Dinner Options in Seattle?

WalleyeLJ

We're headed to Seattle before taking the train to Vancouver on May 22nd. We're pretty good on what to do with our one day of touring in Seattle, but we're still looking for dinner options. We'll be staying at the Springhill Suites in downtown. Any recommendations are appreciated!

L.J.

We're headed to Seattle before taking the train to Vancouver on May 22nd. We're pretty good on what to do with our one day of touring in Seattle, but we're still looking for dinner options. We'll be staying at the Springhill Suites in downtown. Any recommendations are appreciated!

L.J.

You are close to 13 Coins - here is a link to their website so you can view the menu:

http://www.13coins.com/menus.php

We go to one near the airport often to have a seafood omelet for dinner. It is worth the wait for a seat at the hot counter and watch the chefs light a lot of stuff on fire. :)

Metropolitan Grill is also good but a more formal place - depends what your plans are.

You are close to 13 Coins - here is a link to their website so you can view the menu:

http://www.13coins.com/menus.php

We go to one near the airport often to have a seafood omelet for dinner. It is worth the wait for a seat at the hot counter and watch the chefs light a lot of stuff on fire. :)

Metropolitan Grill is also good but a more formal place - depends what your plans are.

Terrifc suggestions Cruise Gypsy - thanks!

If you want a good steak, there's plenty of awesome steak houses in Seattle. I prefer El Gauchos or Mortons.

El Gaucho:

http://www.elgaucho.com/elgaucho/

Mortons:

http://www.mortons.com

Another hot spot is the Metropolitan Grill:

http://www.themetropolitangrill.com/

My favorite favorite favorite place in Seattle though is the Melting Pot. Fondue with cheese, meats and chocolate...I could eat there every day!

http://www.meltingpot.com

All these are the nicer places in town, but Seattle is very dressed down compared to other places. Slacks and a shirt works fine.

the place I hit up the most is the Than Brother's, which serves pho and cream puffs. (Pho is vietnamese noodle soup).

http://www.thanbrothers.com/

Our favorite place to eat in Seattle is Ivars. It is right on the waterfront and has the best clam chowder ever. It is right next to the Ferry dock and we like to watch the ferrys come and go.

What are you really looking for: Excellent food, view, local character, cheap eats?

In addition to the steak houses, if you're looking for the food as the main attraction, you could try Icon Grill or any of the Tom Douglas restaurants (Dahlia Lounge, Lola).

View: One of my favorite places in Seattle in the summer is The Fisherman's on the waterfront (forget the Pier number, but it's just south of the aquarium) ... they sit on the far end of the pier and have a huge open-air deck where you can dine. Nothing like a bucket of steamers and cold hefeweizen on a hot day there.

Character: Pink Door at Pike Place Market, Italian food. Actually, most of the restaurants at the Market have a lot of character :rolleyes: You can also get cheap eats from various places at the Market, too, during Market hours.

Another good, inexpensive hole in the wall place is John's Wok on Western (corner of Western and Spring). When I worked in Seattle (many years ago) I would go there often for lunch. YUM!

Which Cruise line are you on? We are staying at the Springhill Suites and doing Amtrak to Vancouver also. Our cruise is on the 26th. We have a party of ten going but only 8 are coming through Seattle.

Not sure where we are eating yet, but it will be by Pike Market for fresh seafood.

STacey - TX

L.J.

You are close to 13 Coins

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

cue the sound of b-d running in circles and smashing his head into the wall.

being overly opinonated and having internet access may not always be a good thing.

13 coins is seattle's red dawg saloon. over 130 items on their menu? that means that that many types of dinners have already been prepped and are sitting in the cooler. ever heard "i'm sorry but we are out of that this evening at 13 coins"?

the metropolitan grill is a great tres nice reccie. i've had nice drinks and oysters there. but not much of a view except for lots of suits.

others that i have tried and liked: flying fish, oceanaire, mccormick and schmick's, and as you're downtown there is the entire international district (formally know as china town) but that might be a little adventuresome at night.

we all have different tastes.

I was born and raised in Seattle and still the first place that I go when I come to town is Ivars. Yum, I can't wait until 5/15 when I can get good fish, chips and chowder.

If you would like to combine some activities, you can also dine at the Space Needle. The restaurant rotates during dinner for a 360 degree view of the city.

One things for sure - You won't starve in Seattle.

Thanks everyone for all the ideas and opinions. We've got a lot to look at, which is a good thing. Can't wait for our first visit to Seattle, and can't wait to board Radiance on the 22nd!

L.J.

We like to go to Lowells for breakfast. Farmers breakfast is magnificent.

Other places we like: Crabpot, Anthonys and a chinese place in the ID that I can't think of the name of but they do great crab.

Jean

I was born and raised in Seattle and still the first place that I go when I come to town is Ivars. Yum, I can't wait until 5/15 when I can get good fish, chips and chowder.

If you would like to combine some activities, you can also dine at the Space Needle. The restaurant rotates during dinner for a 360 degree view of the city.

One things for sure - You won't starve in Seattle.

I have to agree about Ivar's. I went to High School in Seattle and that was the restaurant I remember most. I took my wife and daughter there a couple years ago and they loved it, as well. We are driving from SeaTac to Vancouver on the 17th and I hope we get a chance to stop there for lunch, at least.

Archived