Come on CC Come Thruuuu Part Deux

Granted. The meaning of some numbers are ambigous. I am not privy to the ins and out of their accounting systems... I know from experience that accountants have their own little ways of doing things and that their goal is to have the columns always add up right - not have the line items make sense individually in the process.

On the other hand, so MANY of the numbers ARE perfectly clear.

Oh my.... I just realized you own McDonalds.

I mean...the first letter of both your names matches EXACTLY. The rest of the letters, granted have some discrepancies, but I don't know exactly how graphic designers kern their letters, I just know that they try to make them readable in a left-to-right format....but the M.... that's EERIE how they both start EXACTLY the same way.

You MUST own it. Or maybe Ray Krok pocketed your shares without telling you?

This officially qualifies as THE most absurd thread I've ever read on this board.

I know Griller said he's not going to read this thread anymore, so I won't post this for his sake, but for Clare's.

Clare, I apologize for his hateful and demeaning posts.

I hope it all works out for you in the end.

Lori, Thanks for that. I have grown a bit of a CC thick skin and instead of my 'dander' getting up I pity the poor souls who have that venom in them - directed toward somebody who has done them no harm and in my case who is just asking questions and trying to get answers from veterans. I try to defend other posters against personal attacks (because saying nothing IS saying something) and really appreciate your doing so for me.

Clare:

No, I didn't get a commission in addition to the mark up of the consolidator tickets. There was no "double dipping". OF COURSE NOT! I DIDN'T DOUBT IT FOR A SECOND! THIS IS THE AMERICAN WAY. I APPLAUD YOU. BUT YOU CAN SEE THAT THIS IS NOT THE CASE IN MY SITUATION. IT IS CLEAR TO ME THAT HE IS GETTING NOT ONLY A COMMISSION ON THE $849 BUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT I PAID, AS WELL ($360 PP). I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE COMMISSION IS BUT I'D GUESS THAT HIS TAKE ON MY FARE IS IN THE $500 RANGE? ($360 + ?). NINE CABINS?

I can't comment on the "Guest Total" lines on the Seaweb site. I WISH YOU WOULD AS A FORMER TA BECAUSE IT IS CLEAR TO ME THAT THAT INDICATES THAT THAT IS THE AMOUNT NCL EXPECTS THE GUEST TO PAY. All I can do is note that some people have reported it to be correct for their reservations, while others have reported it to be incorrect. That, coupled with the fact that it is not intended for use by US residents leads me to believe that the information there can't be relied upon as accurate. Why? I don't know. Perhaps it's accurate for individual bookings, but not for group bookings? HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE PDF? IF NOT, PLEASE PLEASE LOOK. I THINK YOU WILL AGREE WITH ME IF YOU LOOK.

What I do know is that NCL's price for a BC cabin on your cruise was $1,239, not $849, when I checked last night. THE ONLINE PRICE IS INCONSEQUENTIAL. MOOT. I'M TAKING SPECIFICALLY ABOUT WHAT I PAID HIM AND WHAT HE PAID NCL AFTER CLEARLY REPRESENTING TO ME THAT THE PRICE I WAS PAYING WAS THE COMMISSIONABLE FARE, NON COMMISSIONABLE FARE AND TAXES AND FEES.

... One thought would be part of it could be the $12 a day prepaid gratuity i.e. 2 people at 7 day cruise at 5 cabins = $840 THIS WOULD SEEM TO BE POSSIBLY PLAUSIBLE IF THE NUMBERS DID NOT MATCH EXACTLY - $780 IN THREE PLACES - NOT $840.... I would think they would need to book another cruise just to recover. FROM YOUR FINGERTIPS TO GOD'S EARS LOL.

... NCL send those invoices to the TA if the booking was made through a TA.

