I got my first cruise ship model! I'm SHOCKED my mom could afford it!

At the same time... I'm excited! I got my first ever cruise ship model today! I'm sooo excited! It's Navigator of the Seas! She says she got it on ebay for about $40! She said this is my early birthday gift, and she said she also got me Jewel of the Seas, and is bidding on one of Sovereign of the Seas' last models! I do NOT know where she is getting the $100 dollars for the Sovereign model, but I'm excited! Until today, I was wondering why my mom was asking so many questions about Royal Caribbean!

I should have pics up sometime soon!!!

Congratulations!

And remember Mother's day is a week from Sunday!:D;)

Oh... I see what's going on... She's getting me these models, so I can get her something nice for Mother's day! Better find something for her soon!

At the same time... I'm excited! I got my first ever cruise ship model today! I'm sooo excited! It's Navigator of the Seas! She says she got it on ebay for about $40! She said this is my early birthday gift, and she said she also got me Jewel of the Seas, and is bidding on one of Sovereign of the Seas' last models! I do NOT know where she is getting the $100 dollars for the Sovereign model, but I'm excited! Until today, I was wondering why my mom was asking so many questions about Royal Caribbean!

Can't wait to see the pics!

That's great Dylan. Happy Birthday. and it's great that your mom is helping fuel your passion for cruising. I hope that when you become Master of Allure of the Seas, you'll remember us little folk here on the board:D

Those models are so cool. I found mine (Voyager) on ebay too and have it on my desk along with some other RCCL paraphanalia ( DW calls it "crap" LOL) that reminds me of past and upcoming cruises every time I sit down to do the budget (yuck!)

That is wonderful news and you must have a great Mom to get you all of those ships models at once. :)

I am sure you will let her know that on Mothers Day. And actually, every day of the year would be nice too. :D

I look forward to seeing your pictures of the models.

Remember, you are still young and have plenty of time to cruise in your lifetime. You will get there when your Mom can take you. ;)

Oh, and Happy Birthday early.

Just have your mom be careful. I have a Mariner of the Seas and Carnival Victory and they both cost me under 25.00 new on the ship. I bought a Mariner one on the ship this past cruise in Feb for a CC grab bag and paid 18.00 for it on sale. I watched the quantity every day and hoping the price would go down and it did on Thurs of the cruise.

Maybe someone will help you out. I am not going on a cruise till Sept 30th on the Radiance but I would be more than happy to get you one then with your mom's ok of course. :)

Laura

My birthday is still a few months away! (Not until the end of Summer.) This is a really great model! Stupid camera isn't working, so I will try tommorrow, while I worry about the slim chance of having the swine flu! My school is closed tomorrow, and all next week! I'm really getting worried about having the Swine Flu! It's spreading into Texas from Mexico!

My birthday is still a few months away! (Not until the end of Summer.) This is a really great model! Stupid camera isn't working, so I will try tommorrow, while I worry about the slim chance of having the swine flu! My school is closed tomorrow, and all next week! I'm really getting worried about having the Swine Flu! It's spreading into Texas from Mexico!

Make sure you wash your hands all the time before you eat. If you are out and touch any hand rails, etc. wash your hands good and never touch your face until you do.

Do not go near people who are coughing or sneezing if you can help it. If they are doing that, try to avoid any contact with things they touched or turn away from them when they cough and sneeze and try to avoid them.

If your friends appear to have a cold, tell them to let you know when they are better. :D

You will be fine. ;)

LOL, That is probably exactly what your Mother told you. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I got Sovereign of the Seas today!!! :D One of her last models! I am sooo excited! She is the second cruise ship model i've ever recieved! :D However, we don't know where Jewel of the Seas is at! We won the bid for Jewel of the Seas BEFORE we won the bid for Jewel of the Seas! :eek: :( :mad: At least I have two cruise ship models to enjoy! And like I said a few days ago, I'm shocked my mom can afford this!

I'm sooo excited!!!

Just have your mom be careful. I have a Mariner of the Seas and Carnival Victory and they both cost me under 25.00 new on the ship.

$25 has been the going price for a while now. These people are making almost 100% profits on E-bay. Good for them as long as people are willing to pay it.

TexasTeen, like Laura said, you may not want to let good ole Mom spend too much money on these.

$25 has been the going price for a while now. These people are making almost 100% profits on E-bay. Good for them as long as people are willing to pay it.

TexasTeen, like Laura said, you may not want to let good ole Mom spend too much money on these.

And remember the Mariner was 25% off I bought in Feb.

Have to say the Carnival Victory was made better. Hope to get the Radiance in Sept and Carnival Splendor in Feb.

Glad Texas Teen you are enjoying your collection so far.

Laura

I also collect the ships,but only from the ones I have been on,,,,,,,,,only one missing is Solstice.......they didnt have any when i went.....

the most I paid for one is about $80 for the Nordic Empress on EBay......the rest I bought onboard...........

I saw that Sovereign on Ebay (if it's the same one), and the guy said he got it on the last cruise, which I found odd, because I was on the last cruise, and was told the Sovereign stuff had been sold out for some time, including the models. But......my wife was looking around in a second hand store here in town (Habitat for Humanity store), and sitting on a shelf in the original box was a Sovereign of the Seas model. She got it for me.....for $5! :eek: That'll never happen again, but I'm glad it happened once!

I saw that Sovereign on Ebay (if it's the same one), and the guy said he got it on the last cruise, which I found odd, because I was on the last cruise, and was told the Sovereign stuff had been sold out for some time, including the models. But......my wife was looking around in a second hand store here in town (Habitat for Humanity store), and sitting on a shelf in the original box was a Sovereign of the Seas model. She got it for me.....for $5! :eek: That'll never happen again, but I'm glad it happened once!

Wow Mac-you got quite the bargain there,,,,,and you're right,they sold outta the models around Aug/Sept........

I got Jewel of the Seas today!!!!! :D :D :D She's actually SMALLER than my sovereign of the Seas model! :eek: But, she has BEAUTIFUL paint detail!!! She was painted beautifully! She is colorful!

3 cruise ship models so far... hopefully more to come! (And hopefully my first cruise will be soon!)

$5.00!!! That's cheap!!! WOW!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived