Sailed Sea Days - Exciting development???

Marie321

OK. So I have an upcoming cruise to Alaska and I was checking my on-line check in form. They have a new line now that lists your mariner number and sailed sea days. I noticed my sailed sea days was wrong (they listed 7 when I have 35). They also listed a number to call and correct the number of sea days.

I just got off the phone. They said it would be updated in about 48 hours. I said something like "OK, but I don't think it really makes a difference in anything." The guy said "It can always help with an upgrade."

REALLY?? Is that maybe why they have added that line? Will they maybe consider repeat customers for better upgrades? I think that is wonderful if they will start doing that!

Just thought I'd let everyone know what they said! Sounds exciting!

Rather than the upgrade scenario hinted at by HAL ... my guess is that the Mariner Society wants to have complete and correct info on each member as a prelude to assessing any changes to the Mariner Society perks program.

REALLY?? Is that maybe why they have added that line? Will they maybe consider repeat customers for better upgrades? I think that is wonderful if they will start doing that!

I do too! But I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

If Mariner days meant anything towards an upgrade, I would expect my 413 days to have gotten me something more than a couple of minor upgrades over the years. :rolleyes:

There's an area right on the HA site (on the left) that asks you to update your Mariner days and information...............you just enter it.............then you don't have to wait on the telephone!;)

When we sailed on the Ryndam 30 night cruise in Jan/09, we had only 7 days with HAL. We booked an inside guarantee, lowest category available. We were given a cat. E oceanview! Others that had sailed more days than us, did not fare so well with their upgrade. I think HAL will give a better upgrade to a "newbe" to get them to come back. The Mariners that have lots of days sailed with HAL, they know you will be back. Not sure if this is how it works, but just an idea.

Of course the upgrade fairy has her own reasoning, and we can never second guess her!

... my guess is that the Mariner Society wants to have complete and correct info on each member as a prelude to assessing any changes to the Mariner Society perks program.

"IF" they finally get the correct info right ...

This is thier 4th attempt, I think ?

I'm not holding my breath this time. :rolleyes:

I personally don't think # of days has anything to do with upgrades. I've received a couple of upgrades, but I think it has more to do with the fact that I book inside guarantees, and I have no where to go but up. :D

Roz

I think the posts that talk about the Mariners Society wanting the correct information "hit the nail on the head", as the saying goes. There are various awards that one gets when the days get up there and 35 puts you a bit closer than five or seven

Archived