So, having said that what clare needs is copies of those invoices. AM I ENTITLED TO RECEIVE THAT INVOICE? DOES HE HAVE TO GIVE IT TO ME IF I ASK FOR THEM? It is only when Clare has copies of those invoices in her hands that she can clearly see what exactly is going on. THAT WOULD SOLVE THIS WHOLE THING IN A HEARTBEAT... I SUSPECT HE WILL HOLD ON PRETTY TIGHT TO IT, HOWEVER SINCE I'M CERTAIN IT PROVES MY POINT - THAT HE OWES US A GREAT DEAL OF MONEY.

Regarding the seaweb site....It only shows the cruise price as being the final price I negotiated. I STRONGLY SUSPECT THAT WHEN THE INFO ON SEAWEB DOES NOT SEEM TO MATCH UP WITH THE CRUISER'S INFO THE REASON IS CLEAR TO NCL AND/OR THE TA. ACCOUNTING IS SOMETIMES COMPLICATED. SOMETIMES IT IS NOT.

What Clare is seeing on the site is 2 totally different sets of pricing for her cruise which, quite understandably, she doesn't get. Neither do I and it is for that reason she is concerned. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. YOU OBVIOUSLY LOOKED AT THE PDF FILE FOR WHICH I AM GRATEFUL.

What I think we all would like to know is which of those amounts is indeed the correct one and why. This is what the ncl invoices that the TA has shows and it is only when that is known that we will discover whether this is all a misunderstanding or whether Clare has discovered the TA pulling a fast one.

JEAN, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE TIME YOU OBVIOUSLY SPENT LOOKING AT THE DETAILS. THIS IS NOT A 'BIG PICTURE' 'SOUND BYTE (BITE?)' THING. IT'S IN THE DETAILS WHICH IS HARD ON CC...

Jean

I just realized this is not an individual booking,but a group. If the TA can add more people to this sailing he can lump them into the group and get an even better price.

Steve

I REFUSE TO RESPOND TO A POSTER WHO SPEWS VENOM HOWEVER FOR THE SAKE OF OTHERS READING: YES, A GROUP. THE POINT IS THAT WE ARE ENTITLED TO THE DIFFERENCE IN FARE.

If you are the TA, do you not call back a $10,000+ client?

They probably did and she did not like the answer. The more I think about it, did she not state that they were getting OBC per cabin and wine or something? Thats a perk for groups.The TA may be getting a cabin for free if there are enoung people.

Steve

AGAIN NOT AS A RESPONSE TO VENOM BUT FOR OTHERS READING:

I HAVE NOT EVEN ASKED THE QUESTION YET BECAUSE THE TA HAS BEEN UNAVAILABLE TO ME AND TO THE BRIDE. THE TA DID, HOWEVER SPEAK TO THE MOTHER OF THE GROOM (I'VE ONLY MET HER A FEW TIMES) 31 DAYS OUT THAT THERE WAS NO FARE REDUCTION.

... Like everyone has said you need to call your TA and ask for an explaination. WILL DRIVE DOWN THERE MONDAY.

Did you get group perks? Do you have more then 8 cabins? THE BRIDE CHOSE $50 PER CABIN OBC PLUS A BOTTLE OF WINE PER CABIN (9 CABINS) TO BE AT HER WEDDING DINNER.

Please come back and tell us what the outcome is. YOU BECHA.

I'd like everyone to think about the following and decide for yourselves if it makes sense... AGAIN, DID YOU LOOK AT THE PDF? IT IS PERFECTLY CLEAR. I DON'T KNOW THE INS AND OUT AND THE TIMING OR IMPETUS FOR THE CHANGE BUT THE NUMBERS AND DATES ARE CLEAR AS CRYSTAL.

Is the OP sure? Did they watch it everyday?

I will say if the OP did over pay the cruise line would return the money to the credit card. EXCEPT THE TA IS IN THE MIDDLE. I do not think the cruise line would write a check to the TA. I DON'T KNOW THE NUANCES OF THIS SYSTEM...

I guess we all should wait for the OP to call the TA and get an answer.

