Adventure Price drop

Alexis

I just saved several hundred dollars on my B2B cruises on the Adventure for Nov. 29 and Dec. 6, 2009.

I also saw my center hump cabin opened up for both weeks and switched to that.

It pays to check every day. ;)

I would check for your weeks and cabins. ;)

Nice,

I'll have to watch to see if one comes thru on my Oct. cruise. I check everyday as well. Always have and always will.

Checking on my Majesty cruise everyday thats coming up next month has already scored me a JS coming up from a ocean view for roughly the same price I originally paid.

Congrats, I know it really helped especially with you doing the B2B.

Congrats Alexis,

I just got one too, for our Med cruise. 540$ per person drop. YIPPPEEEE!!!!!!

Wow, that is as good as the time I found an $1000 drop on our 2003 Brilliance 11 nighter. $500 each for our cabin. I felt like we were sailing almost free. :D

I am ecstatic just to finally get the middle hump. I have been looking for that every day.

I knew the one week was open from day 1. I just kept hoping that when the new itineraries come out someone would change ships. Or, with the sale, maybe they upgraded. :confused:

Good to see you. ;)

how do you check the prices just keep goning to the website? also how do you manage to get the upgrads

Yes, I go every day and make like I want to book a cruise for the weeks I am sailing and in the same cabin category.

You will then see if the price is higher or lower than what you paid. ;)

You only want to see the cabin prices. ;)

When you look and see the prices in your category, you either just back out or cancel what you are looking at.

I never upgrade, but if you see a cabin category higher than yours is selling for the same price as yours, or just a few dollars more during a price drop, switch to it. ;)

Call RCCL and tell them you want to change over to it because it is on sale.

Congrats on the price drop Alexis. Guess this might make up for having to switch ships.;)

It is still painful, but this helps. :D

I am resigned to the fact I may never get back to Grenada. I have been trying to get back there since the late 1990's-2000. Every time I book a ship that goes there, they cancel it because of it being hit by hurricanes or it gets pulled from the itinerary.

I was originally sailing the Adventure and Grenada was pulled from the itinerary so I jumped to the Serenade.

Here I am back on the Adventure and no Grenada.:p

I agree, Alexis, the price drops are definitely happening!! I have had FOUR in the last week!! My TA tonight told me that RCCL was going to start paying me to go on their cruises with all these price reductions. :D

Independence in December was one last week and one this week, both for $50 each. We have 4 cabins booked, with two single supplements (Grandma and oldest DS, so no sharing there), and the singles got two $100 price reductions out of this.

Thing is I checked this morning, and then this evening the prices went down, so once a day isn't enough. Tedious, but it pays off.

Then, we had our Rhapsody in October go down $650 per person.

And, the bonus was our air went down, too, this week!!!

Yes, now is the time to watch our bookings like little hawks. Sometimes I can save the ghost booking as a Favorite and just click on it, but others I build from scratch.

I just checked again to be obsessive, and I got another $400 off with a new, NJ resident discount :eek::eek::eek: !!

Good for you, Marci. Yes, the only way to catch these is to BE obsessive!:D

I tried downloading it but it wanted me to download something extra so I said forget it. Every time I download something new my computer acts up.

It is good to hear of your other cruise savings too. ;)

I also backed out of the Shark download. :o

My computer goes bonkers every single time I install a new thing in it. I end up taking the new download out and my computer runs perfect again.

So, I can do without it too. :D

I agree, Alexis, the price drops are definitely happening!! I have had FOUR in the last week!! My TA tonight told me that RCCL was going to start paying me to go on their cruises with all these price reductions. :D

Independence in December was one last week and one this week, both for $50 each. We have 4 cabins booked, with two single supplements (Grandma and oldest DS, so no sharing there), and the singles got two $100 price reductions out of this.

Thing is I checked this morning, and then this evening the prices went down, so once a day isn't enough. Tedious, but it pays off.

Then, we had our Rhapsody in October go down $650 per person.

And, the bonus was our air went down, too, this week!!!

Yes, now is the time to watch our bookings like little hawks. Sometimes I can save the ghost booking as a Favorite and just click on it, but others I build from scratch.

My, but you are doing well on those price drops. I have already gotten one on my airline and I am going to check again when I get off of here. I have been lax on that. Any time I see one, it has to be over $150 just for my ticket to start with because they charge me that much right away just to change my tickets. :mad:

They say after all they have so much paperwork involved. :rolleyes:

I just checked today and we had a price drop on Liberty for our September sailing. Went from $1,240 for a balcony to $979. It was so easy to have them apply it I was amazed.

PS: I got the notification thru Crusieshark so thanks SABBO

does ***** notify you any other way than just by clicking on the little icon every now and then and checking to see if there are any price changes? I thought maybe it sent out an email or something when there was a price drop? Also is there a way to check the history on ***** to see what, if any price changes there have been over a certain period of time? I have it downloaded and I just click the icon in my tray every now and then and so far no price drops. Keep checking though hoping!

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for the heads up on our M&M thread. My parents were able to save $150 each. Now if they'd just drop the prices of the Junior Suites maybe I could save some money too!

I am glad to hear that. Keep looking for yourself and don't stop.

Anytime there was ever a price drop on one of the ships we were sailing, we always posted that information on the Meet & Mingle Roll Calls. These two cruises will make it 12 I have been involved with now and anyone who finds them always gives a heads up to their fellow cruisers. ;)

I added some other categories to my ***** to compare prices. We have an E2 on deck 6 right now. A D3 is availabe for the same price, on the same deck. Is this something I should change too for the same price? Is a D3 better in some form? Thanks for any info!

Size is the difference. ;)

The E2 is 173 sq ft and a balcony of 47 sq ft.

The D3 is 188 sq ft and a balcony of 50 sq ft.

I would also look at the location of the cabin to see if you like where it is, compared to where you are now.

Archived