Reservations?

My countdown started at 169 days and today I'm down to 37!! So excited! My best friend and I are planning planning planning! It's both her and my first cruise. YAY!

I'm back to reading the boards regularly to see what information I can gleen, and I keep reading the same statements about making reservations for dinner the first night on the cruise.

Reservations? Do I assume this is only for the specialty restaurants? Not the main dining rooms? We chose anytime seating and are hopeful to get a small table (not anti-social, just preference). Does that mean we need to make a reservation for dinner in the main dining room with anytime?

Thanks!!

No reservations needed for either traditional dining or anytime dining (after all--that's the whole POINT of anytime dining!!!)

It's only the "pay" restaurants that need reservations--and if you decide to go to one, you don't have to make reservations months in advance---you can almost always get one anytime you want, once you're on the ship.

Reservations are not needed for the Anytime Dining room, but on most ships they are accepted. If you find there is a delay to get the small table you want, you could consider making reservations for subsequent evenings.

Archived