I guess you do not like that we are speculating. I DON'T MIND THE SPECULATING. THIS THREAD HAS HELPED ME A GREAT DEAL TO TEAR AWAY THE SUPERFLUOUS DETAILS AND FOCUS ON THE GUTS OF THE MATTER. I GET 'FIRED UP' IN TENSE SITUATIONS AND IT IS A GREAT HELP FOR ME TO HAVE MY DUCKS IN A ROW, PRINTED OUT AND IN FRONT OF ME WHEN ARGUING A POINT. SO THANKS.

I have been watching this thread silently since the first post, and am waiting for her trip to the TA today. OH WELL. MONDAY IT IS, HOPEFULLY. I pray to God THANK YOU she gets a satisfactory answer, and can get on to just plain enjoying the cruise, and the wedding party. AN EXCELLENT PLAN!!!!! THIS IS SUCH A DISTRACTION FROM WHAT SHOULD BE A WONDERFUL 30 DAYS...

I have made it a firm rule to not look at prices after final payment, for a couple of reasons. First, I was satisfied with my price, and choice of accommodation when I booked. Second, I have taken advantage of NCL or XXX cruise line's policy to reduce my cost if the price went down, prior to final (provided I brought it to their attention). I WILL REITERATE AGAIN. I DON'T CARE IF THE PRICE ON THE WEB GOES DOWN TO $100 PP. GOOD FOR ANYBODY WHO GETS A BARGAIN. I'M HAPPY FOR THEM. I'VE BEEN BOOKED FOR A YEAR AND DID LOOK FOR FARE DROPS DURING THAT TIME BUT TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THE FINAL PAYMENT / FARE DROP THING. FINAL PAYMENT = DONE DEAL. I GET THAT.

I AM NOT TALKING INTERNET PRICING HERE - I AM TALKING SPECIFICALLY ABOUT MY PARTICULAR RESERVATION (AND THOSE IN MY GROUP). PLEASE LOOK AT THE PDF.

The above being said, it is obvious to me, the TA has not given this group the attention it deserves. THIS WAS CLEAR FROM MY VERY FIRST CALL TO HIM ASKING ABOUT OTHER OTHER DISCREPANCIES. I STOPPED ASKING HIM FOR ANYTHING UNLESS HE WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT COULD HELP I.E. FRIDGE, GROUP AMENITY POINT ALLOCATION, ETC. I would demand that which was promised, and paid for, and would damn them to hell, if it wasn't delivered. THAT'S A BIT HARSH - HELL, I MEAN BUT EACH OF US WILL HAVE AN ULTIMATE RECKONING DAY AND ANSWER FOR OUR ACTIONS HERE ON EARTH.

... This officially qualifies as THE most absurd thread I've ever read on this board. FREE WILL IS A BEAUTIFUL THING - FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS THREAD. REALLY. I WOULDN'T MIND A BIT!.[/quote]

Once again, thanks to you all - except of course for the venom.

Clare

I don't think, from the comments posted that I explained this very well.

The GUEST TOTAL number (directly copied and pasted DIRECTLY from the NCL site https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/sw/ConsumerIndex.do - No - Zero - Nada supposition) went from 2,692.60 to 1,912.60 for a $780 difference (times 5).

THESE ARE NOT INTERNET NUMBERS/FARES/TOTALS - THEY ARE THE ACTUAL TOTALS FROM MY RESERVATION/RECORD/INVOICE!

April 23rd https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/sw/ConsumerIndex.do

VOYAGE FARE including NON-COMM FARE 1,239.00 1,239.00 2,478.00

- Non-commissionable fare 165.00 165.00 330.00

FUEL SUPPLEMENT 0.00 0.00 0.00

GOVERNMENT TAX 107.30 107.30 214.60

Guest Total 1,346.30 1,346.30 2,692.60

Promo Code Promo Name

DMPP6 LATITUDES PROMO

PGWAVE Wave Campaign

May 6th https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/sw/ConsumerIndex.do

VOYAGE FARE including NON-COMM FARE 849.00849.00 1,698.00

- Non-commissionable fare 165.00 165.00 330.00

FUEL SUPPLEMENT 0.00 0.00 0.00

GOVERNMENT TAX 107.30 107.30 214.60

Guest Total 956.30 956.30 1,912.60

Promo Code Promo Name

TGFSP FSP- FIT - A/S

IN RESPONSE TO CC COMMENTS:

