Question about suites on Ecstasy

retnuh281

Currently booked on the Ecstasy in August, so it's before the refurb.

Has anyone booked a suite and was it worth the extra money? Are there any other benefits for booking a suite? Currently have an inside booked and there is 4 of us. The suite is almost double for the 4 of us but if it's worth it I'm going to bite the bullet.

Thanks,

John

Just got back from a fantastic cruise last week. We were in a penthouse suite. The only "perk" is priority embarkation. Sadly, priority debarkation wasn't included! (I hate Galveston debarkations, always takes forever)

However, the suite is really, really, really nice. It's HUGE. Walk in closet, lots and lots of drawer and counter space and a comfy couch to sleep on with a curtain between the bed and couch for some added privacy. The balcony is very nice, too. The tub is really, really narrow so it's not much of a perk in my eyes but the bathroom is nice.

Four people would definitely be more comfy in the suite just don't expect a bunch of extra perks.

Is it a Cat 11 or Cat 12 suite?

If it's a cat 11, I'd say no. They're pretty much like the standard balcony cabins on the Conquest class ships.

The Cat 12, on the other hand, are wonderful! Quite large with a very big balcony.

I had a Cat 12 on the Inspiration both pre and post dry dock. I like the way the cabin is post dry dock better than pre but they're both great!!

:)

I didn't know there was a difference between Cat 11 and 12. The one I was looking at is Cat 11. I was going to call Carnival but with all the hysteria I thought i'd wait and let people with real booking problems have the phone lines. Thats why I turned to CC first. Thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna do it if they have a CAT 12 available.

Is it a Cat 11 or Cat 12 suite?

If it's a cat 11, I'd say no. They're pretty much like the standard balcony cabins on the Conquest class ships.

The Cat 12, on the other hand, are wonderful! Quite large with a very big balcony.

I had a Cat 12 on the Inspiration both pre and post dry dock. I like the way the cabin is post dry dock better than pre but they're both great!!

Mach, I was in a Cat 12 before the dry dock. Can you tell me what they changed?

Mach, I was in a Cat 12 before the dry dock. Can you tell me what they changed?

The little wall that separated the bed from the sitting area is gone giving the cabin a much more open, spacious feeling.

The colors are brighter. The old cabins had lots of blacks, dark blues and purples.

Here's some pics from my cabin on the Inspiration post dry dock:

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

The little wall that separated the bed from the sitting area is gone giving the cabin a much more open, spacious feeling.

The colors are brighter. The old cabins had lots of blacks, dark blues and purples.

Here's some pics from my cabin on the Inspiration post dry dock:

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

Thanks, your right it is much more open and brighter. Nice touches

I would go for the suite. We've stayed on both the cat 11 and cat 12 on the Ecstacy. The cat 12 is way better. I think they are planning on taking out the curtain when the ship goes to dry dock. I will miss it!! It was my favorite feature of the room. The cat 11 had the smallest balcony I've ever seen. However, the cat 11's are in a great location.

Good luck with your decision. As others have stated, the 12's on this class of ship appear to be significantly larger than the 11's. I have just switched from two 6D's to a 12 for my next cruise on the Ecstasy. It was more money obviously (I even had a great deal on the two other cabins) but wanted to give my kids on their first cruise the balcony experience (and truthfully I'm a cabin snob and prefer to do suites only).

Currently booked on the Ecstasy in August, so it's before the refurb.

Has anyone booked a suite and was it worth the extra money? Are there any other benefits for booking a suite? Currently have an inside booked and there is 4 of us. The suite is almost double for the 4 of us but if it's worth it I'm going to bite the bullet.

Thanks,

John

Just so you can have actual visual comparisons, click on these threads for pics from before the refurbs to the new decor:

Category 11s:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

Category 12s:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6392925

PS Host Mach, it'd be great if you could add your pics to this thread...

But to John,

You'd have to book the Category 12 anyway for your family of 4.

The Category 11s are only bookable for 3 people.;)

CJW-got my bungee cord packed for my Cat 12 balcony door-heading down to JAX tommorrow for our cruise on the Fascination Saturday.

DO the Cat 12 now have hair dryers in them? I was on the Fantasy several years ago in a Cat 12 and I can't remember if there is a hairdryer or not.

CJW-got my bungee cord packed for my Cat 12 balcony door-heading down to JAX tommorrow for our cruise on the Fascination Saturday.

DO the Cat 12 now have hair dryers in them? I was on the Fantasy several years ago in a Cat 12 and I can't remember if there is a hairdryer or not.

Yep!!!

IMG_0715.jpg

:D

Thanks for all of your input, and for the pics as well Mach. I went ahead and upgraded to the Cat 12. Everyone is really excited, and looking forward to a sweet suite.

Thanks again

Archived