Splendor offer FROM CARNIVAL for may 3 cruise....

hommebronze

If the cruise is setting sail on May 3rd then they WILL know what ports they will probably be going to... Also,, wrapping all up in a blanket on the balcony is fun..

I was on a cruise during 9-11 and I NEVER blamed Carnival for anything.. It sure wasn't their fault! They do the best they can under the circumstances..

I may be in the minority but while I'd like to see Carnival keep visiting the Mexican ports (when the flu crisis has subsided), I wish they'd also keep this new itinerary. My girlfriend and I love cruising for cruising sake and the ports are secondary. We'd LOVE to cruise to San Francisco, Seattle and Victoria. And we live in Sacramento and have been to SF countless times. It would still be a great cruise. Sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge, going to Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, the zoo, riding the cable cars, having excellent sourdough bread, clam chowder etc...

I may be in the minority but while I'd like to see Carnival keep visiting the Mexican ports (when the flu crisis has subsided), I wish they'd also keep this new itinerary. My girlfriend and I love cruising for cruising sake and the ports are secondary. We'd LOVE to cruise to San Francisco, Seattle and Victoria. And we live in Sacramento and have been to SF countless times. It would still be a great cruise. Sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge, going to Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, the zoo, riding the cable cars, having excellent sourdough bread, clam chowder etc...

They have this itinerary as a repo cruise with Princess and a few other lines every year........I believe it is in May and Oct. Prices are really really cheap.....

Personally I can't see why people are up in arms about stuff like this. Carnival is either offering people an extra $75 to take the trip as it is, or they can take the credit for the amount they paid for the cruise, and do any other cruise you would like. Seems fair to me! As I've said before.. Any cruise is better than a day at work :)

I agree too... they are giving new ports and $75 or what you paid towards another (hopefully swine free) date. To me that is fair as well. I would hate to go to SF cause I live close by, but I hear Victoria is beautiful!

of course I'm only on a 4 day so I just get day at sea. LOL. I'm ok with that though

I'd also like to see this cruise more regularly. I think these are great cities to visit. Sure wish I could get away RIGHT NOW, I'll bet there will be great pricing for this cruise as the virus runs its course and non-sun-country paxs elect to reschedule. :D

They have this itinerary as a repo cruise with Princess and a few other lines every year........I believe it is in May and Oct. Prices are really really cheap.....

Thanks, Kurbanfan. I didn't know this. Will look into it. The first cruise my then wife and I took was a repo cruise from LA to Vancouver. Horrible cruise on a worn out French ship . . . band was arrested in LA (drugs) so no band . . . ship broke down at sea . . . didn't pay the ferries for the buses (part of the cruise) . . . but the the FOOD WAS TO DIE FOR. :D

Their passenger ticket contract refers to VOLUNTARY itinerary changes... This is not voluntary.

I have read this same mis-information from you posted on a few threads. Perhaps I have not been keeping current on this issue' date=' but could you please post a link that confirms your rather suspect/misleading statement. I have yet to see any travel related information (print, news, internet, etc.) beyond [u']recommendations[/u] (travel and otherwise) from CDC or any other sources. That would indicate that Carnival has VOLUNTARILY made the decision to eliminate Mexican ports of call (Kudos to Carnival for being concerned about their passengers well being). Therefore, the existing 24 hr cancellation policy would certainly apply and all passengers should have the option of a full refund without penalty. However, I also can't seem to find any reference to voluntary vs. involuntary itinerary changes in any of my cruise documents. Again, I may be missing it, so please help me be a better informed cruiser. Carnival is offering very attractive choices to avoid as many full refunds as possible, but that does not alter the fact that full refunds absolutly within the rights of the passengers. Just my $.02

We had this happen when our catamaran tour was canceled in Cozumel due to rough seas. If you end up with a credit then they'll send you a check along with your final sail and sign bill.

And if you do happen to get a check with your final S&S bill you can take it to the pursars and cash it before leaving the ship.

Their passenger ticket contract refers to VOLUNTARY itinerary changes... This is not voluntary.

