3 cruise tourists (women) arrested here in Curacao !

caribbeanboy

Three women who arrived on the Norwegian Spirit Sunday morning were arrested after the narcotics officers found 11kgs of cocaine in their cabin.The 3 ladies all live in Pittsburgh and are 18,28 and 39 years old.

Two Jamaican men were also arrested but they didn't arrive on the ship but were already here on the island. They assume the Jamaican men gave the ladies the drugs for transportation.

Three women who arrived on the Norwegian Spirit Sunday morning were arrested after the narcotics officers found 11kgs of cocaine in their cabin.The 3 ladies all live in Pittsburgh and are 18,28 and 39 years old.

Two Jamaican men were also arrested but they didn't arrive on the ship but were already here on the island. They assume the Jamaican men gave the ladies the drugs for transportation.

Had the same thing happen to some folks on one of our Bermuda cruises (Dream or Crown) and some of the crew were involved.

I'm sure they'll plead that they thought it was icing sugar.

Ha ha! Yeah right! That won't fly for a minute... maybe here in the US but not abroad. Way to go to the Curacao authorities. That island is the best island I've ever been to and this is just one more reason to go back! :D

Ha ha! Yeah right! That won't fly for a minute... maybe here in the US but not abroad. Way to go to the Curacao authorities. That island is the best island I've ever been to and this is just one more reason to go back! :D

Curacao is a beautiful place and I'm glad we're headin gback there in the near future. Same thing happened on one of our cruises a ways back. In fact it was the cabin next to us. No comments plaese.

Seems that people think they can get away with this stuff. Very expensive lesson to be learned.

Bet they did not have passports either and will have difficulty flying home later, whever they get released.

Drug-Free Curaçao

The drug laws in Curaçao are very strict. Unlike in The Netherlands, even possession of the smallest amount of marijuana or other illegal drugs is ruled as a serious offense. Customs officers thoroughly check ah luggage and persons passing through Curacao’s port of entries.

from

http://www.curacaosalsatour.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4:general-information&catid=30:more-than-salsa&Itemid=54

With its remote beaches, tourist traffic and ties to Europe, this palm-fringed Dutch corner of the Caribbean is a paradise--for drug traffickers, reports AP (July 27, 2003):

from

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-4974175/Drug-smuggler-s-paradise-NETHERLANDS.html

Bet they did not have passports either and will have difficulty flying home later, whever they get released.

I'm guessing that whenever they are released they will get placed on the first US bound plane, passport or no, and told to never come back again.

Curacao is a beautiful place and I'm glad we're headin gback there in the near future. Same thing happened on one of our cruises a ways back. In fact it was the cabin next to us. No comments plaese.

Our cruise was the first Solstice cruise to call there. The travel agents who came onboard loved the ship and the island was very hospitable. I can't wait to return there. :)

As for the cabin next to you... yikes... that's a little close for comfort. I heard a rumor that the Norwegian Dream last year was swept by dogs in BDA but I don't know if anyone was caught.

Amazing how incredibly stupid people are to think they will not get caught - either right away or eventually especially considering how many port calls this repo cruise has. If they didn't get it in Curacao then BDA would have probably since they usually sweep the ships that come in. :cool:

wonder if they'll plead personal use:rolleyes:, didn't see it in local newspaper - the burg

son is in law enforcement, believe 1 kg is about size of vcr tape & worth $35K & up:eek:...thinking $400K worth (going from memory, somebody correct me if im wrong please)

imo, glad it never made it into the country, just more work for those who have to clean up after after drug related violence

wonder if they had dogs sniff it out or a tip. perhaps random searches, yet so much of it-volume wise, maybe the cabin steward found it & reported.:confused:

wonder if they'll plead personal use:rolleyes:, didn't see it in local newspaper - the burg

son is in law enforcement, believe 1 kg is about size of vcr tape & worth $35K & up:eek:...thinking $400K worth (going from memory, somebody correct me if im wrong please)

imo, glad it never made it into the country, just more work for those who have to clean up after after drug related violence

wonder if they had dogs sniff it out or a tip. perhaps random searches, yet so much of it-volume wise, maybe the cabin steward found it & reported.:confused:

The link posted by Alphakitty clears up most of the questions. Sounds like very good police work !!

Anyone considering such a stupid move should watch a show on National Geographic Channel called Locked Up Abroad. They will reconsider.

I sometimes have to turn the channel because I can't stand the stupidity of some of these people!:confused:

The link posted by Alphakitty clears up most of the questions. Sounds like very good police work !!

we posted about the same time, i missed it; thanx for pointing it out! good show:)

I sometimes have to turn the channel because I can't stand the stupidity of some of these people!:confused:

this is 'their' brain on drugs, altered state & all

Archived