Restaurants/delis near Crown Plaza San Pedro?

39august

Any advice about restaurants or delis near CP in San Pedro would be appreciated. I know the Crown Plaza offers a shuttle to anywhere within 5 miles, so I could use that. But I would prefer somewhere within walking distance. Thanks for any help.

There are a number of very good restaurants/cafes within walking distance of the Crowne Plaza.

The Whale and Ale (English Pub) (L,D)

7th Street Chophouse (Steakhouse) (D)

Raefalleo's (Italian) (L,D)

Neils (Upscale Italian) (L,D)

San Pedro Brewing Company (L/D)

Think Cafe (B,L,D)

Ante's (Croatian) (L,D)

Nosh Cafe/Deli (B,L)

The Grinder coffeeshop (B,L,D)

You can go to sanpedro.com to locate their addresses and maps.

Also, if you purchase a bottle of wine from Off The Vine located at 6th and Pacific Ave., the 7th Street Chophouse and Ante's will waive the corkage fee.

We ate at the Whale and Ale and it was very good. Then we ate at a Mexican restaurant down on the waterfront (can't remember the name) and it was very good, but both times we were there eating early due to the time variation from the midwest.

We ate one buffet breakfast at the hotel....not good. For breakfast there is a Denny's type restaurant not too far away, one street toward the waterfront.

Sorry, not to remember the names of the restaurants! San Pedro is not that big, and I understand that they are making improvements.

We also took public transportation over to Long Beach, across the bridge. I am glad we stayed in San Pedro (twice).

Any advice about restaurants or delis near CP in San Pedro would be appreciated. I know the Crown Plaza offers a shuttle to anywhere within 5 miles, so I could use that. But I would prefer somewhere within walking distance. Thanks for any help.

I thought the CP only had a shuttle to the mall? I know the Doubletree will shuttle you around within a few miles. I know there is a place called the Green Onion that I have read about and that is also within walking distance from the CP. We got up and had our first meal on the ship. :D

Then we ate at a Mexican restaurant down on the waterfront (can't remember the name) and it was very good, but both times we were there eating early due to the time variation from the midwest.

That restaurant was probably Acapulco. We went there last week and also enjoyed our meal and the view.

Andreadan pretty much covered it. There is also Alcapulco's and Port's O Call Restaurant in Port's O Call Village if you'd like to eat on the waterfront. There is no need for a shuttle unless you plan on going to 22nd Street landing as Putterdude pointed out.

If you are looking for some good down-home cooking you can also try Garth-Trani's on 7th street. Very casual, inexpensive and the food is awesome!! It's a small place like Nosh but delivers great eats in a BIG way.

We have been to the Green Onion quite a few times

here is there info.

The Green Onion

Old Downtown

145 West 6th Street

San Pedro, CA 90731

(310) 519-0631

You are probably doing a Mexican Riviera cruise so not sure if you are going to want Mexican, but it is good!

Enjoy

It's right across the street

from CP.

Go out front door of hotel.

Turn left.

Few steps to corner.

Cross the street (to the right)

Walk just a minute or two.

Pass building on the corner

Then there is the Green Onion.

GRINDER is the BEST place for breakfast! Just a short walk from the Crowne Plaza.

We also walked over to the waterfront and ate at Acapulco s for dinner one night and really liked the food and being on the waterfront.

We really disliked everything about the Whale and Ale. Everything from service, to food quality and portion size, to the prices were a bit of a let down. Maybe we just hit them on an "off" night, but we will not go back. The hotel shuttle drove us there but we walked back, hoping to find an ice cream stand along the way. What we did find, instead, was the STRUDEL BAKERY - not sure of the name, but it sure was tasty!

PLEASE TELL ME NIKO'S IS STILL THERE!!! Nobody has mentioned this great "more than a pizza shop" place we also walked to from the hotel. The food was delicious and we are totally planning on heading back up there on our next visit! Check them out here:

http://www.nikospizzeria.com/menu/index.php

I can't believe no one mentioned the fish markets along the waterfront. Walk down to the waterfront (3 blocks?) and head west. Many options, some better than others, some cleaner than others, but all a good time. There is a good sit-down sea food restraunt near the west end.

Archived