TA hard to figure out

peppygirl

We have booked 2 cruises with the same TA and she wont return our calls and won't send an email confirming the 2nd cruise booking. Is this normal? We have booked 4 other cruises over the years with the same company but different TA's. Princess has booking numbers that confirm our both cruises but I'm starting to get paranoid. We always get a confirmation email from TA with specific info for our records. I spoke w/her earlier this week about possibly upgrading and she said she couldn't pull Princess info up and would call me right back; nope, never did. We thought about calling the company and asking for someone else but we are worried that she'll get in trouble our cruise will get "screwed up" somehow; I know I sound paranoid :( but anyone else have this type of problem and what would you do if this was happening to you?:confused::confused: HELP!

I have found that just because somebody has the ability to book a cruise, does not make them a T/A. Unless you have done your homework, you have no idea if you are dealing with large company with an office staff, a small store front, someone working from home who sub contracts from a large company or some guy with a laptop working in his bedroom.

In any event, call the main office number. Maybe your T/A works part time or is just home ill. If not, check your credit card and switch to another agency.

OMG!!! Get rid of this TA ASAP!! All you have to do is fax a letter to Princess asking for the booking to be transferred to another agent of your chosing. State your reasons why and do it ASAP.

Hopefully, the bad agent doesn't have any fees she'll be expecting you to pay because of the transfer.

A TA that doesn't return phone calls and e-mails is an embarrassment to our industry! :mad:

I would call the office manager/owner tomorrow morning. If you do not get an immediate answer to your satisfaction, find a new TA by lunch tomorrow and move both bookings.

thanks for everyone's input; we just sent an email to VP of the agency requesting assistance in this situation and hopefully another TA!

I spoke w/her earlier this week about possibly upgrading and she said she couldn't pull Princess info up and would call me right back; nope, never did. HELP!

This is Wednesday! Does earlier this week mean Monday?

Maybe she got sick! If you're talking about 2 days I think you need to give her a chance to respond!

You did the right thing in emailing the agency. If she's just out sick they'll let you know.

been happy with this agency prior to this episode? You have seen the booking registered with Princess through My Princess as a upcoming cruise. So the real issue is the failure to return a call or receive the confirmation.

You did right in contacting the agency. There is probably a natural explanation. Perhaps the confirmation is even lost inthe mail. But it seems you are solidly booked.

There is no excuse for non-responsiveness. Another agent should be covering in times of sickness or absence.

But to through out an agency or even an agent for this may be a unnecessary reaction.

In light of the flu out break, many people are being contacted and itineraries are being changed. Agents and agencies are busy.

Could be a time to give them a little break and understanding.

Joe

I'm not one to over react or cause grief for someone but since March I've been trying to work this this TA...one call last week to get the cruise insurance on the Oct 2010 cruise-no response to my voice message. The call on Monday was regarding a possible upgrade on the cruise and again she didn't call back. We just want a good working relationship with the TA because we intend to continue booking cruises.

And you are entitled to that. What's the latest news? Did the VP of the agency call you back?

I think it's still too early in the day for a response, but I also think her bookings should be transferred immediately. She's had problems for a month, so I won't buy the "maybe the TA is sick" statement.

I know I am going to catch some flack about this but, this is why I go directly thru Princess. I have never used a travel agent and I know if I have a problem that I can talk to Princess directly. I have heard of many stories where people could not talk directly to Princess because they booked through a TA and Princess would only deal with them, then you find out that the TA is unavailable for a week or two... No thank you!

In this day and age all it takes is a little time on line and you can find almost anything you like travel wise and for a descent price.... Walk to corner to put on my Nomex suit.....

We used a TA once that was 'great', 'great' that is until you were booked. While considering a cruise, she was always available, then we made our deposit, and she would not call or email no matter how many times we sent an enquiry.

Needless to say, there were no excuses/reasons given for not responding. And we never used that TA again.

I have talked with others that have run into this same problem. Before booking, some TA's are wonderful, but once booked, you can't reach them for anything.

Great TA's out there, avoid those that don't respond to you. And Good Luck on this!

Happy to report the travel agency vice president called me personally about my complaint and we are working on pricing, etc. together;)

Apparently I'm not the only one complaining about this TA. Thanks CC for your support:)

Archived