Istanbul airport

gr8aunt

Does anyone know how far it is from the ship to the Istanbul airport and whether or not it is possible to disembark in time for an 8:55 flight. The ship arrives Istanbul at 5 a.m.

Correction: Just checked itinerary again. The ship arrives Istanbul the day before disembarkation. Do you think it's safe to assume then that I could get to the airport for an 8:55 flight?

If you arrive the prior evening, you will have no problem disembarking in time to make your 8:55 (I'm assuming a.m.) flight.

Just be aware that there are security checks after the security check and that is before the security check. :eek:

The trip to the airport is fairly quick. Since you have to be at the airport at 7AM, I'm sure that if you leave the ship around 6AM you will have plenty of time.

At that time of the morning there will be little if no traffic. There may still be a delay getting into the airport in the cab, since there are security checks at this level. But you should not have a problem. The airport trip should be about a half hour, probably less.

Are there generally cabs available at the port at 530-6am or is it better to prearrange something? How much should a cab cost from the port to the airport?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

You'll find plenty of cabs loitering around the cruise ships along the Bosphorus on disembarkation days, looking for a fat fare to the airport. Just keep in mind that if you depart during the pre-dawn hours, the cabbies can (and will) charge you a higher "night" rate.

Archived