This has nothing to do with how much the person in the next balcony paid compared to me... I understand that very well and accept it. On my last cruise the woman next to me paid 1/3 of my fare and I was happy for her. Really! I love a bargain. What I don't like is being played for a sucker. It has nothing to do with what the price might be tomorrow or next week. It has EVERYTHING to do with the Guest Total THAT I PAID decreasing by $780 yet seeing not a cent. It as though there was no decrease at all for me. I am not looking at a price difference on line or in a brochure - I'm looking at the price difference between what I paid to the TA for the cruise and what HE paid for MY cruise - remember, he is getting a commission - I do not think he is eligible to pocket the fare reduction. This has nothing to do with REMAINING cabins... only MY cabin.

What I'm fervently hoping for is a CC-er to tell me that I am, indeed due this difference - that he cannot simply pocket it in a clandestine manner.

You have been trying to do too much for too long and are now feeling overwhelmed is my thought. Keep your focus on your wedding; the rest of the stuff will work itself out. Best wishes.:)

What amount were you charged on your credit card? I have used a TA many times and I give her my cc# which she in turn gives to NCL and it shows up as a charge from NCL not the travel agency.I have read on these boards that you should never pay the TA directly and expect them to pay the cruise line.I hope you didn't do that.

PS.I have used the seaweb site for years and it has always matched what I paid.When you book with a TA you can't get the detailed info on the NCL site but you can with seaweb.I have never told my TA about it but I do like to go there and check on my booking myself.:rolleyes:

You have been trying to do too much for too long and are now feeling overwhelmed is my thought. Keep your focus on your wedding; the rest of the stuff will work itself out. Best wishes.:)

Unless I've REALLY missed soemthing here....it isn't her wedding.

She keeps referring to "the bride" did this, and "the bride" did that.... so I'm pretty sure she's not the bride.

I DID read your PDF, and still think it's inconsequential.

Look at it this way:

I buy a car. I agree to a price with the dealer based DIRECTLY on his invoice price....say 5% over invoice. Later, I somehow stumble on the fact that the dealer got a bonus for selling so many cars in a month, and the bonus was $780 per car.

That's the dealer's bonus, not mine.

No, I actually haven't found it that interesting at all. I'm going to quote what Clare said to you one more time:

NO, I DON'T KNOW WHEN IT DROPPED BUT IT WAS AFTER FINAL PAYMENT

The key words are "It Was After Final Payment". Her words...not yours, not mine, not subject to interpretation.

And I will tell you what Clare SHOULD have written (from what her description of the occurance was):

I don't know when it dropped but I found out about the price drop after I made my final payment to the TA.

You are taking what Clare wrote in one statement and completely ignoring all of the other information she has supplied.

CG

I'd like everyone to think about the following and decide for yourselves if it makes sense.

After final payment has been made for a cruise, the cruise line is in a generous mood and decides to lower the price $400 per passenger and credit that money to the travel agent.

Does anyone who has been in any type of business for longer than 15 seconds, or has even a modicum of common sense really think that is going to happen? After losing money for years, did NCL suddenly make a $4 billion profit last quarter, so it decided it can afford to rebate back 30% of the cost of a fully paid cruise to the travel agent? Not only that, it's giving back that money while continuing to charge the higher price to passengers making new bookings?

Of course that makes no sense. And that's not what happened. Try this scenario:

Clare calls a TA and the TA gives her a pricing on a cruise for X amount of cabins. Clare books those cabins for that price. She has an invoice from the TA showing that she owes X dollars by a X date. That date approaches and she pays the TA the X dollars that is on her invoice. Now the TA has to pay the bill to NCL and when he/she goes to pay it, surprise.......they find that NCL has lowered the price of that category of cabins. So the TA calls NCL, gets the lower price assigned, pays NCL the lower price and puts the rest in their pocket.