I have read this same mis-information from you posted on a few threads. Perhaps I have not been keeping current on this issue' date=' but could you please post a link that confirms your rather suspect/misleading statement. I have yet to see any travel related information (print, news, internet, etc.) beyond [u']recommendations[/u] (travel and otherwise) from CDC or any other sources. That would indicate that Carnival has VOLUNTARILY made the decision to eliminate Mexican ports of call (Kudos to Carnival for being concerned about their passengers well being). Therefore, the existing 24 hr cancellation policy would certainly apply and all passengers should have the option of a full refund without penalty. However, I also can't seem to find any reference to voluntary vs. involuntary itinerary changes in any of my cruise documents. Again, I may be missing it, so please help me be a better informed cruiser. Carnival is offering very attractive choices to avoid as many full refunds as possible, but that does not alter the fact that full refunds absolutly within the rights of the passengers. Just my $.02

"

Port Cancellation Policy

If Carnival Cruise Lines ("Carnival") has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary, it will promptly -- upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct booking ("the Notice"). The Notice shall offer guests an opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty within 24 hours of the delivery of the Notice. Carnival shall not be liable to guests for any charges, fees or expenses paid or owed to third parties (such as air travel booked by a guest directly with an airline) in connection with a cancelled booking or substituted port. In the event a guest does not cancel his or her cruise on a timely basis, no additional compensation for the itinerary change will be offered to the guest at a later time."

Not sure what "adequate notice" is defined as but it appears that this Flu thing has not given Carnival "adequate notice ".

A bunch of peeps must have cancelled because there are beaucoup rooms available on this sailing, and the price is down to 399IS, 449OV, and 499BL.

If it drops another hundred bux, I'd love to jump on and visit those ports!:)

"

Port Cancellation Policy

If Carnival Cruise Lines ("Carnival") has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary, it will promptly -- upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct booking ("the Notice"). The Notice shall offer guests an opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty within 24 hours of the delivery of the Notice. Carnival shall not be liable to guests for any charges, fees or expenses paid or owed to third parties (such as air travel booked by a guest directly with an airline) in connection with a cancelled booking or substituted port. In the event a guest does not cancel his or her cruise on a timely basis, no additional compensation for the itinerary change will be offered to the guest at a later time."

Not sure what "adequate notice" is defined as but it appears that this Flu thing has not given Carnival "adequate notice ".

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that references Carnival's ability to provide "adequate notice" to passengers. For example, if the change is known before sailing (say 2 days), then notice would be sent and the opportunity to cancel made available or if the change is known before boarding, the passengers would have the option to cancel for a full refund. If the change occurs after sail away then I think the $20/replacement port policy or "Carnival's Vacation Guarantee" program are the only options. This particular situation does make it extremely difficult to determine exactly what applies.

DH and I were talking about that last night. We started tanning 3 weeks ago. Could have saved all of that time! But, we will be nice and tan - people will think we have been to Mexico or something :)

I was just saying the same thing. We starting tanning at the beginning of March and now we both are nicely tanned.... now it looks like we still went to Mexico. At least we won't be pasty white when we board the ship LOL

Stefani

We are on the May 3rd Splendor to the great Northwest. I just hung up with Carnival. They (the agents) don't know the days/times for the ports yet. So, it remains the Magical Mystery Tour.

There is a $75 OBC per person (but you already knew that). The shore excursions will be available on board only - too late to book on line.

If you had shore excursions booked they are crediting to your S&S account rather than your credit card. Their reasoning is it would take 7 to 10 days to get to the credit card and this way you can have to spend now. I didn't think to ask - does anybody know what happens if you have a credit on your S&S at the end of the cruise? I know that sounds odd, but... we booked shore excursions in all three ports in Mexico. Since we have been to SF and Seattle (actually have children in Seattle so excited about getting to see them), we will probably do our own thing rather than ship shore excursions. So there is a possibility of having credit. Will it be credited back to our credit card?

Yes we were looking forward to warmth. Yes we were looking forward to the ocean. Yes we were looking forward to sand. Yes we were looking forward to snorkeling. Yes we were looking forward to hiking in the Sierra Madres. But, we now get to see Victoria which we have never seen. We get to see our kids in Seattle. We get to ride a bicylce across the Golden Gate Bridge. We have a better chance of seeing whales. There is no language barrier. There is no currency conversion.

The best, however, is... we were booked in a 4E inside cabin. We are now in an 8G extended balcony cabin - at no additional charge :D

I think you've made a heck of a glass of lemonade from those lemons.

Have a great cruise! (can't believe I said that to a Cubs fan)

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that references Carnival's ability to provide "adequate notice" to passengers. For example, if the change is known before sailing (say 2 days), then notice would be sent and the opportunity to cancel made available or if the change is known before boarding, the passengers would have the option to cancel for a full refund. If the change occurs after sail away then I think the $20/replacement port policy or "Carnival's Vacation Guarantee" program are the only options. This particular situation does make it extremely difficult to determine exactly what applies.

