Price drop on West Coast Cruises?

Well, as there are no cruises departing for that area I don't think there will be much of a price reduction however if you mean after this all ends, I doubt it.

I tend to disagree. The over-hyped fear being instilled into the public by the media will have a carry-over effect that will dampen demand for cruises to Mexico for a long time.

Price reductions are likely, IMHO

I tend to disagree. The over-hyped fear being instilled into the public by the media will have a carry-over effect that will dampen demand for cruises to Mexico for a long time.

Price reductions are likely, IMHO

That is what I'm also thinking, with in the end the prices going way down.

I would expect more price drop on the west coast sailings, especially as long as they discontinue the Mexican Riviera. The itinerary is much less desirable at this time of year. I had already received $600 in price drops and a $125 C & A coupon for my August 16th sailing. I plan on sticking with it no matter what the itinerary as it is already a pretty cheap trip for me, more price drops (and maybe some incentives from RCI) will just be extra gravy.

Just saw on their website that first sailing to Mexican Riviera will be on September 6...so 16 sailings on the Mariner will be affected.

Where did you see this, I just checked RCI's website and the swine flu statement is the one from yesterday. Also if you go to bookings the early cruise itineraries reflect the new itineraries but July and August still show MR. By the middle of summer this thing will either be everywhere or nowhere.

The price for the new itinerary went up. The ports are much much better along the west coast and the spring weather is lovely. Victoria will be much nicer then any port in Mexico.

:confused::confused:

Not if you wanted to go to Mexico.

This is pure speculation, but if passengers start cancelling their Mariner cruises because they do not wish to go "up the west coast", RCCL may have to reduce the sailings - closer to the sail dates - in order to fill the ships. :rolleyes:

IMO - I think a west coast cruise on the Mariner would be fun. I love San Fransisco and Seattle.:) Victoria is so, so, but very pretty if you have never been there. We did a land trip several years ago. However, I can understand how those that want warmer weather, and that have never been to those Mexican ports, would be disappointed in the new itinerary. :( We have done the Mexican Riviera, and would do it again.

Was just looking out of curiosity - knowing many will cancel due to the change (IMHO - SF/Seattle/BC is the same thing as 7 days at sea - being from California), I'm surprised prices aren't dropping to fill the boats????

Or maybe it's too early. I know we would consider it just for the 7 days sail - but not at $1000/balcony...

I'd guess these sails will have fairly empty ships...

Was just looking out of curiosity - knowing many will cancel due to the change (IMHO - SF/Seattle/BC is the same thing as 7 days at sea - being from California), I'm surprised prices aren't dropping to fill the boats????

Or maybe it's too early. I know we would consider it just for the 7 days sail - but not at $1000/balcony...

I'd guess these sails will have fairly empty ships...

I think it's a little early to start seeing any price adjustments, they'll need to evaluate how much space they are going to have to fill on those sailings and it's really too early to tell...

I am keeping my eyes open as well...

Just saw on their website that first sailing to Mexican Riviera will be on September 6...so 16 sailings on the Mariner will be affected.

There is a glitch in their search feature... the only Mariner itineraries that have been changes at this point in time are those through June 14...

The price for the new itinerary went up. The ports are much much better along the west coast and the spring weather is lovely. Victoria will be much nicer then any port in Mexico.

That's kinda funny - Mexico - and great 80 degree weather vs 50-60 degree weather, a cold ship, choppy seas, a *much* higher chance at weather (rain) and basic ports that probably carry little interest to the Mexico cruiser... Victoria may be nice - but 60 degrees in Canada vs 80 in Puerto Vallarta - that's a BIG difference... Seems with that weather most will be stuck inside the ship...

I'm scheduled to sail Mariner of the Seas on 5/3 and paid a whole lot more for an inside room than what balconies are going for now. I called RC about compensation and received OBC of $250 per stateroom and $250 per stateroom for a future cruise. When I asked to be changed from my current inside room to an outside balcony room at the lower rate, I was told I would have to cancel my current reservation (with no penalties) to get the better rate and I would loose my OBC and future cruise credit. :mad: I've learned a lesson, wait until the last minute to book a cruise and don't cruise on RC again.

Wow, if you live in NY, the interior residency rate is $369pp. The Junior Suite is $719pp for two, and only $897 to go SOLO. Yowza! I wish I could cruise next week!!! :( Aauuggghhhhhh

I was just looking at that... The next week (May 10) is priced pretty good as well... $449 Inside/$499 OV/$599 Bal/$799 JS

Unfortunately, I'll be in Vegas next week and on Radiance May 11, so neither of those weeks works for me. If the May 31 prices look as good, we'll probably jump on it.

Ellen, I have friends on that 5/31 sailing and if the prices drop I might be able to afford to go solo. John isn't interested in this one.

I'm waiting for the Tuesday sales event next week to see what's up.

Carol H.

Archived