Price drop on West Coast Cruises?

Ellen, I have friends on that 5/31 sailing and if the prices drop I might be able to afford to go solo. John isn't interested in this one.

I'm waiting for the Tuesday sales event next week to see what's up.

Carol H.

That would be great, Carol... We could visit some of those areas we've been to together before... :D

I'll be keeping an eye on pricing and I've got your email, so I'll let you know if I see them go way down...

Wow, if you live in NY, the interior residency rate is $369pp. The Junior Suite is $719pp for two, and only $897 to go SOLO. Yowza! I wish I could cruise next week!!! :( Aauuggghhhhhh

I know! Those are the IL residency rates too! Balcony for $599! :eek:

I'm scheduled to sail Mariner of the Seas on 5/3 and paid a whole lot more for an inside room than what balconies are going for now. I called RC about compensation and received OBC of $250 per stateroom and $250 per stateroom for a future cruise. When I asked to be changed from my current inside room to an outside balcony room at the lower rate, I was told I would have to cancel my current reservation (with no penalties) to get the better rate and I would loose my OBC and future cruise credit. :mad: I've learned a lesson, wait until the last minute to book a cruise and don't cruise on RC again.

You should be able to change without a problem, call again, if they price dropped you are eligible if you booked in the US. sorry but what you are posting is completely false.

My DH and I would love this cruise, we have never been to the west coast and would enjoy seeing these ports. I checked the prices and thought they were rather high for 1-2 pass right now, although our son could go as 3rd pass for only $250. Plenty of good cabins already available on the couple of dates I looked at. I will keep checking and if the prices go down I will be getting out my old next cruise number and booking!

Bev

I was just looking at that... The next week (May 10) is priced pretty good as well... $449 Inside/$499 OV/$599 Bal/$799 JS

Unfortunately, I'll be in Vegas next week and on Radiance May 11, so neither of those weeks works for me. If the May 31 prices look as good, we'll probably jump on it.

Ellen, I have friends on that 5/31 sailing and if the prices drop I might be able to afford to go solo. John isn't interested in this one.

I'm waiting for the Tuesday sales event next week to see what's up.

Carol H.

If either or both of you end up taking a cruise up here on the Mariner, let me know. I can see about meeting up with you. The only problem would be that 5/31 sailing. I will be on the Serenade to Alaska that week.

If either or both of you end up taking a cruise up here on the Mariner, let me know. I can see about meeting up with you. The only problem would be that 5/31 sailing. I will be on the Serenade to Alaska that week.

Along with Carol apparently... :) It's too bad you're busy that week... we could plan a Pacific Coastal reunion cruise... :D

I just looked at the RC website.

For the May 3 sailing, there is a residency discount of HALF PRICE on all cabins from an interior guarantee up to and including a Junior Suite.

I wish I could get off, I would be on it in a minute.

You should be able to change without a problem, call again, if they price dropped you are eligible if you booked in the US. sorry but what you are posting is completely false.

I thought I should be able to change without a problem too. I called RC 3 times, plus my TA and was told no by all of them. I'm really frustrated and I'm sure there are others who are in the same situation and are just as frustrated as me. Now I see the price for my same category is $300 off what I paid. I'm thinking about canceling and the rebooking and loosing my OBC and future cruise credit. I have to sit down and do the math, plus I'm not thrilled to sail with RC in the future.

On a similar note, I wonder if you could get the price difference if you stay in the same cabin type (E1)? That would be awesome if allowed...essentially it would be about $400pp with all the OBC and discounts!

Well I checked last night and there were fantastic rates for May 3 and May 10 sailings, around 50% off the other dates. Will keep watching...

Also none of the online TA's I checked had any of the updated info, still show Mariner going to Mexico.

Bev

Guest nhrich
[quote name='Sue L']You should be able to change without a problem, call again, if they price dropped you are eligible if you booked in the US. sorry but what you are posting is completely false.[/QUOTE]

The rate that was referred to is for new bookings only, similar to the Tuesday Sales Event. It is not eligible for existing bookings. A quick look at Cruising Power would show that.

Rich, ACC
Carefree Vacations

[quote name='Sue L']You should be able to change without a problem, call again, if they price dropped you are eligible if you booked in the US. sorry but what you are posting is completely false.[/quote]
Actually, the poster is correct. I just got off the phone with RCCL and they told me the same thing. This promotion is for new bookings only, and they WILL NOT honor price drops on previous bookings. First time I have heard of that!

[quote name='robntawn']Actually, the poster is correct. I just got off the phone with RCCL and they told me the same thing. This promotion is for new bookings only, and they WILL NOT honor price drops on previous bookings. First time I have heard of that![/quote]

That stinks. I'm going to keep an eye on our June 7 sailing to see if the price goes down to refill the ship. Maybe we could get a price drop. Right now it's about the same as before. We did get to change cabins (same category) without penalty or increased cost.

Wow, I wish I could drop everyting and sail Mariner next week! Could get a JS, single supplement, for $959! $1600 less than the norm. I would love the West Coast itinerary. But then I again, I live in Ohio, not the Northwest. I certainly feel for those affected by the itinerary change.

Archived