Come on CC Come Thruuuu Part Deux

I've done this for a living for decades. Gathered up as much info as possible, asked quesitons until I understood it and went from there.

I am showing you that this site had my EXACT CORRECT fare - the base plus and also the the EXACT DOLLAR AMOUNT I paid the TA - to the penny.

I'm telling you that the TA paid NCL $780 LESS for my cabin than I paid him. It is crysal clear.

I feel like I'm on top of a mountain screaming into the wind.

Sounds like you really will have to force it with the TA then. Even if someone else has had this experience, I doubt that approaching the TA and saying-"well someone on the web says that you can do it" (whatever 'it' might be) will have much impact

I'd also ask him about the different promo codes on the 2 invoices

BTW-when you posted a while back that you added me to your ignore file, you spelt my name wrong then also ;)

Okay. I looked in the hope it will make you feel better. It bears no relation to what I have paid or should have paid or anything else. It shows a correct cruise and cabin, but all the money info is wrong. Am I worried? No, because that is NOT a site for US cruisers. Just because I CAN enter it doesn't mean it is intended for me. In fact, it clearly states that it is NOT intended for me.

I am very sorry, but you keep saying you just need someone to tell you that you are right and I can't do that since I don't have faith in the information you are using. All you can do is ensure that you pay only what you agreed to pay and get what they agreed to give you in return. The rest is a distraction, in my opinion.

were those false and true statements entered by you? I still don't understand it.

Again, have you spoken to the TA directly? is it someone you can go to and see? if so and if talking on the phone does not resolve this then take your printout with you and have them explain it all to you.

I did get into that site to see my own reservations and it is not very clear, the fares shown there are not the ones I am paying. So I assume fare reductions are not shown on there? Neither is OBC. which I think you stated earlier.

I've done this for a living for decades. Gathered up as much info as possible, asked quesitons until I understood it and went from there.

I am showing you that this site had my EXACT CORRECT fare - the base plus and also the the EXACT DOLLAR AMOUNT I paid the TA - to the penny.

I'm telling you that the TA paid NCL $780 LESS for my cabin than I paid him. It is crysal clear.

I feel like I'm on top of a mountain screaming into the wind.

I'd suggest that you carefully read what "Arwenmark" and "bermuder" wrote.

What you are claiming is "crystal clear" clearly is not.

You are screaming into the wind because you've got your mind made up and you're not paying attention to what others are telling you.

If you are using a European site, you could be seeing numbers in Euros or pounds, not American dollars. The Euro and pound are worth more than the US

dollar. Frankly, I am not sure. But I never heard before US agents pocketing any money....

If you are using a European site, you could be seeing numbers in Euros or pounds, not American dollars. The Euro and pound are worth more than the US

dollar.

Good point Don-that could really be it.

If that proves to be correct I'll be first in line to slap myself on the head and say "doh"

dollar. Frankly, I am not sure. But I never heard before US agents pocketing any money....

If that proves to be correct I'll be first in line to slap myself on the head and say "doh"

No...the invoice she is showing says it's in US dollars.

Sounds like you really will have to force it with the TA then. Even if someone else has had this experience, I doubt that approaching the TA and saying-"well someone on the web says that you can do it" (whatever 'it' might be) will have much impact

I'd also ask him about the different promo codes on the 2 invoices

BTW-when you posted a while back that you added me to your ignore file, you spelt my name wrong then also ;)

I know, I know. I just don't understand with such a great tool as this kind of site why any remarks are nasty or personal. It inflames me. You never know if somebody's had a bad day or their dog or mother just died or anything. I just wish remarks could be positive if they are in any way personal. Negative is fine when aimed at companies or situations or the like... but scathing personal remarks are something I'd just rather not read.

I appreciate your input here, though LOL. I won't re-ignore you unless I perceive that I need to defend a poster (the good part of my 'pit-bull' nature LOL).

Since I'm a bit giddy from lack of sleep and I figure the mildly curious have stopped viewing this thread I'll tell you that I was ripped off by a general contractor for tens of thousands of dollars a few years ago. A good chunk of the money my mother left me. I've taken steps to regain the money but no blood from a stone so I just end up screwed (I usually use a different euphemism). When I perceive I'm being ripped off I see red. I mean that literally - red. I get those little floaty dots in front of my eyes. I had a bad gut feeling about this TA from the first conversation I had with him. My skin actually crawled. I am certain that we are due this money back - from the verbiage in the seaweb site if nothing else i.e. "Guest Total." Also it being times five cabins makes it a whopping amount of money.

To (can't seem to stop typing) top it all off, when I called this morning I HAD TO SEND THEM - THE TA a list of the reservation numbers in our group (who are supposedly receiving $50 per cabin OBC's and each cabin also gets a bottle of wine.) If they don't have our group straight... I just don't know. I need sleep.

The 'somebody on the web says' thing is for my head. If I go in with even a 1% chance that I am wrong I will have a totally different attitude that if I KNOW I am 100% certain I am right. I'm at 99% now. I just need that little itty bitty 1%.

I'm hoping for that from CC.

I was thinking the same thing and did a currency conversion of my amount paid versus what it says. I didn't get anything close enough to post as definitive proof, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good theory. I was using the first online currency converter I found and who knows what rates they use. It also seems to me that it has been reported that fares are quite different if you book from the UK site so there are really a number of reasons not to trust that information.

Well then, at least I won't have to give myself a headache ;)

Beyond that-I still think she'll have to work it out with the TA

It also seems to me that it has been reported that fares are quite different if you book from the UK site so there are really a number of reasons not to trust that information.

