Mykonos - how long does it take to see the town?

How long does it take to wander around Mykonos town and see most of the main parts? Has anyone had the experience of renting a scooter and getting around that way? How long will it take to get to Paradise Beach on a scooter?

How long does it take to wander around Mykonos town and see most of the main parts? Has anyone had the experience of renting a scooter and getting around that way? How long will it take to get to Paradise Beach on a scooter?

I think it would be a blast to rent scooters! We just wandered last time we were there. It ended up being a great day with no agenda. We wandered all the streets and had lunch down by the water. It was a fabulous! We are going back next month and I can't wait to do it again! Have a great day no matter what you decide. There is supposed to be a place to rent 4X4s also. VERY affordable for the day.

Wandering the town to the windmills and around the shops doesn't really take a long time, it just depends on how much you want to wander and try to get lost and work your way around and how many shops you decide to stop in. A scooter to wander in town would be a pain (lots of shallow steps), but for going out of the town it would be fun.

You take a ferry from Mykonos to Delos and spend a few hours wandering the ruits there and seeing the museum. They are really great. Then spend a few hours wandering around Mykonos. Great place for Jewelry. The price for gold is the same, but the workmanship is great for a great price. I got a boy on a dolphin gold pendant that is spectacular. :D

Mykonos is a charming and interesting town with lots of shops, cute views, etc. The "streets" are narrow and winding. You could do it in 90 minutes or three hours, depending on your interests and style of seeing this type of area. We got a car and drove out to some of the beaches. It was well worth doing that. It was a smaller car and maybe cost $25 as I recall. With a scooter, here is a word of caution. Some of the roads going down to the beaches are dirt and/or gravel, plus being a little rough. The main, paved roads twist and turn. With a scooter, there are more safety concerns on that type of pavement, if you are not very careful. Nothing ruins a vacation more than getting banged up in a scooter fall or accident. Below are some pictures from our visit to Mykosos. You can see and do lots there in a day with nice weather.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

1286426881_9-MykonosOverview.jpg.31eecebf2bb4e9ac9524016826b217ff.jpg

2125636768_9-MykonosWindmills.jpg.58df8f29c6dd5dbc65368a1a49d01d01.jpg

783692515_9-MykonosHarbor.jpg.c5650ddb280249ce631a41654d9cdb01.jpg

742545019_9-MykonosBeachView2.jpg.1085974f1888023499b9e19dc477f624.jpg

1411094936_9-MykonosBeachView.jpg.a8ab0b202df64bc09c522c322acb928d.jpg

Mykonos is a charming and interesting town with lots of shops, cute views, etc. You can see and do lots there in a day with nice weather.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Thanks for the pics.... will be there on May 7th !!!

We'll be visiting Mykonos on our Med cruise in a couple of weeks. I have made arrangements to rent ATV's instead of mopeds (sturdier and just feels safer to me).

This is the site I booked through. Super affordable and they said to just call them when we get off the ship and they'll come pick us up! Their communication has been great - they e mail me back in a snap when I contact them with any questions.

I look forward to giving a report based on my first hand experience when we get back!

www.okmykonos.com

Terry

Thanks for posting your pics. Can you tell me the name of the beach in the pics you posted.

Also can you walk to a beach after you are done touring the town and the windmills? If you can - which one would you suggest - looking for quiet and I am going in May.

Thanks

Briody:cool:

Archived