CocoCay/Majesty

Does anybody know how many times the Majesty made it to Cococay for the month of April 2009? I'm sailing on 5/1 and PRAYING we are able to stop. I have have two newbies sailing with me and I would love to show off this beautiful island.

I've been checking weather.com and its say a 30% chance of showers.

.....anybody in tight with Mother Nature?

All I can say is we have been extremely fortunate to be five for five at Coco Cay. Two of those times have been in April. Right now in eastern Florida it is very windy and teh waves have been quite high and rough. That said, hardly any rain is predicted, but the strength of the current is a big determiner of whether the tender boats can take fplks to Coco Cay.

All I can do is wish you luck. My sister had to miss Coco Cay due to heavy currents last year. She blamed Royal Caribbean and will not sail them again. Majesty is a great cruise ship, but I don't think it is great enough to smooth heavy surf.

We missed it on the 4/6 sailing: rough seas.

30% chance of rain isn't the problem, because a little rain happens a lot this time of year. It's the wind and sea conditions. Hope it works out for you.

All I can say is we have been extremely fortunate to be five for five at Coco Cay. Two of those times have been in April. Right now in eastern Florida it is very windy and teh waves have been quite high and rough. That said, hardly any rain is predicted, but the strength of the current is a big determiner of whether the tender boats can take fplks to Coco Cay.

All I can do is wish you luck. My sister had to miss Coco Cay due to heavy currents last year. She blamed Royal Caribbean and will not sail them again. Majesty is a great cruise ship, but I don't think it is great enough to smooth heavy surf.

the ship is not the problem its the tender boats. If a cold front comes through good chance you will not make it. the seas get rough because it is so shallow around CoCocay

10 -12 ft seas around the island but the ocean is as calm as can be.

This picture was taken on a bad day

2006576293_cruise2008024.jpg.9ce622c64eb8c0616efce537eff83bcf.jpg

the ship is not the problem its the tender boats. If a cold front comes through good chance you will not make it. the seas get rough because it is so shallow around CoCocay

10 -12 ft seas around the island but the ocean is as calm as can be.

This picture was taken on a bad day

Whoa! :eek:

Well being on a boat in the middle of the Bahamas is better than being at my desk. I will take it all in stride and hope for the best

We always hear of so many people missing this beautiful Island and having a sea day. RCI needs to put a dock at Coco Cay so there is no missing it anymore. They dont have to make a huge park like Labadee, but just a standard old dock so the ship can park and WE DONT HAVE TO MISS COCO CAY ANYMORE !!!!! :cool:

ALL IN FAVOR...SAY I !!!!!!....LOL

We were there on March 18/09...rained all day but seas were calm...rain didn't let up at all, but we still went over...and got soaked...but at least we got there...weather is the one thing you don't have any control over, so just go and enjoy it if you can

We always hear of so many people missing this beautiful Island and having a sea day. RCI needs to put a dock at Coco Cay so there is no missing it anymore. They dont have to make a huge park like Labadee, but just a standard old dock so the ship can park and WE DONT HAVE TO MISS COCO CAY ANYMORE !!!!! :cool:

ALL IN FAVOR...SAY I !!!!!!....LOL

I agree with you about building the dock, but we've been lucky enough to have never missed it. We're 4 for 4 :p.

Archived