Solstice TA's For 2010 have disappeared

dmk

I was just on the X website and could not find the Oct. 31, 2010 TA that I had booked. I also checked April 2010 to see if the TA was listed there. No:confused:

Do you think it is because they are getting the sight ready for tomorrows new Caribbean cruise listings. Any other reason?

I was just on the X website and could not find the Oct. 31, 2010 TA that I had booked. I also checked April 2010 to see if the TA was listed there. No:confused:

Do you think it is because they are getting the sight ready for tomorrows new Caribbean cruise listings. Any other reason?

If it has been canceled in both directions I think there is a good possibility that Celebrity may have decided to keep Solstice in North America over the summer instead of in Europe. In the past they were able to get much higher per diems in Europe but between increased competition in that part of the world and the weak US economy that is no longer the case. RCCL has two ships in the Caribbean for the summer of 2010 with very high per diem rates and Carnival's best ships do as well.

The April 19, 2010 for Equinox is gone as well that we're booked on; hopefully just loading the Caribbeans on for tomorrow....:confused:

My wife and I and some friends from Oz are also booked on this t/a. I just spoke to Celeb's UK office and was informed that on the agent,s system this trip has a red alert on it, which means she says, that it is probably fully booked. What! A year in advance? What do you think?:confused:

Maybe we do see you on the Eclipse in the end ? ;-) Please say "Hi" to Mike. Hope you´re doing fine. Worst case scenario just hop on "our" ship. We would like to see you again.

Cheers

Michael

I think it is just a glitch in Celebrity's website. My Med cruise for 9/28/09 is showing no cabins available. If I check the cruise on some of the large online agencies it is showing there with cabins listed. Maybe you should try some of the other sites to see if the ones you are looking at are showing there as well.

I also use Cruise Shark (created by CC member Sabbo to check your rates) and it shows my cruise as no cabins found in that class.

If it has been canceled in both directions I think there is a good possibility that Celebrity may have decided to keep Solstice in North America over the summer instead of in Europe. In the past they were able to get much higher per diems in Europe but between increased competition in that part of the world and the weak US economy that is no longer the case. RCCL has two ships in the Caribbean for the summer of 2010 with very high per diem rates and Carnival's best ships do as well.

Hi Bridge Maven !

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I noticed that Princess also pulled another ship (Emerald Princess) out of Europe for Summer 2010, and has opted to have her sail Year Round Caribbean from Ft Lauderdale.

One would think Celebrity may be doing the same. As I have been saying for many months here on Cruise Critic, close to home sailings are going to be in greater demand for the next year or two. Hopefully, we will have our answers today. Stay tuned !

My wife and I and some friends from Oz are also booked on this t/a. I just spoke to Celeb's UK office and was informed that on the agent,s system this trip has a red alert on it, which means she says, that it is probably fully booked. What! A year in advance? What do you think?:confused:

When I spoke to our Celebrity Custome Service here, he said that it probably just means they are doing some "inventory control", ie: just adding in all of the Cariibean itineraries, etc., and since they back up to these, it code-reds these as well. It's hard to imagine that three transatlantic sailing ALL got chartered or compltely full on the same day. Also, he said that to suddenly pull two ships of Equinox and Solstice's size off of the Med/European itinieraries at this date would be a logistical nightmare. So, fingers crossed that we find out the truth behind the rumors soon!!!:D

Hi Bridge Maven !

. I noticed that Princess also pulled another ship (Emerald Princess) out of Europe for Summer 2010, and has opted to have her sail Year Round Caribbean from Ft Lauderdale.

Princess never had Emerald scheduled for Europe 2010.

It would make me wonder because we are on cruise in less than 3 weeks in the med and our cruise has not seen a single price reduction since the day bookings opened last year and the ship is practically full!! Now bear in mind they will have the OASIS in the Carribb too (OK RCCL but ineffect the same company) so just how many extra beds do you think they will be able to sell in the Caribb year round?

It just wouldn't make too much $$$ sence to be honest. Unless of course they are expecting the Eclipse early for some reason.

Princess never had Emerald scheduled for Europe 2010.

Hi Cruise Junky !

I worded it incorrectly, as Emerald is sailing Europe in 2009. I should have said Emerald is not returning to Europe.... but I am correct in saying that Emerald will be sailing the Caribbean from Ft Lauderdale in the Summer of 2010.

Sun 31 Oct 2010 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 4:30 PM

Mon 01 Nov 2010 At Sea

Tue 02 Nov 2010 San Juan, Puerto Rico 2:00 PM 10:00 PM

Wed 03 Nov 2010 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Thu 04 Nov 2010 Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Fri 05 Nov 2010 At Sea

Sat 06 Nov 2010 At Sea

Sun 07 Nov 2010 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 7:00 AM

CLEMM I have seen what you mean...... boy I think they really screwed up on this one because the cruise heading to the Holy Land on the 18th of Oct. is still there but they also have one there starting in FLL on exactly the same day this one ends in Rome.

Your cruise is still in the system and they still seem to be taking bookings for it... I just tried a dummy on the agency site and there was no warning for it. Hmmmm I wonder how they will solve that one.

The tip remains the same - don't do anything about your insurance until there is some definate infomation out of X.

Maybe we do see you on the Eclipse in the end ? ;-) Please say "Hi" to Mike. Hope you´re doing fine. Worst case scenario just hop on "our" ship. We would like to see you again.

Cheers

Michael

Well, you never know. But I really want to do a TA that stops in Rome. Keep well. Mike sends his best.:)

Now all of Solstice Europe 2010 has disappeared. Not happy. Not happy at all.

Hi Clemm !

Question : Did you book through a Travel Agent or Celebrity ? If you booked through Celebrity, they should be contacting you as soon as decisions are made. If you booked through a travel agent, they will be advised if there are going to be any changes.

You keep saying you arent happy. I certainly understand that, but your Cruise is well over a year away, and if changes are about to be made, details are not known yet. Before you go getting yourself upset, you should really try to take a deep breath, and wait for the details.

As for your insurance concerns, I highly doubt you are out the insurance money. Every insurance company has different refund policies, but you should be able to move the insurance to a different sailing, if it turns out to be necessary.

I've seen situations like this before, and in most cases, they work out well. I hope it will for you. Good Luck !

I booked through a TA and she was told by Celebrity that my cruise is sold out, which is frankly more annoying then simply saying they don't know. How could all of Europe on the Solstice be sold out over a year in advance? I am more unhappy by the lack of info then anything else. Yeah, I can hopefully get an insurance credit, although I am not certain. I just wish that once a decision was made we could be notified right away. I don't crusie as often as some so perhaps this is a bigger deal to me than it would be to others.

Archived