~Cruise Critic Group Cruise To Alaska ~ Amsterdam May 2010~

LEtue

Tinknock50 - I had the exact same thoughts as you did regarding the decline in interest on this thread. I think if your a CC member and your on the dam ship then your one of the group. We're all going for the adventure, fun, meeting our fellow CC members and a host of other fun reasons. Right???

Right! So let's hear from everybody, regardless of your booking situation.:)

As Ruth said, generally the chat gravitates to the Roll Calls so let's see you there too!:)

I may be on a different cruise date, but you are more than welcome to drop in on my May 17th Roll Call and "chat" with us. There should be lots of good information on both Roll Calls so why not take them both in?

We are all one big Cruise Critic family!

Linda, I too should apologize for not responding to this sooner. DH's job has taken a real downer and I do not think this cruise is a go for us. We really wanted to but other things take priority. I do follow along with you all and if his job does a big turnaround....who knows! I do hope you get a large group going , this looks like a great adventure. Marian

Tinknock and Sue from Canada, this particular thread is supposed to be limited to those booking through the Group Cruise with Cruise Critic. There is absolutely nothing to say that others can't read or watch all our fun, but we are limited to those booked through the group cruise process. Anyone who wants to talk about any sailing or just Alaska in general has choices in the Roll Calls or any other topic thread they choose.

We would love for everyone to join us, but they need to participate in the Group Cruise!

OK.....got it.

Enjoy your cruise! I just hope you will atleast wave to the other people across the room on the ship that aren't "official".:)

Over and out,

Tinknock and Sue from Canada, this particular thread is supposed to be limited to those booking through the Group Cruise with Cruise Critic. There is absolutely nothing to say that others can't read or watch all our fun, but we are limited to those booked through the group cruise process. Anyone who wants to talk about any sailing or just Alaska in general has choices in the Roll Calls or any other topic thread they choose.

We would love for everyone to join us, but they need to participate in the Group Cruise!

Ouch.

No...it is the original thread that was used to see who was interested in participating in a May 2010 group. :)

We don't have an "official" thread because it did look like the best place to have discussions is on a roll call. I even had Host Mach change the name to remove CC Group Cruise so that feelings could be put aside :(

Nothing seems to be working.....

Linda, I too should apologize for not responding to this sooner. DH's job has taken a real downer and I do not think this cruise is a go for us. We really wanted to but other things take priority. I do follow along with you all and if his job does a big turnaround....who knows! I do hope you get a large group going , this looks like a great adventure. Marian

It's okay. It is a pricey cruise and a lot of people can't commit :(

Thanks for letting me know and I hope your hubby's job is okay!!

Linda, We are still interested. Got prices that are reasonable. We will just be getting back from 74 days from down under on the 4th of May. Looking to see is it's doable. Mash1

How was your trip? Wow, 74 days on a cruise ship! What was that like? That had to be a reality shock when you disembarked :D

Think mash1 means May4 2010 !

We're in a holding pattern here, cost etc. Still a long way out too. DW might prefer a shorter sea component as a first time as well, we'll see.

I think more than a few are in a holding pattern as well. Thanks for posting :)

Linda,

Well no more holding pattern for us, we got our conformation today!! YoHooo!!! We're official. Let the scouting for tours, airfare and hotels begin. Hopefully the group can get a great deal on a hotel?

Thanks Linda for all your help in this trip.

Linda,

Well no more holding pattern for us, we got our conformation today!! YoHooo!!! We're official. Let the scouting for tours, airfare and hotels begin. Hopefully the group can get a great deal on a hotel?

Thanks Linda for all your help in this trip.

Hey, thats great news! There are sure to be some hotels out there at great prices. If we can gain a few more cabins it wil be easier to negotiate a better deal but we'll find some options!

I have to agree with Tinknock50 and Sue from Canada - Ouch!!:( This particular cruise right now is out of my budget, but if it were in, I would not book it through this group cruise. The above remark makes me feel very uncomfortable, not at all like I have experienced with HAL cruisers. Sorry, and feel free to flame me, but I wouldn't feel at home with you guys, sorry.:mad: As Tinknock50 said - wave to the others who aren't as "privileged" as you. :)

Sue

Triple ouch!!! I know, BJbear, I'm still licking my wounds! And we ARE on this 5/31/10 sailing....just not thru the CC group (we couldn't wait to book - did it as soon as the new itinerary came out!). But it makes no difference to me - I'm joining Sean and Sue on their 5/17/10 roll call to participate in some chat about the cruise itself -just to have others to share with! Wish finances allowed you to join us on this wonderful cruise - head over to the roll calls to just check in with us bouncing-off-the-wall-with-excitement-folks! I say - the more, the merrier!:p

I have to agree with Tinknock50 and Sue from Canada - Ouch!!:( This particular cruise right now is out of my budget, but if it were in, I would not book it through this group cruise. The above remark makes me feel very uncomfortable, not at all like I have experienced with HAL cruisers. Sorry, and feel free to flame me, but I wouldn't feel at home with you guys, sorry.:mad: As Tinknock50 said - wave to the others who aren't as "privileged" as you. :)

Sue

Hi Sue,

I'm sorry you feel that way. I had already sent Sean and Sue a personal email apologizing for the remark above because it made me uncomfortable too.

