I got my first cruise ship model! I'm SHOCKED my mom could afford it!

• 2 months later...

The Norwegian Pearl!!! :D She is my first Norwegian cruise ship model! (Sorry for the fuzziness, my camera dosn't do well with close-ups)

2556145830105476688S500x500Q85.jpg

2641653870105476688S500x500Q85.jpg

Norwegian Pearl is now the largest model in my collection (Even though in real life Navigator is larger), but they still look great together!

2807878640105476688S500x500Q85.jpg

I love these ship models! What a nice display and collection. I have never seen them before. Where do you get them on the ship? In the giftshops?

Yes, they have them in the gift shop. Sometimes they do not get restocked after each cruise so they may be out of them. However this has only happened to me once.

It is one of the first things I do as soon as the shops open on the first day of the cruise. I have one for each cruise I have been on. I even have one of the Queen Mary (The original Queen Mary) that I was on when I was 5 years old.

If you can't get one, you can always get on CC and ask someone who is going on a cruise to pick one up for you. I have done this once and have done it for someone else once. Much cheaper than trying to get it on ebay.

• 3 months later...

In addition to heavy blowing snow for Christmas, I got a Majesty of the Seas model, bringing my total up to 5! :D I knew as soon as I read the name on the box that she would be identical to my Sovereign model, but I was happy anyway! Later on, my mom saw her with my other models, was surprised, and apologized saying she didn't realize that Majesty was identical to Sovereign. I told her it was okay, and that I'm excited anyway!

In addition to heavy blowing snow for Christmas, I got a Majesty of the Seas model, bringing my total up to 5! :D I knew as soon as I read the name on the box that she would be identical to my Sovereign model, but I was happy anyway! Later on, my mom saw her with my other models, was surprised, and apologized saying she didn't realize that Majesty was identical to Sovereign. I told her it was okay, and that I'm excited anyway!

Make sure to keep those models in good condition especially that Sovereign one you never no those may be worth something one day. :D Merry Christmas! :D

Merry Christmas TT. You'll soon own the whole fleet!

Texas Teen, congrats on the addition to your "fleet." Yes, they will become more valuable with each passing year. My rare models include Nordic Empress, a ceramic Norway and Nordic Prince and my newest acquisition, Norwegian Majesty.

Your fleet already looks like Cozumel at mid week (busy port). ;) Happy collecting!

That is a wonderful present. It may look the same, but it is still named the Majesty.

You have quite a collection now. ;)

You have a great Holiday.

I sure hope that your mom doesn't read CC as I'm sure that she would be quite embarrassed that you are posting that you are shocked that she can afford to buy your 1st ship model and then go on to say that it's only $40.:eek: It's great that you are excited about your gifts but out of respect for your mom you should keep her financial situation private.

I sure hope that your mom doesn't read CC as I'm sure that she would be quite embarrassed that you are posting that you are shocked that she can afford to buy your 1st ship model and then go on to say that it's only $40.:eek: It's great that you are excited about your gifts but out of respect for your mom you should keep her financial situation private.

I actually clicked on this thread to say the same thing. Everytime I see this thread title, I cringe. Sheeesh.

Maybe, with the economy the way it is, the words TT was looking for were surprised, amazed and extremely happy. It could be that TT's mother had been scrimping and saving little bits of money back to buy these special gifts. The fact that TT might be shocked and extremely pleased could be a plus to the parent.

I know when our kids were younger, sometime doing or providing something that they thought was out of reach, either price wise or because it was an unessessary extravagance, was part of the enoyment of springing the surprise. I see nothing wrong with TT's posting unless you've never been in that spot and would find it insulting that a $40 gift might be extravagant despite some of the rough time people are going through.

• 8 months later...

Just got the Star Princess model today! :D And she's really detailed despite being so small. She's by far my smallest model, at just a little over 6 inches! :eek: I'll see if I can upload the pictures of her tomorrow. She's a great looking ship model, even with the vertical aft!

BTW, Sorry if anyone is offended about my title. Maybe I should have used a lighter word like surprised instead. I guess I forgot $40 isn't much money when it comes to anything about cruising.

Just got the Star Princess model today! :D And she's really detailed despite being so small. She's by far my smallest model, at just a little over 6 inches! :eek: I'll see if I can upload the pictures of her tomorrow. She's a great looking ship model, even with the vertical aft!

BTW, Sorry if anyone is offended about my title. Maybe I should have used a lighter word like surprised instead. I guess I forgot $40 isn't much money when it comes to anything about cruising.

Congradulations on the new addition to your collection!

And you know what, some people aren't in touch with the reality of life. There are many, many people in this country to whom $40 is alot of money to splurge on a gift. I happen to admire your mother who is doing her best in a difficult situation to encourage your dreams. God Bless Her and You!

I think if someone had a problem with what the OP said, they could have sent a PM and suggested so privately instead of making a big deal out of it publicly.

BTW TT nice collection. Our daughter is going on her first cruise soon, I think we might start a collection of models for her. Please tell me that they aren't $400 on the ship. :eek: cuz that's NOT gonna happen. she can have a magnet in that case :D

daze

Congradulations on the new addition to your collection!

And you know what, some people aren't in touch with the reality of life. There are many, many people in this country to whom $40 is alot of money to splurge on a gift. I happen to admire your mother who is doing her best in a difficult situation to encourage your dreams. God Bless Her and You!

Thanks! We've actually been doing better since I first started this thread, including moving into a house, and getting a new laptop! :D (Okay, the house is a rental house, and we were given the money to buy the laptop.) :o

Enjoy the latest addition to your collection! I didn't know you were a Princess fan since they don't sail out of Galveston anymore. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Actually, I don't have any ships that have sailed out of Galveston! I have Navigator of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas, Norwegian Pearl, and Star Princess.

I think if someone had a problem with what the OP said, they could have sent a PM and suggested so privately instead of making a big deal out of it publicly.

BTW TT nice collection. Our daughter is going on her first cruise soon, I think we might start a collection of models for her. Please tell me that they aren't $400 on the ship. :eek: cuz that's NOT gonna happen. she can have a magnet in that case :D

daze

No way! I think the most expensive model sold on any ship is Oasis of the Seas for $60. I've read here on CC (including this thread) that cruise ship models sold on the ships are $20 or $25

I am glad to read that you are still collecting your cruise ships models. It is good to know you still have the passion for cruising and you will get there.

Many of us did not cruise until we were up in years and then we never stopped.

Just look to the future. Your dream will come true someday. ;)

Here are some pictures of the Star Princess & the rest of my cruise ship models:

The Star Princess in front of her Box:

2763629180105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

Star Princess, my smallest model, in front of Norwegian Pearl, my largest model:

2799737560105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

All 6 of my exciting cruise ship models:

2383528870105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

My models from a different angle in a different order:

2564517800105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

And here is one more picture from straight ahead:

2784747410105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived