Splendor offer FROM CARNIVAL for may 3 cruise....

hommebronze

OK, my question is how is this ship going to get from Long Beach all the way north to Victoria, down to Seattle, back out to the Pacific and all the way back to Long Beach in only 7 days?

I could understand the repo itineraries, but round trip? And yes, the water will be rougher, the weather could go either way. They are going to really have to cruise at top speed!

(I live 2 hours from Seattle and have boated all around Puget Sound).

I don't want anyone to think that I think Carnival's offer isn't fair...I would probably not take this cruise IF I was booked on it b/c I would have been in the mindset for a warm weather cruise. I would probably just stay in LA for the week and go to Disneyland and enjoy things there and wait to take the Mexican riveria cruise later with the credit.

I would consider booking this cruise though if I had the funds and time off work.

I also like the idea of taking the credit for later and paying to go on the vruise at the lower rate. Not sure if you can do that.

I have to agree. I'm speculating that the future cruise credit would far exceed the current booking prices. I'd move it to another warm cruise and then book my "old" room or upgrade under the current prices. I don't see how they could tell you no. Once you are out of the system and monies are moved I'd assume that you'd then become a new PAX to the computer system.

OK, my question is how is this ship going to get from Long Beach all the way north to Victoria, down to Seattle, back out to the Pacific and all the way back to Long Beach in only 7 days?

I could understand the repo itineraries, but round trip? And yes, the water will be rougher, the weather could go either way. They are going to really have to cruise at top speed!

I would guess [operative word] that it does essentially the same distance or less by going down the coast of Mexico to Puerto Vallarta and back. :confused:

Not sure about nautical miles traveled but air miles from Long Beach to Victoria is 1,047 and from Long Beach to Puerto Vallarta is 1,206 so it looks like this itinerary is actually a little shorter.

Quick question....If I paid $1000 per person for the cruise....and decided to take the Carnival offer of a cruise credit.......could I use it for 2 $500 cruises? Or is it just for a cruise? Same number of days I would imagine.

You WILL be able to use the balcony! I have been on two Alaskan cruises and we loved having the balcony!

I think you will have a wonderful time tulsacubfan.. I love your attitude! ellen

Thanks! We had decided even if it was a 7 day cruise to nowhere we would still have fun. We will be on vacation, on a ship, and together - what more can you ask for.

Quick question....If I paid $1000 per person for the cruise....and decided to take the Carnival offer of a cruise credit.......could I use it for 2 $500 cruises? Or is it just for a cruise? Same number of days I would imagine.

Call and ask......

I agree with Cape. I could not find the word "Voluntary" anywhere on carnivals ticket contract or any published policy. If you can show me where with text and the appropriate links, i will concede. I think whom every is stating this is spreading more misinformation and is misleading people. I dont think Carnival per their contract and policies owe any passenger anything other than the $20 missed port for those already undersail. Anything above the $20 is awful nice of Carnival. I also think that carnival owes people 100% refund if the published itinerary changes prior to sailings as long as you request the refund within 24hrs of notification. If some one is willing to take the future cruise credit, awesome. But if some one wants their money back, Carnival needs to honor their own policy and issue the refunds. This is just Carnival trying to keep as much money as they can. Yes it doesnt say 100% refund in their policy, but if you cancel something general wouldn't you think you are getting your money back??? If you cancelled your cable service, and you had a credit with them would you expect the difference back or except a voucher from the cable company saying you can use this later if you come back to us??? I would think 99% of us would expect a refund from something we cancel if its in the contract we can cancel if certain critreia is met.

I was just saying the same thing. We starting tanning at the beginning of March and now we both are nicely tanned.... now it looks like we still went to Mexico. At least we won't be pasty white when we board the ship LOL

Stefani

Us too - well, me too! I am definitely pasty white without the tanning bed!

Amazing, isn't it? If I were booked on this one, I'd move my current booking funds to a future sailing & then go book this right afterward at the $299 balcony rate! (There was even a 9A for $299 a bit ago!)

Unfortunately, somebody tried this and they weren't allowed to do it.

We are on the May 3rd Splendor to the great Northwest. I just hung up with Carnival. They (the agents) don't know the days/times for the ports yet. So, it remains the Magical Mystery Tour.

