Come on CC Come Thruuuu Part Deux

MY HEAD'S ABOUT TO EXPLODE!

I tried overnight to do mock reservations in various ways using that promo code... nothing. Not recognized. I've been checking the prices daily (for folks who are waiting for a bargain fare) and the price for the BC cabing did not change in the last two or so weeks. Of course, I didn't have any promo codes to enter... so that's not a 100% indicator of anything.

HOWEVER, the BF category has been $849 for the same couple of weeks... Hmmm. That's what the 'new' fare is...

But on my E-Docs it says "STATEROOM NO: 10106 LOCATION: Deck 10 / FWD" which I found odd but CC-ers eased my mind.

It's not possible that he did a switch-a-roo and moved us from BC to BF, is there? The original cabin number wouldn't show on the E-Docs if that were the case? Would it? The bottom of the GTY barrel is Forward, isn't it? My cabin is behind the midline - it could either be called amidships or in a pinch aft, but NEVER Forward. Is the $849 just a coincidence?

Also, in my near hysteria I misfigured the math in my original post:

$1,239 pp times 10 people = $12,390 (5 balcony cabins - the rest are a mixed bag)

$849 times 10 people = $8,490

($390 times 10 people)

The difference being $3,900 (in his pocket) not $1,950 as I posted in hysterics. (I could never do math tired or excited.)

I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE ANY INSIGHT YOU CC-ERS/TA's CAN GIVE ME.

Thanks so much. (I hear birds chirping - not one wink!) I don't know what I'd do without CC!

If you have made final payment and are after the cutoff date for final payment then whether the price goes up or down should not be your concern, not even a good idea to look at it IMHO.

You won't get an adjustment of the price or a refund. Sometimes if you booked through NCL PCC directly they might just get you an upgrade if there are better cabins still unsold.

If this bothers you then next time try what we often do and wait until a few days before sailing to book.

Of course you probably won't get the best cabins, cabins in the same area for your group, or maybe ANY cabin at all but you MAY pay less.

Presumably you were happy with the cost when you booked the cruise? So be happy now as well.

Just because NCL are forced into having a firesale on some unsold cabins they don't want to stay vacant is not a good reason for them having to refund every passenger. If they do it for you then they have to it for everyone, you are not a special case unless there is something you have not mentioned.

They would go bust doing that and isn't that the very last thing we all want?

I too am perplexed as to where you seem to have come to the conclusion that since the remaining cabins after the final payment date have been reduced in price that this is some sort of entitlement to a reduction in YOUR contract???? This has never been a policy of NCL.

You are certainly entitled to ASK your travel agent or NCL to do something for you, but they are certainly not required to by any means...

I paid him $1,239 and he paid NCL $849 and he keeps the difference?

I guess I was a little confused by your first post. Are you saying that you paid your TA $1239 for your cabin however your edocs states that the price was $849?

If that is the case, then you need to call your TA ASAP and get him to explain the $390 difference. Did you buy travel insurance and this is the difference?

If you contact your travel agent they may be able to persuade NCL to give some more OBCs, or a higher category cabin if available. But after final payment, NCL is not obligated to match lower prices in their attempt to fill the ship.

Similar to a sale at any department store. If you buy a product at full price, and they run that product on sale as a loss leader several months later, you wouldn't expect them to refund you the difference.

You bought a cruise several months ago before final payment, and now you want the fire sale clearance price? I don't know of any business that intends to survive for any length of time honoring the lower clearance price to purchasers several months earlier....

The key is the final payment date for cruise lines. They will honor lower prices up to the final payment date, not afterwards. Those who book early get the choicest cabins, those who book late get the leftover cabins.

MY HEAD'S ABOUT TO EXPLODE!

But on my E-Docs it says "STATEROOM NO: 10106 LOCATION: Deck 10 / FWD" which I found odd but CC-ers eased my mind.

