Ft. Lauderdale to Miami Friday around 5pm

Perki

So what kind of traffic and how long should we expect it to take, to get from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Intercontinental Miami on a Friday afternoon around 5pm? Is there a lot of traffic heading that way on a weekend from people that live one place and work another so it'll be stop and go on the freeway? Or should it be a pretty easy ride within half an hour or so? Just wondering. Thank you!

So what kind of traffic and how long should we expect it to take, to get from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Intercontinental Miami on a Friday afternoon around 5pm? Is there a lot of traffic heading that way on a weekend from people that live one place and work another so it'll be stop and go on the freeway? Or should it be a pretty easy ride within half an hour or so? Just wondering. Thank you!

The heaviest traffic will be from Miami North but expect heavy traffic and delays if there is a wreck.

If you aren't in a hurry, I highly suggest the much more pleasant and scenic A1A. You can stop in South Beach for dinner.

Is there a lot of traffic heading that way on a weekend from people that live one place and work another so it'll be stop and go on the freeway?

Yes. This happens every work day, not just on Friday. It will take however long it takes. There are easier ways to do this on surface streets, but either you or your driver will need to have some experience with the various routes.

I would say closer to an hour.....sometimes the traffic can

backkkkkk up.....if you make it in 30 minutes? It would be

a record on a Friday afternoon;):D:)...seriously, you might

make it in 30 but I think it will be closer to 45....

The heaviest traffic will be from Miami North but expect heavy traffic and delays if there is a wreck.

If you aren't in a hurry, I highly suggest the much more pleasant and scenic A1A. You can stop in South Beach for dinner.

We will be hiring a Town Car at Ft. Lauderdale from the company housed there at the airport curbside Transportation. Should I ask them to take a more scenic route then vs. the main highway?

We will be hiring a Town Car at Ft. Lauderdale from the company housed there at the airport curbside Transportation. Should I ask them to take a more scenic route then vs. the main highway?

If you are paying a set fee, definitely. It really is a pretty drive.

Expect a mess then be pleasently surprised if there isn't one. I'd wait until after 7 if you don't know where you are going, or like Blue Herons said, take A1A, stop in Hollywood Beach, Aventura, or Sunny Isles for dinner and mosey on. BUT, I will say that even Collins and a1a can get congested at those times, many people headed to the beach for happy hour, etc..esp. when you hit Alton Road, Lincoln Road areas.

Archived