upgrade fairy strikes

downrunner

I just got an upgrade notice on a June Alaska sailing on the Star princess. I went from a midships balcony on Baja deck to a midships mini-suite on Dolphin deck. This is great as there is three of us. I am happy!

I just got an upgrade notice on a June Alaska sailing on the Star princess. I went from a midships balcony on Baja deck to a midships mini-suite on Dolphin deck. This is great as there is three of us. I am happy!

So you ended up with a mini!

Great!!

Has anyone traveled with Princess who paid for category guarantee and immediately received a cabin assignment? Current category is "waitlisted" -- any chance we may receive an upgrade? We booked cruise with TA in November, paid in full in March for a June 2009 cruise.

If you get an upgrade is it before you get your room assignment. We are waitlisted, but received our confirmation packet already. I didn't know if they might sell the lower priced staterooms closer to sailing and upgrade us and notify us at the doc. Does that happen?

I don't know as we did not book a guarantee. We booked directly through princess for our cabin assignment, got our cabin and then was later upgraded. From reading these boards, I do understand that it sometimes happens as you write about. Keep the hope, you never know.

Us too! We bought cheapest inside (M), then agent moved it to "II" -- still inside but higher in the ship. Then we got an email from Princess for better prices before final payment. My TA had to call and bicker, but instead of dropping our price they let us buy the OV for the same price so they would not lose revenue. That in turn increased our FCC OBC from inside to outside (with a little nudge from our TA). Princess assigned us an OV cabin number. Then a few weeks ago it changed to an outside "F" on the Plaza deck. Today it is a balcony category "BD" on the Baja deck. All for the May 16 Diamond cruise. So an "M" payment for a "BD" cabin. If this keeps up, we could be in the captain's suite and perhaps helming the ship:o

And this from a couple who is absolutely happy with an inside cabin in Alaska.

Yep! We purchased an obstructed OV guarantee room and then got an assigned room before our cruise. Upon check in, much to our surprise, we got a caribe deck balcony room. After doing some checking with the onboard future cruise consultant, she says the upgrades are given out according to your loyalty rank. If you are elite, you get the best upgrades and so on.

Our cruise is in 8 days and we just got upgraded today . . . from a balcony to a mini-suite. I didn't think it was going to happen since we were approaching our departure date. It's a 14 day cruise so we'll have lots of time to enjoy it!

Good luck to all of you!

went from a JJ inside on Caribe (for three passengers) to FF Obstructed oceanview on Emerald (accessible cabin). Was a bit concerned that we would be taking this cabin away from someone who needed it but was assured by Princess that should someone want to book in the next two weeks needing this cabin they would upgrade us yet again! So, here's hoping someone needs this one and we get a balcony out of the deal! anyway am over the moon about getting any upgrade at all, expecially considering there are three of us in the cabin, I assumed we would not have a chance at all!

Archived