3rds of the way through the game, the CD asked "When and Where is the strangest place you had sex?" Well.....when he asked the wife that was in her 90s, she responded in a very timid voice:

"Last night on the Lido Deck"

When the husbands were returned to the stage and asked the same question, the husband in his 90s reluctantly gave the same answer as his wife. Needles to say, for the rest of that cruise, when anyone saw the elderly couple in public, everyone smiled. Not the wildest or strangest thing, but it was very funny and unexpected. I can only say, Good for them, they looked like a very happy married couple!

• 2 weeks later...

The funniest thing I ever witnessed was an older, kindly-looking gentleman who was a plein-air painter (fancy word for "paints outdoors"). He was painting on the sunning area all the way forward, on a blustery day. Everyone was joking about him because he was on his little stool and holding on for dear life, but still painting like mad, and everyone wondered why in the world he didn't move midship and to a less windy spot, or indoors. Every once in a while he had to chase a pot of paint that had fallen off, or something, and twice he almost fell off his stool.

Eventually our curiosity and admiration got to be too much, and about 8 of us braved the weather and crept up behind him to see exactly what he was painting. We were expecting some fabulous nautical landscape, sailboats, fish, something along those lines...but when we came up behind him and saw the canvas at last there was just shocked silence :eek: - let's just say the painting was extremely, extremely x-rated. And that's an understatement.

No wonder he was so far away from everyone! So we stumbled off, speechless and as bright red as he was, and when we got out of earshot we literally laughed for hours. For the rest of the cruise that poor guy would blush and dart around corners or behind doors anytime he saw us. And for the rest of the 11 days we never saw him painting again.

OH, I have another funny tidbit. We were dining at a table next to a very sweet but extremely elderly couple who were both hard of hearing. It was formal night, and as dinner went on the batteries in their hearing aids seemed to be dying quickly. We already knew the routine since this happened every night. By the time we began to order dessert, they were just all out shouting at each other in order to be heard. I will never forget this tidbit of conversation which occured as I plunged my spoon into my chocolate mousse: "LYDIA TOLD HER NOT TO GET HER GROIN WAXED, IT'S TOO DANGEROUS BUT SHE DIDN'T LISTEN AND WAS ITCHING HORRIBLY FOR THREE WEEKS AFTERWARD.":eek:

I almost choked, and the waiters and other passengers nearby were falling over each other laughing.

OH, I have another funny tidbit. We were dining at a table next to a very sweet but extremely elderly couple who were both hard of hearing. It was formal night, and as dinner went on the batteries in their hearing aids seemed to be dying quickly. We already knew the routine since this happened every night. By the time we began to order dessert, they were just all out shouting at each other in order to be heard. I will never forget this tidbit of conversation which occured as I plunged my spoon into my chocolate mousse: "LYDIA TOLD HER NOT TO GET HER GROIN WAXED, IT'S TOO DANGEROUS BUT SHE DIDN'T LISTEN AND WAS ITCHING HORRIBLY FOR THREE WEEKS AFTERWARD.":eek:

I almost choked, and the waiters and other passengers nearby were falling over each other laughing.

THAT was priceless!

That is really funny!!

I agree it was hilarious but please do not post just to say how funny it was. You might not realize it but many of us are subscribed to this thread. That means we get an e-mail every time someone posts to it. And we don't get anymore e-mail notifications until we go to the thread.

This means when two people respond by just putting "that is really funny" all those of us who are subscribing to e-mail alerts must visit the thread again or we don't get any more notifications.

So please, stop making comments unless you have a great story to add.

I agree it was hilarious but please do not post just to say how funny it was. You might not realize it but many of us are subscribed to this thread. That means we get an e-mail every time someone posts to it. And we don't get anymore e-mail notifications until we go to the thread.

This means when two people respond by just putting "that is really funny" all those of us who are subscribing to e-mail alerts must visit the thread again or we don't get any more notifications.

DrKoob- I feel sorry for you that this is such a hassle for you, but I too am subscribed and I know exactly how it works. It doesn't bother me one bit. Sometimes people who post a "bit" like this one appreciate knowing that other people appreciated the hilarity of the situation. If it's so much work for you, maybe it's best if you only subscribe to the threads that are of the utmost importance to you. I'm not sorry and I will continue to post small phrases to let others know I appreciate their input or help or (in this case) funnies.

Good luck to you in your quest.

Ok to continue with the subject let me tell you that on my first cruise (honeymoon), the first night, at dinner, I ordered a bottle of sparkling wine (ASTI SPUMANTI) at $20, but nobody in our table noticed when I ordered this bottle. Ok, as my wife and I dont drink too much we usually got I glass of this wine every night, so the maitre never left the opened bottle on the table; so my tablemates started to tell me that I was a rich man by ordering "champagne" every night! and suddenly a lot of people was calling me "rich man"!!! even people from other tables around! maybe they got surprised because I married at 27 but actually I seemed to be like 18!!! anyway was funny.

Now that's funny

Well I just read all 245 posts. Extremely Funny.

In our house we have a saying, twap or a cuff. Twap is a slap on the front of the head with the back of a hand. Cuff is the back of the head with the palm. We were on our first cruise and my wife was sittng beside a 17 yr. old. She was a little brat the whole time. Example after being presented with the menu she asks for chicken fingers. Forget what she did but my wife asked if she wanted a twap or a cuff. What do you mean she said. Well just pick one. Kid opted for twap so my wife gave her a twap. She was apaulled(spelling) and looked at her mother for support and give my wife sh%t. Mother just laughed and seemed a bit relieved that someone put her in her place. Now don't flame me for this hitting thing, they're light taps and don't hurt.

DH reminded me of this the other day and I thought I'd share it.

We were on the Fantasy in '98 at the late comedy show, adult only. Toward what became the end of his show he was polling audience members about what they or their partners called a certain peice of anatomy. Ex. moisture seeking missle, Dick Little...guy's real name was Richard Little, The General, and so on. He gets to this lovely Indian (I think, don't flame me) lady, dressed to the nines in a beautiful sari, and her answer was, and I quote " I don't call it, it just comes", everyone there burst out laughing, and the comedian, once he stopped laughing decided to end it on that note. Like he said, he couldn't top that. His show that night ran less than 30 minutes.

Maybe you had to be there, but it still makes us laugh.:)

I was on the Legend in 2003, heard the same bit at the late comedy show, must be part of the act.

I have absolutely enjoyed reading ALL of these messages - thank you everyone for sharing!

I still remember an incident on my first cruise. I was travelling with a group of about 15 people, some of whom I knew better than others. Anyway, we would often get together for happy hour cocktails prior to dinner and this one woman arrived with her hair looking quite wind-swept and unkempt. Everyone listened attentively as she explained what a terrific day she had enjoyed, including getting her hair 'done' for tonight's formal dinner. My travelling companion commented to me, as we made our way together to dinner later that evening, "Yes, she looked lovely tonight - dress by Chanel, hair by Roto-Rooter!" MEOW!! ;) Could have been the wine talking....???

{Submitted with apologies to hairdressers out there! No offence intended!}