And Clare had no idea until after she made her final payment and stumbled across the invoice at the UK website. But now she does and she's mad. As I said before Clare didn't KNOW about the price decrease until after she made her final payment, but that doesn't mean that it didn't happen well before she paid that payment to the sly TA.

CG

I am far less concerned as to the money she is going crazy about. This was a group booking, for a very special occasion, and the TA should be on top of all the details. Anyone in the TA's office should be able to pull up the details concerning who is in the group, who is getting wine, who is getting OBC's etc.. I believe the TA got a windfall, and it is theirs if they choose to keep it (not very honorable or customer friendly, but probably legal). For me, it sounds like not even the commision was earned, based upon the service rendered.

Al

Of course that makes no sense. And that's not what happened. Try this scenario:

Clare calls a TA and the TA gives her a pricing on a cruise for X amount of cabins. Clare books those cabins for that price. She has an invoice from the TA showing that she owes X dollars by a X date. That date approaches and she pays the TA the X dollars that is on her invoice. Now the TA has to pay the bill to NCL and when he/she goes to pay it, surprise.......they find that NCL has lowered the price of that category of cabins. So the TA calls NCL, gets the lower price assigned, pays NCL the lower price and puts the rest in their pocket.

And Clare had no idea until after she made her final payment and stumbled across the invoice at the UK website. But now she does and she's mad. As I said before Clare didn't KNOW about the price decrease until after she made her final payment, but that doesn't mean that it didn't happen well before she paid that payment to the sly TA.

CG

Cute story, but who lets the TA take final payment? I don't ever recall a TA charging the final to my credit card.I also don't ever recall seeing a charge from a TA for even the deposit.I have read horror stories about the TA taking the money and those customers get whats coming to them for even letting that happen after reading what went down.

I asked the OP in an earlier post who was the charge made by..the TA or the cruiseline and the OP ignored me so we know what the answer was,the cruiseline.

Steve

[/b][/color]

I REFUSE TO RESPOND TO A POSTER WHO SPEWS VENOM HOWEVER FOR THE SAKE OF OTHERS READING: YES, A GROUP. THE POINT IS THAT WE ARE ENTITLED TO THE DIFFERENCE IN FARE.

... This officially qualifies as THE most absurd thread I've ever read on this board. FREE WILL IS A BEAUTIFUL THING - FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS THREAD. REALLY. I WOULDN'T MIND A BIT!.[/quote]

Once again, thanks to you all - except of course for the venom.

Clare

I try an be somewhat civil,but when a posting is refered to as venom,well,

the most absurb thread is this one now.Just because you are not getting your way and don't like the answers you start to state postings are venom?What are you 12 years old?

You desperately want someone to agree with you and then you take it as gospel, when in your head, you assume that someone did agree with you when if you read that posting they did not agree with you but verified that their rates are the same.Your running around in wedding fantasy land like no one else has ever gotten married.:rolleyes:

Gripping about luggage weights because of decorations,ect,ect.

I for one don't care at all and I doubt whatever you post about the resolution will not be true as it will verify what many others are and have been trying to tell you.

So your BIG TA agency does not have a manager who you could talk to?You use the word minion,try the word manager and you might have gotten an answer but now you are going to wait until Monday?:rolleyes:

Steve

OMG Claire, I just made it through this post and hope you get to the bottom of this. If you feel like you were swindled contact the State Atty General. One call from them can do wonders. Also, please don't let this ruin your wonderful vacation. If the TA negotiated better prices, they should not pocket all the profit. I wonder if NCL limits the commission a TA can charge?

One more note. This is why I book directly with the cruise line. Our first cruise we booked through a TA and it was kind of a hassle to get the fare reductions that RCCL allows right up until sailing. I had to push the TA to do it. After that I decided I would rather deal directly and haven't looked back. I know you can get some better prices through TA's but I prefer to control my booking. Does not help your current situation but in the future it is something to consider.

Unless I've REALLY missed soemthing here....it isn't her wedding.

She keeps referring to "the bride" did this, and "the bride" did that.... so I'm pretty sure she's not the bride.

I DID read your PDF, and still think it's inconsequential.

