S & S CARDS New or Old

pnjkeith

I know, but the alternative would have been that I lost it. If my head wasn't attached and all...:rolleyes:
As long as you're you're not a fussy collector

it's actually a very good idea to have one's card punched

and then keep it on a lanyard

-preferably the sturdy Cruisecritic lanyard available via..

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=15

I have one and it's bulletproof...much better quality than what's available on board ships generally! ;)

I think there was a 'buzz' because people become comfortable and emotionally attached to things that remind them of their cruises.

Sailing once every couple years changes are more noticeable and, perhaps, a bit less important. A great many people sail three, four, five times a year and expect to see familiar things when they board.

Besides that, the 'old new cards' just weren't very attractive and didn't well represent how many cruises you had been on.

It may sound odd but it's nice to hand your S&S card over to your waiter and have him or her say 'Welcome home' as your seated...

:)

So the lesson Carnival has learned then is that any new card issued in the future must be predominately the color of travel level a passenger achieved.

BLUE / GOLD / SILVER

I think that is the way it should be as well. The Old New Cards were very poor in showing the coveted colors.

If most passengers enjoy monitoring the levels they reach and how they are represented on the S & S cards then why doesn’t Carnival expand on this and create more colors on the cards for passengers to look for? You would only think they would want to encourage people to buy more cruises. I can’t imagine the cost would be an issue. They essentially have already created the levels by giving discounts on cruises at 25, 50 & 100 levels. Carnival should reflect these on the cards as well. Many people have blown past 10 cruises long ago. Only 3 levels as 10 at the highest is pretty wimpy.

Old new, new old, I don't care, I just want my CARD!!!! LOL :D

I noticed a big hole punched in the whale tail of a card in an earlier picture. what is that hole for? I know the little one was for the lanyard.

Thanks!! :p

Mach / Everyone,

It's nice that the card reflects prior or newbie status. I still have my old card from my first and only carnival cruise from the 2006 triumph' the blue and red card. Now I am excited to get a Gold card as it is like a homecoming. Great job Carnival and CC forum!!!!

Bob

Who cares? If I can't go into the disco and get free drinks and/or pick up chics based on the color of my S&S card, then it really does not matter whether 25% of the card or 100% of the card reflects my "status".

• 2 weeks later...

UGH! I never got a gold card!

Just went through all my cards and they are all blue. I know I gave them my past guest number, so I wonder why I didn't get a gold one?

Also - whats the difference between to the 2 silver/platinum cards? I see something squiggled on the last card, but can't read it.

I think there was a 'buzz' because people become comfortable and emotionally attached to things that remind them of their cruises.

Sailing once every couple years changes are more noticeable and, perhaps, a bit less important. A great many people sail three, four, five times a year and expect to see familiar things when they board.

Besides that, the 'old new cards' just weren't very attractive and didn't well represent how many cruises you had been on.

It may sound odd but it's nice to hand your S&S card over to your waiter and have him or her say 'Welcome home' as your seated...

:)

I just love the "welcome home" line. Got used to the "welcome back" and our first cruise making Platinum they said welcome home and it made us smile ear to ear.

UGH! I never got a gold card!

Just went through all my cards and they are all blue. I know I gave them my past guest number, so I wonder why I didn't get a gold one?

Also - whats the difference between to the 2 silver/platinum cards? I see something squiggled on the last card, but can't read it.

You should go look at your past guest cruise history on Carnival. You may not have been given credit for your past guest status. If you submit copies of your "missing" S&S cards they will update your profile so you will get to platinum when you should.

The difference in the last 2 cards is the bottom one has a little black square thingy on the right side which indicates that person has been on 25+ cruises.

You should go look at your past guest cruise history on Carnival. You may not have been given credit for your past guest status. If you submit copies of your "missing" S&S cards they will update your profile so you will get to platinum when you should.

The difference in the last 2 cards is the bottom one has a little black square thingy on the right side which indicates that person has been on 25+ cruises.

Yeah I got the credit for all my cruises.

I feel left out. I better get my gold card this time around.