I not "privileged" and do not share the same opinions that keep creeping in to the posts on this thread. However, I realize that I will take the "hit" as the group leader even though I can't control what people post.

This was supposed to be a happy time full of wonder plans for a fantastic cruise. Unfortunately, that hasn't turned out to be the case so I'm going to ask the moderators to lock the thread.

Emotionally, I'm done....:(

Hi Sue,

I'm sorry you feel that way. I had already sent Sean and Sue a personal email apologizing for the remark above because it made me uncomfortable too.

I not "privileged" and do not share the same opinions that keep creeping in to the posts on this thread. However, I realize that I will take the "hit" as the group leader even though I can't control what people post.

This was supposed to be a happy time full of wonder plans for a fantastic cruise. Unfortunately, that hasn't turned out to be the case so I'm going to ask the moderators to lock the thread.

Probably for the best Linda. Besides, usually the action heads over to the Roll Calls anyway at this point.

So Happy Cruising to all regardless of which sailing you are on! Check out both the May 17th and 30th Roll Calls for fun, cruise excitement, chat!

OK, now I'm really confused. Supposedly this thread was going to be locked, but I can post?

Have been reading through all the pages. Love the itinerary but the price is high. And if the OBC is $225/cabin, why doesn't a single cruiser, who has to pay both fares, get that amount???

Do you not want to have conversations with people who haven't booked yet? I had some thoughts as I read through the thread, but wanted to wait until I had read the whole thread. Just discovered it today.

I booked our group into the Inn at the Market on our Alaska cruise at some very competitive rates. Everyone absolutely loved it, it was one of the highlights of the cruise. We had our group dinner the night before at Anthony's, walkable from Inn at the Market, the food was excellent and they did individual tabs.

Hi Sue,

I just want to give a BIG THANKS to Linda for all the work she's invested over the past weeks on this thread and roll calls. It hasn't been smooth sailing for her and I think she deserves a big bouquet of roses. Thank you Linda.

RF0032.jpg

I just want to give a BIG THANKS to Linda for all the work she's invested over the past weeks on this thread and roll calls. It hasn't been smooth sailing for her and I think she deserves a big bouquet of roses. Thank you Linda.

RF0032.jpg

Thanks Sue! The flowers made my day :)

i agree. Thanks Linda for all your hard work. It really is difficult being an organizer and you have done a great job.

Thanks, I appreciate that!

OK, now I'm really confused. Supposedly this thread was going to be locked, but I can post?

Have been reading through all the pages. Love the itinerary but the price is high. And if the OBC is $225/cabin, why doesn't a single cruiser, who has to pay both fares, get that amount???

Do you not want to have conversations with people who haven't booked yet? I had some thoughts as I read through the thread, but wanted to wait until I had read the whole thread. Just discovered it today.

I did email about locking the post...but they may choose not to though.

Singles get $175 OBC. Probably because they do not pay 200% to sail ;)

Yes, we have had some great conversations but things have turned a bit ugly at times and what started as a potentially great group cruise has kind of split apart over 2 different sailings. So, most of the conversations are taking place on the roll call boards now and you are certainly welcome to join in too!

Also, I just saw your email and I will get back to you shortly.

I

I too agree with the kudos that Linda well deserves. It is never easy to be the organizer and to please everyone. You've done a fine job, Linda, and I just know things will all work out. Some folks can say things that they may not mean or say it in such a way that doesn't sound so pleasant, particularly in the written word thru email. Don't sweat the small stuff and lets just get on with the business of being happy and excited that we're ALL cruising to Alaska again next year! Nuff said;)!

I would like to thank you too, Linda, for starting this thread and getting everyone all worked up about this itinerary - you put into words what I was feeling inside and if I hadn't been so darn impatient, I would have waited to book with the group. But no matter - we're going and that is the important thing! I'm hoping we can meet up on the ship so I can thank you in person - yes, I'll be the one up bright and early on deck scoping for whale spouts, enjoying the breathtaking views, and thriving in the brisk sea air. I'll buy ya cup of coffee, okay? LOL!

I hope this thread is not locked because I believe it is an important place to make others aware of the upcoming group cruise, especially those who have not been part of the initial discussion.

In my opinion it should be for promotion of the group cruise only, that is, the May 31, 2010 Amsterdam sailing--isn't that what the title of the thread suggests? and because May 31 was decided to be the date of the group cruise.

I can't imagine the amount of time and effort it took to set up this group cruise but out of respect to Linda and others at Cruise Critic and CruCon who did take the time and effort to organize this trip, let's try to support this group trip as best we can.

I have not talked to Johna at CruCon yet, but I intend to do that soon!

Donna

Archived