MUTS on Island

sloney

Shall I assume from your answer that you don't care for MUTS?
I like the covered pool area better and would hate to see it be removed. For many itineraries, the covered pool area is a nice place to go when the weather outside is cool, rainy or nasty. Without it, people then stake out tables in the buffet and crowd the inside of the ship. MUTS is fine at night but I find it very noisy and distracting during the day when few are watching but it's still blasting away so loud you can't talk. :(

I was looking forward to having MUTS on the Coral but if they take out the covered pool area will probably not be as happy. Kind of interested in what type of movies they will have on a Panama Canal cruise.

Also hope the noise is not heard on the balconies. We like to hear the ocean on thoses.

If they add MUTS to the Island it might be at the main pool which will drive lots of people away from the noise into the covered pool area. :mad: Which I always thought of a quiet pool. Maybe there trying to drive more people into the Sanctuary for a little peace and increase revenues?

I like the covered pool area better and would hate to see it be removed. For many itineraries, the covered pool area is a nice place to go when the weather outside is cool, rainy or nasty. Without it, people then stake out tables in the buffet and crowd the inside of the ship. MUTS is fine at night but I find it very noisy and distracting during the day when few are watching but it's still blasting away so loud you can't talk. :(

Count me in as another vote for covered pool areas instead of MUTS. Not only is the covered pool area nice when the outside weather is poor, but it's also nice for those of us who are trying to reduce our sun exposure. I've had numerous skin cancer issues, and I prefer not to sit out in the sun when I don't have to. My kids like the pool so our compromise is to go to the covered pool where I sit on a lounger (if they're not all taken by chair hogs) and watch them.:)

--Junglejane

Count me in as another vote for covered pool areas instead of MUTS. Not only is the covered pool area nice when the outside weather is poor, but it's also nice for those of us who are trying to reduce our sun exposure. I've had numerous skin cancer issues, and I prefer not to sit out in the sun when I don't have to. My kids like the pool so our compromise is to go to the covered pool where I sit on a lounger (if they're not all taken by chair hogs) and watch them.:)

--Junglejane

Why does one have to rule out the other? On the Grand Class there's certainly room for both.

I'm confused...how does having MUTS take away the indoor pool?

I've never been on the Island/Coral but on the grand class ships, MUTS is over the Calypso pool, which is the covered pool on the non-MUTS ships. MUTS is open air (otherwise it wouldn't be "under the stars" right?), so that pool then has to be uncovered.

--Junglejane

I've never been on the Island/Coral but on the grand class ships, MUTS is over the Calypso pool, which is the covered pool on the non-MUTS ships. MUTS is open air (otherwise it wouldn't be "under the stars" right?), so that pool then has to be uncovered.

--Junglejane

I can't really remember the layout of Island (it was a while ago) but on the Grand, MUTS is over the Neptune pool and has no bearing on the indoor calypso pool. I see what you mean though, just saw the deck plans for Emerald and Ruby and it's so different. I like the Grand's set up.

• 2 weeks later...
MUTS will be retrofitted onto existing ships at their main pool. Princess will NOT be doing away with the covered pools. See Grand Princess and Star Princess as examples...

Does this mean there are some ships with MUTS that are located under covered pools? Although not exactly under the stars, this concept might be nice for Alaska.

Cheryl :)

Archived