Couple of Questions for Liberty of Seas

1. If I bring my computer is there a charge to use the internet in my room? Does it work? (slow, etc.) Not sure if I want to bring computer if I can not use in room.

2. The website says that cell phones work on this ship, is there an extra charge? (I have Verizon) Do I need to contact them or should I skip it?

3. This is the first ship that I am going on with Sorrentos Pizza. How is that?

thanks in advance for any assistance.

Yes, if you connect to the internet, it will cost you, whether it's your computer or theirs. You have to "buy" internet access--there are no "free hotspots". It won't be as fast as what you probably have at home.

I've never been able to get a signal once we leave port (I have Verizon, too)... I just leave the phone off once we leave our home port, and turn it on the night before we're due back (to use the alarm for the last morning). If you DO get a signal, it will carry an additional charge.

Your cell will work off of Liberty cell tower. If you turn your cell phone on you will see RCCL Network. Cost is $2.49 per minute. My advice is keep your phone off. If you take your phone off the ship like we did in Cayman and Cozumel then your cell will connect to a cell tower and I am not sure what charges would apply. Should check with your carrier.

We used the wifi it was $55 for an hour. Was great using laptop in cabin.

The pizza was fabulous!!!!!!!

Hi,

If using Verizon, I would avoid calling (if possible), as it is $2.49/min as Janet indicated.

If you're simply trying to keep contact with those at home every once in a while, you might want to just 'Text' them. (Yes, I hate texting people, but it is cheaper!)

Texting is $0.05 to receive, and $0.50 to send. Given ~160 characters, I can usually fit a 'Goodnight, all is going well...[etc]' type of message with just 1 message.

IF you decide you want to call while onboard the ship, make sure you have Verizon turn on 'I-Dial' (International dialing capability). It is free, but turned off on your account by default. If you don't turn it on, your phone may not work.

Just one other note, in case you're wondering... Verizon bills you, not Royal Caribbean... so you won't have to worry about your phone charges showing up on your SeaPass or anything! Just be forewarned that *sometimes* it takes 1 extra billing cycle for the charges to show up.

- Ryan

Linda, I hope you saw my post. We posted at the same time ;)

One additional note... Sorrento's was amazing! My wife and I are addicted. I don't know what they do differently. It just made me hungry again :(

- Ryan

I did see it and thank you for the information. It is just amazing to me that to get answers I come here versus any other site. I said earlier I dont post often ususally just before a cruise, but always CC has been there to guide me.

I still remember my second cruise.. I was flying in the same day as the cruise and was advised here not to do that. Thank goodness because I was in Ohio at that time and all flights were cancelled and I could not get out until the next day. I would have missed the cruise had I not found this site.

I will try and post some updates from the Liberty next week. Very excited to GET OUT THERE!

(ps.. i would have rather had a sea day than coco cay when we are already going to Lababee)

Linda, I hope you saw my post. We posted at the same time ;)

One additional note... Sorrento's was amazing! My wife and I are addicted. I don't know what they do differently. It just made me hungry again :(

- Ryan

Good job Ryan!!

I did see it and thank you for the information. It is just amazing to me that to get answers I come here versus any other site. I said earlier I dont post often ususally just before a cruise, but always CC has been there to guide me.

I still remember my second cruise.. I was flying in the same day as the cruise and was advised here not to do that. Thank goodness because I was in Ohio at that time and all flights were cancelled and I could not get out until the next day. I would have missed the cruise had I not found this site.

I will try and post some updates from the Liberty next week. Very excited to GET OUT THERE!

(ps.. i would have rather had a sea day than coco cay when we are already going to Lababee)

I was surprised about Coco Cay. My guess would have been Key West. Oh well.

Your cell will work off of Liberty cell tower. If you turn your cell phone on you will see RCCL Network. Cost is $2.49 per minute. My advice is keep your phone off. If you take your phone off the ship like we did in Cayman and Cozumel then your cell will connect to a cell tower and I am not sure what charges would apply. Should check with your carrier.

We used the wifi it was $55 for an hour. Was great using laptop in cabin.

The pizza was fabulous!!!!!!!

RE: Internet pricing

Basic price is 55 cents per minute.

You can buy packages of minutes.

$55 will get you 150 minutes. (two and a half hours)

Archived