There is a $75 OBC per person (but you already knew that). The shore excursions will be available on board only - too late to book on line.

If you had shore excursions booked they are crediting to your S&S account rather than your credit card. Their reasoning is it would take 7 to 10 days to get to the credit card and this way you can have to spend now. I didn't think to ask - does anybody know what happens if you have a credit on your S&S at the end of the cruise? I know that sounds odd, but... we booked shore excursions in all three ports in Mexico. Since we have been to SF and Seattle (actually have children in Seattle so excited about getting to see them), we will probably do our own thing rather than ship shore excursions. So there is a possibility of having credit. Will it be credited back to our credit card?

Yes we were looking forward to warmth. Yes we were looking forward to the ocean. Yes we were looking forward to sand. Yes we were looking forward to snorkeling. Yes we were looking forward to hiking in the Sierra Madres. But, we now get to see Victoria which we have never seen. We get to see our kids in Seattle. We get to ride a bicylce across the Golden Gate Bridge. We have a better chance of seeing whales. There is no language barrier. There is no currency conversion.

The best, however, is... we were booked in a 4E inside cabin. We are now in an 8G extended balcony cabin - at no additional charge :D

Great Attitude! And congratulations on the upgrade. To those who have a good attitude in life, good things do come!

Pat

Call and ask......

That was uncalled for....It was just a simple question that many of the posters here probably are wondering as well...and Carnival is busy with other thing right now and I would not bother them with a speculative question.

Ok so the next post will be....How do I know that other people are wondering about this?........

I was booked on the Splendor for May 3rd. Cancelled it last night and will dedide on another cruise soon. This new itinerary just isn't what I signed up for. It's the complete opposite. For me, it's not just about being on any ship or being on vacation and away from home. We all book cruises for different reasons. I am very happy with getting a credit for a different cruise. I hope the people that get my aft wrap balcony enjoy it!

I was booked on the Splendor for May 3rd. Cancelled it last night and will dedide on another cruise soon. This new itinerary just isn't what I signed up for. It's the complete opposite. For me, it's not just about being on any ship or being on vacation and away from home. We all book cruises for different reasons. I am very happy with getting a credit for a different cruise. I hope the people that get my aft wrap balcony enjoy it!

If we had had the option of rescheduling, we probably would have as well. But schedules just wouldn't allow it until at least September and we didn't want to wait that long for a vacation. So, we are making the best of what we have been dealt! Enjoy your cruise wherever and whenever you end up :)

That was uncalled for....It was just a simple question that many of the posters here probably are wondering as well...and Carnival is busy with other thing right now and I would not bother them with a speculative question.

Ok so the next post will be....How do I know that other people are wondering about this?........

Simple answer;)

Put me in the small minority that would be ecstatic with the northwest coast/Canada itinerary.:D I think when I'm sailing (July), that route would be a wonderful respite from the Houston heat.

I didn't pick the itinerary, my mom did, but I wouldn't be upset in the least if I found they had to run that route for a few months. That said, I can understand how people who live in that part of the country and want to escape to sunny beaches would be disappointed and choose to cancel the cruise.

I'm right here in L.A. and am devastated I can't just drop everything and take this ($700 bucks to sail solo in a balcony cabin is unheard of, let alone on a new ship!). Unfortunately, it takes longer than that to make arrangements to miss work and have my dogs cared for...

Interesting notes about the cancellation policy. We were booked for May 3, and had we known we were entitled to a refund, we may have gone that route. Having that said, it would be hard to book a similar vacation at the price we've paid. So we have rebooked to Nov. 1 and now have a credit of $120 on board due to the cheaper fare. Just shy of the $75 pp they're offering. A little bit of a wait, but a good idea for those who have flexibility and still want the warm weather.

Interesting notes about the cancellation policy. We were booked for May 3, and had we known we were entitled to a refund, we may have gone that route. Having that said, it would be hard to book a similar vacation at the price we've paid. So we have rebooked to Nov. 1 and now have a credit of $120 on board due to the cheaper fare. Just shy of the $75 pp they're offering. A little bit of a wait, but a good idea for those who have flexibility and still want the warm weather.

I got my answer, thanks

Archived