Laundry and Laundramats on board

slotl

Is there an iron & ironing board available?

Yes, there were two irons and ironing boards. One iron was broken and replaced during the cruise. The "working" iron was on a 15 minute timer for safety reasons.

The passengers were NOT the problem in the laundry. Everyone was "civilized and pleasant to talk with". I never saw a "problem" with arguments about who is next or who didn't show up on time and had their laundry removed.

Let me repeat...I don't want to see the inside of a laundry room during my vacation.

I was just checking on the iron in case I wanted to touch up something before wearing it - I'm not on vacation to do laundry - we have nice OBC that I plan on using towards laundry if we need it but I do like being able to freshen up clothes that have been crammed in a suitcase.

two passegers (men) got into a fight in the laundry room (over unattended and thus removed laundry) and they were put off the ship in the next port (QE2).

That's what I would call unpleasant.

Wow, and two men.

I have cruised on many Celebrity and Royal Caribbean ships. None of them had a self laundry service. So, in that respect, this is a move in the right direction. You're paying a lot for the vacation. Pay for the service laundry or just wait your turn in the laudramat. It would be nice if Azamara did have an unlimited service fee or by the bag. HAL is nice to have the unlimited bags. However, I'd rather sail on Celebrity than HAL.

Our only hope is that Azamara begins to offer unlimited laundry (at a price) or per bag laundry especially for longer or back-to-back cruise passengers.

I don't want to do laundry while I am on vacation!

P.S. Laundry room was open from 9:00AM to 9:30PM. The doors are locked at 10:00PM

These times are terrible on a port intensive cruise. When one leaves the ship at 7:00am and returns at 5:00pm or later there is very little time for lots of folks to do laundry.

On Minerva the laundry room was open 24/7. On HAL unlimited laundry was $70.00 for the cabin (two people) for 10 nights and $30.00 for the pressing, so $100.00 total. I wish Azamara would do this as well. There is certainly room for them to make more money too. Locking doors at 10:00pm is a problem. Btw, on HAL we ate at 8:00pm ...with these times the only time to do laundry would be on a sea day. We'd rather do it at 6:00am on the way to the gym...

But you have to keep in mind that there are people in the cabins in the immediate vicinity of the laundry and they shouldn't have to listen to the machines, people, and possible altercations from the laundry at all hours.

But you have to keep in mind that there are people in the cabins in the immediate vicinity of the laundry and they shouldn't have to listen to the machines, people, and possible altercations from the laundry at all hours.

People lined up with breakfast trays are standing in the hallway outside your room talking and waiting for the laundry room to open. Isn't that a bigger distraction than the noise of the machines and people talking behind the steel door of the launderette?

The laundry room (for those who want to do laundry) should open by at least 7AM)

Lois, I have to tell you that I would consider those people rude, inconsiderate, and not typical of the Azamara passengers that I met on my two prior Azamara cruises. I admit that I would also have to, at a minimum, try and call Guest Relations and expect them to do something about it.

I don't imagine that too many people on a port-intensive itinerary would be doing laundry at midnight. Most of my cruises have been on Royal Caribbean, which doesn't offer any self-serve facilities, so if I have to wait a bit to get a machine I don't think it'll bother me too terribly much.:)

The only thing I used the laundry room for was ironing and I did that first thing when I got on the ship, early the first day. I pack all my clothes on hangers that I leave on the ship the last day, so I just iron out a few wrinkles, bring 12 of all the daily essentials and do mixing and matching and avoid the fights I saw in the laundry room-saw a couple of families about come to blows!! :eek:

Having the laundromat helps us pack less. The time to use these limited facilities is in the early evening once some people have already started their dinner or cocktail hour (say around 6:00 pm). We like to eat later, so this worked fine (have some wine on your veranda while you wait for it to finish).

Peter

P.S. Take me with you, and I'll do your laundry. Azamara is wonderful.

Having the laundromat helps us pack less. The time to use these limited facilities is in the early evening once some people have already started their dinner or cocktail hour (say around 6:00 pm). We like to eat later, so this worked fine (have some wine on your veranda while you wait for it to finish).

Peter

P.S. Take me with you, and I'll do your laundry. Azamara is wonderful.

That's a good tip, thanks!

Insides are down to $999pp on the Best of Italy next week. That's only a little more expensive than the onboard laundry service, so maybe....:p

We did not use the laundromat but did use the laundry service which we found to be cheaper than many hotels we have been in -- and your clothes came back starched, pressed and on hangers (the linen shirts - so nice!). I did the "smalls" by hand - a roll in a towel and hang on the line in the bathroom overnight got them almost dry then I would "peg" them with the skirt hangers in the wardrobe to finish off during the day so the cabin staff could clean unfettered.

Archived