Yes, we've seen that discussed a few times (and how they seem to get more protections than we do when booking)

I'm taking her word that the US site matches those figures

True, but if it wasn't intended for U.S., who know what programming glitches there could be. It clearly states that payments must be made in British Pounds.

I was thinking the same thing and did a currency conversion of my amount paid versus what it says. I didn't get anything close enough to post as definitive proof, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good theory. I was using the first online currency converter I found and who knows what rates they use. It also seems to me that it has been reported that fares are quite different if you book from the UK site so there are really a number of reasons not to trust that information.

Everything is in USD.

Everything is in USD.

True, but if it wasn't intended for U.S., who know what programming glitches there could be. It clearly states that payments must be made in British Pounds.

At this point, it just a matter of discussing for our curiosity. As Monte says, you will have to get an explanation from your TA. Above all, I am sorry your TA has been so unreliable during this entire planning process for you.

I agree that it clearly isn't intended for US passengers, but some of the numbers on the document did match what she said she had paid, so I don't think a dollars versus euros or pounds issue is at work.

By Googling "NCL Seaweb," I found several forum chats about price discrepancies when US cruisers are looking at this site. Again, I can't explain why there are differences, but those cruisers came to the same theories that have been discussed here. Also, found a discussion from when it became European only, even though we can still look at it.

I would go back to your TA and not ask but tell them how pleased you are that there was a price reduction that you clearly saw on the final payment in the contract . Then ask them how they are going to reimburse those funds . ( a credit back or perhaps an OBC ) . Do not take a position of weakness but rather one of expectation . And to answer your original question , No the TA does not ( usually ) keep a significant reduction of $700 ..

Good luck.

I appreciate all of your input, by the way.

I'd noticed the GBP thing before but never gave a second thought because all the amounts are in USD and matched my payment record.

UK Guests
- Please Note payment must be made immediately via the

'MAKE GBP PAYMENT' link above to avoid the booking being released. If your booking is in any other Currency, please call 0207 591 8000 to pay your deposit/final payment (as applicable) by debit or credit card.

I would interpret this blurb to mean that the currency shown on the screen varies - probably according to how it was booked i.e. Euros, Pounds, Dollars. But regardless, the fact that the blurb start out "UK GUESTS" - indicates to me that other 'guests' are welcome there.

My guess is that European cruisers demand more info than Americans so they have to provide it. IMHO.

I agree that it clearly isn't intended for US passengers, but some of the numbers on the document did match what she said she had paid, so I don't think a dollars versus euros or pounds issue is at work.

I was thinking the same thing about the Britsih Pound

todays conversion as of right now is:

Thursday, May 7, 2009 1,239 US Dollar = 822.889 British Pound

Real close to what you are seeing..........

I was thinking the same thing about the Britsih Pound

todays conversion as of right now is:

Thursday, May 7, 2009 1,239 US Dollar = 822.889 British Pound

Real close to what you are seeing..........

Looks like a winner to me . ;)

To confirm this possibility, she needs to run her records for another European country to see if the numbers stick or not. And possibly compare the difference to Euros. And run this at the American site as well. Europeans would consider the US dollar the third choice, not first. The British and Europeans have always complained their prices at their site are higher than ours in America..... not hundreds of dollars less.

ok I tried a couple different sites:

849 GBP = $1273.45

849 Euros = $1136

1239USD = 925.5819 (oops for got o write down if GBP or Euros)

1239 USD = 931.348 Euros

1239usd = 925.612 GBP

849 EUROS = $1136.40 USD

849 GPS = $1273.88 usd

1239 usd = 826.084 GBP

849 GBP = $1273 USD

A lot of these are real time so it will flucuate.

Anyway, it's all in the same area.

ok I tried a couple different sites:

849 GBP = $1273.45

849 Euros = $1136

1239USD = 925.5819 (oops for got o write down if GBP or Euros)

1239 USD = 931.348 Euros

1239usd = 925.612 GBP

849 EUROS = $1136.40 USD

849 GPS = $1273.88 usd

1239 usd = 826.084 GBP

A lot of these are real time so it will flucuate.

Anyway, it's all in the same area.

Good work!

I have worked with foreign currencies for decades. No conversion matches various amounts to the cent by coincidence. This instance the Guest Amount paid matched to the cent and each amount paid the TA over the last year was even dollars - If you tried a thousand times to make that come out right you couldn't do it.

Even tweaking a conversion to match to the cent is tricky... the dollars AND cents match EXACTLY. It is not a conversion issue. I am 100% percent certain.

I have worked with foreign currencies for decades. No conversion matches various amounts to the cent by coincidence. This instance the Guest Amount paid matched to the cent and each amount paid the TA over the last year was even dollars - If you tried a thousand times to make that come out right you couldn't do it.

Even tweaking a conversion to match to the cent is tricky... the dollars AND cents match EXACTLY. It is not a conversion issue. I am 100% percent certain.

Ok, let us know how you make out you TA. I tried.......:(

I am sure the NCL record site posted everything in dollars in the past, but when you use the UK website link for the finale, I believe it figures and shows the bottom line in pounds.... It is after all a British website page you are using. Does the American site show different figures?

Thanks for your input here but this is NOT a conversion thing.

OUR DEPOSIT WAS EXACTLY $500.

This is from the Seaweb site. Did any of your conversions have no cents?

CC 06/19/2008 500.00 USD

This is also cut and pasted from the Seaweb site:

Guest Total 1,346.30 1,346.30 2,692.60

These THREE amounts are the exact amount we paid individually for the cruise AND times two. ALL THREE CENTS ARE EXACT - right to the Visa bill. Does NOT happen with conversions.

Thank you for the input but you are wrong about this supposition.

Archived