Look at it this way:

I buy a car. I agree to a price with the dealer based DIRECTLY on his invoice price....say 5% over invoice. Later, I somehow stumble on the fact that the dealer got a bonus for selling so many cars in a month, and the bonus was $780 per car.

That's the dealer's bonus, not mine.

You are wrong. She is the bride. She's been posting for months.

Yes, she's been posting for months but she is the aunt and her niece is the bride.;):)

Oh my gosh, I'm getting dementia...or the medications are doing a number. I could have sworn she was the bride.:o:o

I've never seen an aunt be so nervous.

I asked the OP in an earlier post who was the charge made by..the TA or the cruiseline and the OP ignored me so we know what the answer was,the cruiseline.

Steve

And if that is the case, then you are 100% correct. If Clare has a credit card charge directly from NCL for the amount of her original invoice, then she doesn't have a leg to stand one...she paid NCL what was due.

CG

Oh my gosh, I'm getting dementia...or the medications are doing a number. I could have sworn she was the bride.:o:o

I've never seen an aunt be so nervous.

No, you do not have dementia! LOL When I first starting reading her posts, I thought that Clare was the bride too. But she's not...she's just the family member who volunteered to organize this whole trip to make it easy on the bride. :)

CG

Steve

Not necessarily, it could have been an oversight in not answering.

You're now jumping to an uncertain conclusion.;)

No, you do not have dementia! LOL When I first starting reading her posts, I thought that Clare was the bride too. But she's not...she's just the family member who volunteered to organize this whole trip to make it easy on the bride. :)

CG

Thank you for the kind words, CG! I hope it all works out for them.

I know Griller said he's not going to read this thread anymore, so I won't post this for his sake, but for Clare's.

Clare, I apologize for his hateful and demeaning posts.

I hope it all works out for you in the end.

Lori, Thanks for that. I have grown a bit of a CC thick skin and instead of my 'dander' getting up I pity the poor souls who have that venom in them - directed toward somebody who has done them no harm and in my case who is just asking questions and trying to get answers from veterans. I try to defend other posters against personal attacks (because saying nothing IS saying something) and really appreciate your doing so for me.

Clare:

No, I didn't get a commission in addition to the mark up of the consolidator tickets. There was no "double dipping". OF COURSE NOT! I DIDN'T DOUBT IT FOR A SECOND! THIS IS THE AMERICAN WAY. I APPLAUD YOU. BUT YOU CAN SEE THAT THIS IS NOT THE CASE IN MY SITUATION. IT IS CLEAR TO ME THAT HE IS GETTING NOT ONLY A COMMISSION ON THE $849 BUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT I PAID, AS WELL ($360 PP). I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE COMMISSION IS BUT I'D GUESS THAT HIS TAKE ON MY FARE IS IN THE $500 RANGE? ($360 + ?). NINE CABINS?

I can't comment on the "Guest Total" lines on the Seaweb site. I WISH YOU WOULD AS A FORMER TA BECAUSE IT IS CLEAR TO ME THAT THAT INDICATES THAT THAT IS THE AMOUNT NCL EXPECTS THE GUEST TO PAY. All I can do is note that some people have reported it to be correct for their reservations, while others have reported it to be incorrect. That, coupled with the fact that it is not intended for use by US residents leads me to believe that the information there can't be relied upon as accurate. Why? I don't know. Perhaps it's accurate for individual bookings, but not for group bookings? HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE PDF? IF NOT, PLEASE PLEASE LOOK. I THINK YOU WILL AGREE WITH ME IF YOU LOOK.

What I do know is that NCL's price for a BC cabin on your cruise was $1,239, not $849, when I checked last night. THE ONLINE PRICE IS INCONSEQUENTIAL. MOOT. I'M TAKING SPECIFICALLY ABOUT WHAT I PAID HIM AND WHAT HE PAID NCL AFTER CLEARLY REPRESENTING TO ME THAT THE PRICE I WAS PAYING WAS THE COMMISSIONABLE FARE, NON COMMISSIONABLE FARE AND TAXES AND FEES.

