S & S CARDS New or Old

pnjkeith

what does it matter? it is the same acting thing. Personally, i have seen the new ones and like the looks a lot better. Is there something different in them that I do not know about? I don't think so. still gets you into your cabin, still used to buy things with, so why does everyone hate them? would be worse if they put your pic on them.

I didn't like the Old New cards because I felt like they looked too much like the hull of an NCL ship. I like having the crew and other new passengers recognize that I'm an experienced cruiser, and discussing my past experiences.

I've often assisted 1st time cruisers by answering simple questions that saved them from having to stand in the Purser's line for 30 minutes.

That's what I was trying to say though obviously not very well.

If you are logged into Carnival then click on My Profile on the left hand side of the page it will say Hello Janey, shows me my past guest number then then 3rd link below that is view cruise history.

If you don't have that information then I would call Carnival and have them help you add all of your past cruises.

This happened to alot of us that had cruises before Carnival started the past guest program. I was able to produce my 1st embarkation photo, but not for the 2nd cruise (way back in the 80's)

So my cruise count is 16 completed 3 booked, but Carnival will only give me credit for 15 completed.

I had the same problem, okgirl. My last cruise on Carnival was in the 80s as well. Also, with previous husbands so all pics and proof is gone. I had to start all over towards platinum in 2006. Oh well, all the more reason to cruise!

Vanessa, thanks for the guidelines.

Have had partial success: logged in OK and got to my Profile page

http://www.carnival.com/home.aspx

but see no link called View Cruise History anywhere, left right or center.

Still kinda lost.

I see several categories of links, but none seem applicable...tried updating my personal info,instead..

again with some partial success, but can't get my Past Guest number to show

-maybe it takes 24 hrs. for their system to digest it? Who knows.:rolleyes:

I have no cruise booked with them at the moment -is that the problem?

(Carnival's website seems awfully complicated and confusing at times

- like dealing with a Government,almost..):cool:

No, it shouldn't matter if you don't have anything booked now. And they are running pretty good on updates, my 5/9/09 sailing of the Fantasy just showed up today and I only debarked 2 days ago. I agree with others that I'd call Carnival and see if they can help you straighten this out.

No, it shouldn't matter if you don't have anything booked now.

And they are running pretty good on updates, my 5/9/09 sailing of the Fantasy just showed up today

-and I only debarked 2 days ago.

I agree with others that I'd call Carnival and see if they can help you straighten this out.

OK thanks for that!

I have my three cruise-cards and cabin numbers, dates, etc. to prove my status.

Nothing beats meticulous documentation -nothing.

Carnival has a couple people who read this board and report back to a friend of mine...

They know pretty much everything that goes on here and are smart enough to use it as free market research......

:D

Maybe we can direct their attention to following thread..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=989218

Any sail and sign card is fine with me - much rather see some improvement to the credit card to which my pretty sail & sign card is linked!

• 8 months later...
So the lesson Carnival has learned then is that any new card issued in the future must be predominately the color of travel level a passenger achieved.

BLUE / GOLD / SILVER

I think that is the way it should be as well. The Old New Cards were very poor in showing the coveted colors.

If most passengers enjoy monitoring the levels they reach and how they are represented on the S & S cards then why doesn’t Carnival expand on this and create more colors on the cards for passengers to look for? You would only think they would want to encourage people to buy more cruises. I can’t imagine the cost would be an issue. They essentially have already created the levels by giving discounts on cruises at 25, 50 & 100 levels. Carnival should reflect these on the cards as well. Many people have blown past 10 cruises long ago. Only 3 levels as 10 at the highest is pretty wimpy.

This might be an issue for you since then people will know you are cruising at a discount

Archived