? ? ? re. time frame for shore excursions

WouldBeCruiser

Hi everyone, please be patient with my questions as I am going on my first cruise in six weeks.

I have booked some shore excursions but am curious as to how these work.

For example - if I am booked through HAL to go on a Whale Watching Tour from 6:15 until 9:15 pm - does this mean that someone will pick us up at the ship, and return us to the ship when the tour is done?

My reason for asking is that I am interested in two tours, one finishes just one hour before the next one goes out. Is that going to work out OK ?

Are the times for the shore excursions pretty accurate or am I likely to miss my second tour ?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Welcme to cruise critic. When you get on the ship, they will tell you when an where to meet for each shore excursion. Assuming you are in a port where the ship docks, most tours meet in one ofthe large public rooms. When they are ready to start, they ask everyone on the tour to follow someone frm the tour office. This person will get you off the ship and to the begining of the tour (usually a bus).

Hi everyone, please be patient with my questions as I am going on my first cruise in six weeks.

I have booked some shore excursions but am curious as to how these work.

For example - if I am booked through HAL to go on a Whale Watching Tour from 6:15 until 9:15 pm - does this mean that someone will pick us up at the ship, and return us to the ship when the tour is done?

My reason for asking is that I am interested in two tours, one finishes just one hour before the next one goes out. Is that going to work out OK ?

Are the times for the shore excursions pretty accurate or am I likely to miss my second tour ?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

If you've booked through the cruise line, they'll pick you up from the ship and return you to the ship..

but I think only a one hour "window" between tours is pretty tight, especially the whale watching one, which might be delayed, depending on the seas - -rough, smooth, whatever, and weather.

What is the other tour you're interested in -- when does it start/finish, and how does it connect to the whale watching one? If it is primarily a land-based, it'll be pretty much on time.

If you've booked through the cruise line, they'll pick you up from the ship and return you to the ship..

but I think only a one hour "window" between tours is pretty tight, especially the whale watching one, which might be delayed, depending on the seas - -rough, smooth, whatever, and weather.

What is the other tour you're interested in -- when does it start/finish, and how does it connect to the whale watching one? If it is primarily a land-based, it'll be pretty much on time.

Our first tour is a glacier floatplane flight. It is scheduled to finish at 5pm. so I assume that means we will be back at the ship by 5.

The Whale Watching Tour states that it departs at 6:15pm.

Actually, I guess that's 1 hour and 15 minutes. Hopefully it will be enough time.

As long as you're booking through the ship, you will have no "time" worries. They will tell you where to meet (on the ship) and return you back to the ship when you're done. It's absolutely the easiest way to do excursions, especially those that are far away or last a long time. When you book through the ship, they will NOT leave you behind! If there SHOULD be some extenuating circumstance that makes you miss the ship, the cruiseline will get you to the ship somehow. It's THEIR responsibility.

Archived