... One thought would be part of it could be the $12 a day prepaid gratuity i.e. 2 people at 7 day cruise at 5 cabins = $840 THIS WOULD SEEM TO BE POSSIBLY PLAUSIBLE IF THE NUMBERS DID NOT MATCH EXACTLY - $780 IN THREE PLACES - NOT $840.... I would think they would need to book another cruise just to recover. FROM YOUR FINGERTIPS TO GOD'S EARS LOL.

... NCL send those invoices to the TA if the booking was made through a TA.

So, having said that what clare needs is copies of those invoices. AM I ENTITLED TO RECEIVE THAT INVOICE? DOES HE HAVE TO GIVE IT TO ME IF I ASK FOR THEM? It is only when Clare has copies of those invoices in her hands that she can clearly see what exactly is going on. THAT WOULD SOLVE THIS WHOLE THING IN A HEARTBEAT... I SUSPECT HE WILL HOLD ON PRETTY TIGHT TO IT, HOWEVER SINCE I'M CERTAIN IT PROVES MY POINT - THAT HE OWES US A GREAT DEAL OF MONEY.

Regarding the seaweb site....It only shows the cruise price as being the final price I negotiated. I STRONGLY SUSPECT THAT WHEN THE INFO ON SEAWEB DOES NOT SEEM TO MATCH UP WITH THE CRUISER'S INFO THE REASON IS CLEAR TO NCL AND/OR THE TA. ACCOUNTING IS SOMETIMES COMPLICATED. SOMETIMES IT IS NOT.

What Clare is seeing on the site is 2 totally different sets of pricing for her cruise which, quite understandably, she doesn't get. Neither do I and it is for that reason she is concerned. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. YOU OBVIOUSLY LOOKED AT THE PDF FILE FOR WHICH I AM GRATEFUL.

What I think we all would like to know is which of those amounts is indeed the correct one and why. This is what the ncl invoices that the TA has shows and it is only when that is known that we will discover whether this is all a misunderstanding or whether Clare has discovered the TA pulling a fast one.

JEAN, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE TIME YOU OBVIOUSLY SPENT LOOKING AT THE DETAILS. THIS IS NOT A 'BIG PICTURE' 'SOUND BYTE (BITE?)' THING. IT'S IN THE DETAILS WHICH IS HARD ON CC...

Jean

I just realized this is not an individual booking,but a group. If the TA can add more people to this sailing he can lump them into the group and get an even better price.

Steve

If you are the TA, do you not call back a $10,000+ client?

They probably did and she did not like the answer. The more I think about it, did she not state that they were getting OBC per cabin and wine or something? Thats a perk for groups.The TA may be getting a cabin for free if there are enoung people.

Steve

AGAIN NOT AS A RESPONSE TO VENOM BUT FOR OTHERS READING:

I HAVE NOT EVEN ASKED THE QUESTION YET BECAUSE THE TA HAS BEEN UNAVAILABLE TO ME AND TO THE BRIDE. THE TA DID, HOWEVER SPEAK TO THE MOTHER OF THE GROOM (I'VE ONLY MET HER A FEW TIMES) 31 DAYS OUT THAT THERE WAS NO FARE REDUCTION.

... Like everyone has said you need to call your TA and ask for an explaination. WILL DRIVE DOWN THERE MONDAY.

Did you get group perks? Do you have more then 8 cabins? THE BRIDE CHOSE $50 PER CABIN OBC PLUS A BOTTLE OF WINE PER CABIN (9 CABINS) TO BE AT HER WEDDING DINNER.

Please come back and tell us what the outcome is. YOU BECHA.

I'd like everyone to think about the following and decide for yourselves if it makes sense... AGAIN, DID YOU LOOK AT THE PDF? IT IS PERFECTLY CLEAR. I DON'T KNOW THE INS AND OUT AND THE TIMING OR IMPETUS FOR THE CHANGE BUT THE NUMBERS AND DATES ARE CLEAR AS CRYSTAL.

Is the OP sure? Did they watch it everyday?