WOW - 25. I can't even fathom!

I personally LOVE the new design. We had white cards with gold waves on the Fantasy last week. But, I do not have my entire identity wrapped up in a silver card hanging around my neck either :rolleyes:. Personally, I could care less if my card is blue, silver, purple, gold or black. Just get me on that ship!!!!!!! Edited to say I guess it is the old-new. I personally like the subtlety of the color on white, rather than the other way around.

You should go look at your past guest cruise history on Carnival.
Give me a hint or better yet a URL...

as to just where one might do this...? :confused:

Ship-Cards-652.jpg

This what they gave us, late April 2009 -Carnival Victory

Give me a hint or better yet a URL...

as to just where one might do this...? :confused:

Go to Carnival.com. On the top right it should say "My profile". Click that and it will ask you for a password if you are not already signed in. Once you do so, your profile page will come up. On the left is a link that says, "View Cruise History". That should give you all you need. If there is a discrepancy there is a link on the view cruise history page that allows you to add cruises.

Go to Carnival.com. On the top right it should say "My profile".

Click that and it will ask you for a password if you are not already signed in.

Once you do so, your profile page will come up. ===> Got that far, successfully

On the left is a link that says, "View Cruise History". That should give you all you need.

Vanessa, thanks for the guidelines.

Have had partial success: logged in OK and got to my Profile page

http://www.carnival.com/home.aspx

but see no link called View Cruise History anywhere, left right or center.

Still kinda lost.

I see several categories of links, but none seem applicable...tried updating my personal info,instead..

again with some partial success, but can't get my Past Guest number to show

-maybe it takes 24 hrs. for their system to digest it? Who knows.:rolleyes:

I have no cruise booked with them at the moment -is that the problem?

(Carnival's website seems awfully complicated and confusing at times

- like dealing with a Government,almost..):cool:

Carnival has a couple people who read this board and report back to a friend of mine...

They know pretty much everything that goes on here and are smart enough to use it as free market research.

One of my Carnival friends (a VP for on board entertainment) said to me 'You guys on Cruise Critic know more about what's goin' on than I do! You know how to smuggle rum, you know when the best deals are, you know how to get the most drinks at the Captain's Party!!!'

:D

That is priceless...so from now on...um...I'm never sneaking rum on the ship (wink wink)

My friends were on the Elation last month and got the regular old cards, (solid colors no wave) I was kinda hoping for the white one this weekend to add to my collection. I have one of all of them (well more than one) and was hoping to get the white backgroung this time before they switch to the solid color w/wave.. I'd have the complete collection;)

Vanessa, thanks for the guidelines.

Have had partial success: logged in OK and got to my Profile page

http://www.carnival.com/home.aspx

but see no link called View Cruise History anywhere, left right or center.

Still kinda lost.

I see several categories of links, but none seem applicable...tried updating my personal info,instead..

again with some partial success, but can't get my Past Guest number to show

-maybe it takes 24 hrs. for their system to digest it? Who knows.:rolleyes:

I have no cruise booked with them at the moment -is that the problem?

(Carnival's website seems awfully complicated and confusing at times

- like dealing with a Government,almost..):cool:

That's what I was trying to say though obviously not very well.

If you are logged into Carnival then click on My Profile on the left hand side of the page it will say Hello Janey, shows me my past guest number then then 3rd link below that is view cruise history.

If you don't have that information then I would call Carnival and have them help you add all of your past cruises.

This happened to alot of us that had cruises before Carnival started the past guest program. I was able to produce my 1st embarkation photo, but not for the 2nd cruise (way back in the 80's)

So my cruise count is 16 completed 3 booked, but Carnival will only give me credit for 15 completed.

Was wondering what happened with the S & S cards? We had new style last month on Freedom. Lots of people hate them, did they go back to the old style?

what does it matter? it is the same acting thing. Personally, i have seen the new ones and like the looks a lot better. Is there something different in them that I do not know about? I don't think so. still gets you into your cabin, still used to buy things with, so why does everyone hate them? would be worse if they put your pic on them.

Archived