Here is the entire port cancellation policy from Carnival:

Port Cancellation Policy

If Carnival Cruise Lines ("Carnival") has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary, it will promptly -- upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct booking ("the Notice"). The Notice shall offer guests an opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty within 24 hours of the delivery of the Notice. Carnival shall not be liable to guests for any charges, fees or expenses paid or owed to third parties (such as air travel booked by a guest directly with an airline) in connection with a cancelled booking or substituted port. In the event a guest does not cancel his or her cruise on a timely basis, no additional compensation for the itinerary change will be offered to the guest at a later time.

In the event the itinerary change becomes necessary while the ship is at sea or when notice prior to sailing is not feasible, Carnival shall attempt to substitute an alternative port. Carnival shall promptly provide written notice of the itinerary change to the guests as well as announcing the change in the Carnival Capers and via the public address system. No compensation shall be provided to guests when an alternative port is offered.

If safety, scheduling or other concerns prevent the ship from calling on an alternative port, Carnival shall promptly provide written notice of the elimination of the scheduled port to the guests as well as announcing the change in the Carnival Capers and via the public address system. The written notice shall also offer a shipboard credit of $20.00 (U.S.D.) per person to be reflected on the sail and sign account.

Nothing herein shall affect the guest's ability to exercise the Vacation Guarantee on sailings where it applies.

I am married to an attorney - anyone on this itinerary who wants a refund is entitled to one. They can say they aren't giving refunds all they want - but they legally have to.

I just got off Splendor a few weeks ago, and I totally think Carnival's offer is fair. However, if I was given this choice, I would re-book on another ship rather than take the northern route. But it isn't because I don't like the ports-I love S.F. and have never been to Seattle.

However, after several Mexican cruises, I KNOW that for some reason, the water going north is way rougher than the water going south, so I'm wondering how much of a bumpy ride they are in for on this route. ANd how cold and how windy?

But the ports sound great-I just like a smooth cruise to a sunny spot-I'd probably re-book for this summer to the Caribbean and get hurricane prices (and insurance).

Swine flu issue aside, Carnival has made a major commitment to the west coast in adding the Splendor. Who knows, maybe they will offer something like this in future.

The Port Cancellation Policy, does not mention refunds, just the ability to cancell without penelty. When I first read the policy I thought cash refund also. A credit for future cruises is a refund of 100%, just a refund with a few strings attached.

A bunch of peeps must have cancelled because there are beaucoup rooms available on this sailing, and the price is down to 399IS, 449OV, and 499BL.

Myself included . . . oh what a time to be so short of FREE time. :mad:

Here is the entire port cancellation policy from Carnival:

I am married to an attorney - anyone on this itinerary who wants a refund is entitled to one. They can say they aren't giving refunds all they want - but they legally have to.

Cape,

Thanks for the clarification. I thought that was the case, but not being a lawyer, it is a little hard to follow.

Wow! Just checked Carnival's site. 8G or even 8S or 8P (Spa Balcony's) for California residents on the May 3rd sailing of Splendor can be had for $299.

That adds up to just $706 with all the taxes for 2 people.

$469 for the May 10 sailing.

Wow! Just checked Carnival's site. 8G or even 8S or 8P (Spa Balcony's) for California residents on the May 3rd sailing of Splendor can be had for $299.

Amazing, isn't it? If I were booked on this one, I'd move my current booking funds to a future sailing & then go book this right afterward at the $299 balcony rate! (There was even a 9A for $299 a bit ago!)

And how much obc are they giving the people that are staying with this cruise:confused::p

If you are military or airline it's is $199 for a balcony. That was as of the email I got last night. It's a deal if you are close to the port and can take advantage.:)

Finally, a thread with some common sense people! We’re on the May 10th sailing of the Splendor, and like so many others are in a holding pattern. We’ve started looking at the new ports for activities and such, and will modify our packing a little bit. We’d love to be going somewhere a little warmer, but come August in Indiana we’ll be looking for someplace cooler!

We agree that this isn’t what we had in mind, but are also hoping that things don’t get worst in the near future. Instead of wishing we were cruising the Mexican Rivera, we could be wishing that we could just leave home. Under the circumstances, it seems that Carnival is doing all that they can to at least offer some form of a trip.

If the itinerary up to the northwest continues, we are talking about skipping the tanning booth and being water proofed instead.

Good to see some more Hoosiers on here ;) If all else fails you can join us on the next S&S cruise in October :D

I don't want anyone to think that I think Carnival's offer isn't fair...I would probably not take this cruise IF I was booked on it b/c I would have been in the mindset for a warm weather cruise. I would probably just stay in LA for the week and go to Disneyland and enjoy things there and wait to take the Mexican riveria cruise later with the credit.

I would consider booking this cruise though if I had the funds and time off work.

I also like the idea of taking the credit for later and paying to go on the vruise at the lower rate. Not sure if you can do that.

Archived