3 cruise tourists (women) arrested here in Curacao !

caribbeanboy

If I read the article right, the gals picked up the "stuff" at a house in Curacao, took it back to the ship and "hid" it in their cabin.

That should clear up the "room steward connection". :cool:

Wonder if they were going to dump it in Bermuda or the States? Probably the latter. What stupid, stupid women.

Wouldn't 16 kilos of drugs look suspicious when they scan your belongings coming back on the ship? Not sure what you can see with that scanner.

The news article said the police found attributes for transporting drugs on the body. That would skip the scanner.

Watch out for "overly endowed" ladies !!:)

The news article said the police found attributes for transporting drugs on the body. That would skip the scanner.

Watch out for "overly endowed" ladies !!:)

There are other places for a woman to hide drugs.

Three women who arrived on the Norwegian Spirit Sunday morning were arrested after the narcotics officers found 11kgs of cocaine in their cabin.The 3 ladies all live in Pittsburgh and are 18,28 and 39 years old.

Two Jamaican men were also arrested but they didn't arrive on the ship but were already here on the island. They assume the Jamaican men gave the ladies the drugs for transportation.

How can people be so stupid?

No such thing as 'overly' ;)

You wanna bet! Chris came home after Easter Sunday at Aunt Ruby's and told me how they can now throw them over their shoulders! Eew!!:o Their words (her aunts) not hers.

I think, no offense to Nita, that someone on the ship might do it for all that money. I don't think that is the case in this instance, but at some point it could be. Good reason to keep those TSA locks on your suitcases tucked under the bed or in the closet. Not that Chris & I have done that ever before.

You wanna bet! Chris came home after Easter Sunday at Aunt Ruby's and told me how they can now throw them over their shoulders! Eew!!:o Their words (her aunts) not hers.

I think, no offense to Nita, that someone on the ship might do it for all that money. I don't think that is the case in this instance, but at some point it could be. Good reason to keep those TSA locks on your suitcases tucked under the bed or in the closet. Not that Chris & I have done that ever before.

I'm not discussing 'conditioning' you understand ;)

I'm still confused about a crewman possibly hiding drugs in a passengers cabin though. Wouldn't they need to get it back to realize the profit?

Just sort of seems hiding that much would make it likely to be found in advance

I'm still confused about a crewman possibly hiding drugs in a passengers cabin though. Wouldn't they need to get it back to realize the profit?

Just sort of seems hiding that much would make it likely to be found in advance

That scenario makes no sense anyway you look at it. Yes, the crew would need to get it back and there's no place to hide it in a cabin. I use every nook and cranny to store my things and I would surely notice something that didn't belong to me.

I have a feeling that the crew may also be "scrutinized " a little more carefully than pax when coming back on board. Also, possession of drugs=firing.

A guess on my part but if the pax disembarked and headed to a house, seems like a plan, albeit STUPID, was in place from the "get go".

It is doubtful that a crewmember would leave such a large amount (11kg) of illegal drugs in a place where he would not be able to access it at all times. Just 1 kilo is a lot to leave "unattended". A druglord would probably be very unhappy with someone who was so careless with his "stash". You don't make a druglord unhappy because you could very well pay with your life. The lady suspects probably divided the packages and duct taped the product around their midsections. With clothes layered on top they may have looked a little overdressed and full-figured, but perhaps natural. 1 kilo fills up a gallon size ziploc bag that when spread flat is about 1 inch thick. I used to live with an FBI SA (special agent) who worked the drug squad. He always had "dumb criminal" stories. He once came home with a few kilos of the FBI's drugs they intended to sell to someone. It made me very uncomfortable to even have it in our home overnight. Maybe I was not supposed to say that...

Dolphin, I think ignorance is bliss. You obviously have been isolated from people or places where illegal drugs have made a significant impact. Consider yourself fortunate in that matter.

made the local paper...some rather disturbing info brought over in part:(

the women's arrest came at a time when international police agencies were cracking down on drug traffickers who use the island as a kind of hub.

agents suspect some drug traffickers are connected with Hezbollah.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09119/966398-100.stm?cmpid=latest.xml

Just last year we heard of a drug bust on our ship docking in san francisco. The dea dogs came on board and found their way rather fast to a ba cabin. Cabin was occupied by two women in their seventies. They found several k's of coke. Yes the two ladies were mules. They both were widows who had spent all their money on medical bills for their late husbands. Somehow they were recruited by a gang to transport drugs from the panama to victoria then to seattle. Both these ladies were charged. Neither one of these ladies had so much as a traffic ticket before this journey into the criminal world.

cmon....crew members are not that dumb. We were on the Dawn last year and five cabins were busted on our deck for marijuana. One by one they filed off with their luggage. Seems the dea brought dogs on and they sniffed it out.

I would give huge odds that the narcs watched them buy the stuff and take it to the ship. Same with the three women that were "busted" (comments please- Monte)

Archived