I will say if the OP did over pay the cruise line would return the money to the credit card. EXCEPT THE TA IS IN THE MIDDLE. I do not think the cruise line would write a check to the TA. I DON'T KNOW THE NUANCES OF THIS SYSTEM...

I guess we all should wait for the OP to call the TA and get an answer.

I guess you do not like that we are speculating. I DON'T MIND THE SPECULATING. THIS THREAD HAS HELPED ME A GREAT DEAL TO TEAR AWAY THE SUPERFLUOUS DETAILS AND FOCUS ON THE GUTS OF THE MATTER. I GET 'FIRED UP' IN TENSE SITUATIONS AND IT IS A GREAT HELP FOR ME TO HAVE MY DUCKS IN A ROW, PRINTED OUT AND IN FRONT OF ME WHEN ARGUING A POINT. SO THANKS.

I have been watching this thread silently since the first post, and am waiting for her trip to the TA today. OH WELL. MONDAY IT IS, HOPEFULLY. I pray to God THANK YOU she gets a satisfactory answer, and can get on to just plain enjoying the cruise, and the wedding party. AN EXCELLENT PLAN!!!!! THIS IS SUCH A DISTRACTION FROM WHAT SHOULD BE A WONDERFUL 30 DAYS...

I have made it a firm rule to not look at prices after final payment, for a couple of reasons. First, I was satisfied with my price, and choice of accommodation when I booked. Second, I have taken advantage of NCL or XXX cruise line's policy to reduce my cost if the price went down, prior to final (provided I brought it to their attention). I WILL REITERATE AGAIN. I DON'T CARE IF THE PRICE ON THE WEB GOES DOWN TO $100 PP. GOOD FOR ANYBODY WHO GETS A BARGAIN. I'M HAPPY FOR THEM. I'VE BEEN BOOKED FOR A YEAR AND DID LOOK FOR FARE DROPS DURING THAT TIME BUT TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THE FINAL PAYMENT / FARE DROP THING. FINAL PAYMENT = DONE DEAL. I GET THAT.

I AM NOT TALKING INTERNET PRICING HERE - I AM TALKING SPECIFICALLY ABOUT MY PARTICULAR RESERVATION (AND THOSE IN MY GROUP). PLEASE LOOK AT THE PDF.

The above being said, it is obvious to me, the TA has not given this group the attention it deserves. THIS WAS CLEAR FROM MY VERY FIRST CALL TO HIM ASKING ABOUT OTHER OTHER DISCREPANCIES. I STOPPED ASKING HIM FOR ANYTHING UNLESS HE WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT COULD HELP I.E. FRIDGE, GROUP AMENITY POINT ALLOCATION, ETC. I would demand that which was promised, and paid for, and would damn them to hell, if it wasn't delivered. THAT'S A BIT HARSH - HELL, I MEAN BUT EACH OF US WILL HAVE AN ULTIMATE RECKONING DAY AND ANSWER FOR OUR ACTIONS HERE ON EARTH.

Once again, thanks to you all - except, of course for the venom. I am having internet issues I had to go to a friend's house. I saw more venom posted but didn't bother to read it so if that post(s) contained pertinent question and somebody else wants to know the answer ask away.

All of the charges for the trip are on my cabin-mate's (the mother of the bride) Visa... I have a call into her to look at her bill... that was an excellent question that I didn't even think of! I just ASSumed she had paid the TA and not NCL... Hoping I'm 95% sure that is the case but will find out for sure shortly. I guess if NCL charged the money I made an a** of myself :eek: with this whole thing.

When the cruise was being planned a yearish ago I just said "Yup, I'm in. How much?" The bride, my niece handled all of those details and only asked my help when the s*** began hitting the fan. Had no idea it would blossom into such a project or that an issue such as this would arise.

Again, thank you all - especially the very nice posts (even if you disagree or think I'm nuts)!

Clare

p.s. Some wonderful news today! A very good friend :D who didn't think he could cruise booked yesterday. What a GREAT surprise! It is especially great that he booked directly with NCL!

Archived