What to wear on November Cruise

C. Anne

We regularly cruise over Thanksgiving (last full week in November). I can tell you that in Hawaii, it really didn't matter -- it was 80-85 degrees pretty much every day. Barcelona, Nice/Monte Carlo, Venice, Split were a bit cool -- high 50's to mid 60's. Athens, Rome, Napels mid-to high 70s. In Australia it is late spring and as you go north it is quite hot. We may do South or Central America this Thanskgiving -- we'll let you know how that goes! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, yes where we are going would make a difference in the weather! Jamaica, GC, and Cozumel.

When were in Cozumel 2 years ago at the end of November it was 87 degrees and sunny.:)

Sorry, yes where we are going would make a difference in the weather! Jamaica, GC, and Cozumel.

That's better. :D

Yes, shorts. It's warm in November in the Western Carib. I been there in the middle of winter (Feb) and it was still 72 degrees there and they said that was lower than normal.

So for November, I'd say it will still be in the 80's.

For the most part it will be warm. However, we cruised a few years ago in December to those exact places and they had a cold front come through and it did get a bit chilly 50's in GC. (It was a rare coldfront). I am from Fl so I didnt bother packing any long sleeve clothes. The usual temp that time of year is 70's-80's. I wished I had brought at least one jog suit. So pack mostly warm weather clothes bt remember one cool weather outfit for each of you and you will be fine.

My parents took my kids on a cruise in January once out of Galveston and it was chilly on the boat. No problem with the boat being cold I guess in November? Thanks!:)

Oh I am always cold on a ship. It has more to do with the air conditioning inside the ship though. So yes, I never seem to bring enough long sleeves for the nights on the ship.:)

I did this same cruise for Thanksgiving the last two years. It was mostly warm and able to swim (only a bit chilly). But some of the mornings in port were cool (high 60's?) and we needed a light jacket, which I always bring anyway since the dining rooms are freezing! :o

Archived