How full is the ship on our sailing?

Cosmic Rays

Is it possible to find out how full a particular sailing is? We're on the Diamond out of Vancouver on June 6th to Alaska
Just checked on Princess: obstructed oceanview cabins category GG and lower are available; oceanview cabins are waitlisted; there's one balcony cabin available at the very front of the ship; all mini-suites and full suites are waitlist only. I'd say it's pretty darned full and sold out.

Where, on the Princess site, did you find this info? I only seem to be able to pick a particular cabin and see if it's available.:confused:

I'm thinking of changing a Sept.1 to Alaska to an Aug.22, and that info would be helpful.

thanks

Where, on the Princess site, did you find this info? I only seem to be able to pick a particular cabin and see if it's available.:confused:

I'm thinking of changing a Sept.1 to Alaska to an Aug.22, and that info would be helpful.

thanks

Just look at the whole block of catagories in each respective grouping.

You have to find your cruise then go thru each Category and see how many cabins show available for booking; if the category shows waitlisted, then that category is full, if it shows less than 6 cabins then it's pretty full, if it shows six cabins then you don't know how full that category is. If you do this for all the Categories you can get some idea. The one thing this doesn't account for is the cabins that were put out to the TA's and not yet turned-in. ken

You have to find your cruise then go thru each Category and see how many cabins show available for booking; if the category shows waitlisted, then that category is full, if it shows less than 6 cabins then it's pretty full, if it shows six cabins then you don't know how full that category is.

I'm sorry I seem so brain cramped here but I still don't know exactly what I am doing.

Do I have to go to "reserve" and then pick a category to see how many come up?

I'm sorry I seem so brain cramped here but I still don't know exactly what I am doing.

Do I have to go to "reserve" and then pick a category to see how many come up?

Yes, on Princess.com act as if you are booking a cabin on your cruise. As you pick a type of cabin (ie. outside or balcony), it will tell you if all cabins in a category are booked. If not, select a category and it will list up to six avalable cabins

If only 6 cabins show, is there any way to see the other available cabins in that category if you want a certain part of the deck, close to elevator, aft etc?

That one I did figure out, and although it was tedious, we did get a cabin where we wanted it.

On the same page that shows your category and the available 6 or less cabin numbers, you can go to the bottom and put a specific cabin number in.

We were looking for a BB midship and it took several tries to find one available, but we finally did.

When I tried this and it showed the May cruises, it didnt show anything available for the Star on May 31st, does that mean its sold out.

I don't know what you're looking at, but the May 31st Star cruise is wide open. There is availability in almost every catagory.

I just went to one of my favorite internet sites & checked. The are 14 catagories open !

Here are sample prices: inside 342.,outside 548., balcony 1459., mini-suite 1675., full suite 2900.

The cruiselines always play games with availability. They are all hurting because of the economy. Some internet sites buy 'blocks' of rooms to resell. They are going to get stuck this year.

I just used the same website last week to book a mini-suite guarantee on Holland,also June 6th. It cost $900.pp. You could not have touched those prices last year.

Archived