~Cruise Critic Group Cruise To Alaska ~ Amsterdam May 2010~

LEtue

Sorry all,

It looks like we will not be joining you. Although we love the itinerary, we have decided to go on a TransAtlantic instead. The price worked out better for us. We would love to do this cruise in the future though.

Have fun!

Eric

Sorry all,

It looks like we will not be joining you. Although we love the itinerary, we have decided to go on a TransAtlantic instead. The price worked out better for us. We would love to do this cruise in the future though.

Have fun!

Eric

Hi Eric,

Too bad we won't be seeing you on board. :( But you are going to have a great time on the Transatlantic :D And the Jewel is a beautiful ship!!!

We are undecided at this point. We would love to take advantage of this great itinerary but have all ready cruised 25 days in Alaska. We were hoping to do a land portion next time so that is our dilemma!

We are undecided at this point. We would love to take advantage of this great itinerary but have all ready cruised 25 days in Alaska. We were hoping to do a land portion next time so that is our dilemma!

I know that feeling! Margie and I have talked about doing a land trip just to be able to spend more time in a few places. But we always come back to a cruise and this one has Homer and Kodiak which we have been wanting to visit :)

No matter what you decide the trip will be great!

Johna e-mailed me back yesterday and said she had four Cruise Critic groups to deal with. Still waiting to hear back from her.

I managed to get through and talk to Johna yesterday. If you're still having trouble let me know and I can try and help.

She does have 5 including ours that kicked off in the last week :eek:

Where is everyone? There was so much interest before and now there is almost none. So, give me some feedback either here or by email :confused:

I hope everyone is just off enjoying a summer weekend :D

Where is everyone? There was so much interest before and now there is almost none. So, give me some feedback either here or by email :confused:

Linda,

We're here just waiting for Johna to get back to us with the final conformation on Monday, I hope. I do have a question though, I am paying for my Sis and BIL to go with us on the cruise. Will they also get a free dinner for two also, since they will have their own cabin?

Linda,

We're here just waiting for Johna to get back to us with the final conformation on Monday, I hope. I do have a question though, I am paying for my Sis and BIL to go with us on the cruise. Will they also get a free dinner for two also, since they will have their own cabin?

Definitely, the first 2 passengers in each cabin are eligible for both the $225 OBC and the Pinnacle Grill Dinner :D

Glad to hear that you are sailing with us!

Linda, does someone going solo get a free lunch or dinner at the Pinnacle.

I would assume so since feeding one costs the cruise line less but probably a question for the TA to answer officially. Do you want me to email her and ask?

Hi Linda. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering about solo traveller perks. Can you please inquire with Johna. Thanks.

Actually this is the first time the Pinnancle Dining question has come up. The OBC is $150 for singles.

I will find out about the dining. I'm guessing you will get one coupon instead of 2 since the amentities are one per each of the first two passengers in the cabin. I will double check though....

Hi Linda. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering about solo traveller perks. Can you please inquire with Johna. Thanks.

Sue, I have reconfirmed this with Johna and passengers sailing solo will receive one coupon delivered to their cabin. :)

Thanks for checking on this Linda. Another reason for me to switch TA's

Hey, you're welcome!

I'm glad that you're checking in because there has been much interest in this cruise since we went official :(

Hey, you're welcome!

I'm glad that you're checking in because there has been much interest in this cruise since we went official :(

Hi Linda....remember me? This is your "scout" from the May 17th cruise. :)

I was just thinking......since it appears so many people went with their own TAs, maybe they think they aren't supposed to post here unless they are "official"?

Perhaps a whole new thread welcoming everyone who is on this sailing "official" or not would work? Just a thought. It would be nice to see the chattering about this cruise starting up again even though I am on the previous sailing.

You could also have a link to this thread on the new one so they can read how the excitement for this new itinerary began. :)

Happy planning!

Perhaps a whole new thread welcoming everyone who is on this sailing "official" or not would work? Just a thought. It would be nice to see the chattering about this cruise starting up again even though I am on the previous sailing.

Isn't that what the Roll-Call forum is for?

In my experience I have found a great many posters on that forum who never make an appearance on this board. It would be a shame to have three (1 official group, and 2 CC posters) threads going for the same cruise. Especially when two of those groups are essentially the same.

Isn't that what the Roll-Call forum is for?

In my experience I have found a great many posters on that forum who never make an appearance on this board. It would be a shame to have three (1 official group, and 2 CC posters) threads going for the same cruise. Especially when two of those groups are essentially the same.

Good point Ruth. I was just trying to suggest ways to get a thread on this cruise cooking again. But you are right, it does usually center on the Roll Call thread, especially after the word is out through this thread that there is excitement for this cruise.

I haven't visited the Roll Call for this cruise lately so maybe there is some good chatter there.:)

Even though my husband and I booked the June 28th sailing for this cruise I check all the boards for all the sailings just about every day to partake in the enthusiasm!!! I am starting to look into excursions and starting to form some questions in my mind that I might want some feedback on at some point. Even if we will be on different sailings we can all share in the excitement for the Amsterdam in 2010!!!

Even though my husband and I booked the June 28th sailing for this cruise I check all the boards for all the sailings just about every day to partake in the enthusiasm!!! I am starting to look into excursions and starting to form some questions in my mind that I might want some feedback on at some point. Even if we will be on different sailings we can all share in the excitement for the Amsterdam in 2010!!!

I hear ya. :)

Hear is a link to the May 31st Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1001357

And a link to the May 17th Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1002128

Why don't ya come up and see us sometime? :D

Linda, I'm not able to do this cruise.:( It really interests me but I didn't expect the balcony cabins to come in at around $4,000 which would cost me $8,000 for this cruise.:eek: I've been to Alaska on 3 cruises but only 7 dayers and this one really appealed but there are still places on my "wish list" that I haven't seen and could do for the same, or less, money. I'm going to follow you guys on your roll call just to keep track of this wonderful cruise!:)

Have a wonderful cruise! Sue

Hi Linda....remember me? This is your "scout" from the May 17th cruise. :)

I was just thinking......since it appears so many people went with their own TAs, maybe they think they aren't supposed to post here unless they are "official"?

You could also have a link to this thread on the new one so they can read how the excitement for this new itinerary began. :)

Happy planning!

Tinknock50 - I had the exact same thoughts as you did regarding the decline in interest on this thread. I think if your a CC member and your on the dam ship then your one of the group. We're all going for the adventure, fun, meeting our fellow CC members and a host of other fun reasons. Right???

Tinknock and Sue from Canada, this particular thread is supposed to be limited to those booking through the Group Cruise with Cruise Critic. There is absolutely nothing to say that others can't read or watch all our fun, but we are limited to those booked through the group cruise process. Anyone who wants to talk about any sailing or just Alaska in general has choices in the Roll Calls or any other topic thread they choose.

We would love for everyone to join us, but they need to participate in the Group Cruise!

Archived