It's not possible that he did a switch-a-roo and moved us from BC to BF, is there? The original cabin number wouldn't show on the E-Docs if that were the case? Would it? The bottom of the GTY barrel is Forward, isn't it? My cabin is behind the midline - it could either be called amidships or in a pinch aft, but NEVER Forward. Is the $849 just a coincidence?

Clare, Like the others have said, the price you have when final payment is due is what you're stuck with. If by chance the price drops, you may get an upgrade, but that's all you can expect.

Just like any company, prices are lowered to sell inventory quickly. That has to be expected with NCL. I've read other cruise lines will honor a price drop up till sailing day, but that is even changing to some degree.

I looked at your cabin, and it is not at all FWD. It's common that it doesn't really match the area.

Once on Majesty, we were on deck 6 near the back of the ship, but our luggage tags still read FWD. So don't fret that. You have a great location.

Check your reservation online through NCL.com and see what the cabin number is. That's the true test.

You may be right, but I've never heard that FWD is the lowest of GTY. Some people LOVE FWD.

About your TA.. you know my opinion on him. I can't wait till you've cruised and you can hire a new TA or use a PCC.:)

First, if you go to the deck plan for your ship, you'll see that 10106 is a BC cabin, so no one one has switched anything on you.

Second...as has been explained to you already, the "FWD" and "AFT" designations are for purposes of baggage handling and not to designate the exact location of your cabin.

Third, you have a contract with the cruise line and travel agency, for a particular category of cabin at a specified price. Once final payment date has passed...which in your case was weeks ago, the cruise line is under no obligation to adjust its price downward. The agent doesn't receive the benefit of the difference in price, nor do you. If you were to cancel your booking and rebook at the lower price, the cancellation penalty would outweigh the price reduction and you would end up paying more than you are now.

What would you think if the cruise line had raised prices after you booked and paid for your cruise and then charged you the additional fare? You see they can't...the contract protects you against fare increases, just as

it protects the cruise line from having to give the reduction to passengers already booked and paid.

There are crew elevators that are not on the deck plans. They use different elevators to serve different decks, to speed up the process of distributing the luggage. The forward or aft designations on the luggage tags reflect which bank of elevators they are using for that deck....

Just to add to the fray here... If the price of the class of room you have goes down after booking, NCL usually does nothing, although they may upgrade you one or two classes (but in the same type, i.e. inside to inside) if that higher class went down to at or below what you paid. The only hope you have is if a higher category price goes down after booking, not your own category. Even then it takes a lot of persuasion.

That's what happened to me... I booked a KK GTY on Spirit for tomorrow (woo!) and got a J. When I saw BF GTYs were going for only $40 more pp two weeks ago, I called and asked for an upgrade and my TA said NCL told her "no, the price of his cabin has actually gone up not down, plus he was already upgraded from KK to J". So I said "ok, but your [my TA's] website is advertising BF GTYs for only $599 on my sailing, so is it possible to just pay the difference and uprgade to that". It took my TA 25 minutes (and apparently talking with 2 supervisors) to get NCL to agree to the upgrade. So, unless a penthouse or suite opened up at a price close to yours, don't bother looking at price drops, they will just give you buyer's remorse. I mean you can try fighting, like I did, but my situation was a little different.

But, on a positive note, when upgrading to a BF gty I wound up getting 10100 (only 3 rooms down from where you will be staying) and I can tell you it is a BC and right midship (some people even prefer this to Aft because the center has the least movement). I will post some pics of it next Saturday, so you can see what your room will look like (I haven't seen any non-promotional photos posted since dry dock).

And remember... you are going to love this cruise even if you spent more than somebody who booked last minute... Since your cruise is a wedding, you just have to accept that extra $3k as an investment in the peace of mind knowing you actually had the cruise booked early. You don't have the freedom to change your plans last minute in this instance.

I don't think, from the comments posted that I explained this very well.

The GUEST TOTAL number (directly copied and pasted DIRECTLY from the NCL site https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/sw/ConsumerIndex.do - No - Zero - Nada supposition) went from 2,692.60 to 1,912.60 for a $780 difference (times 5).

THESE ARE NOT INTERNET NUMBERS/FARES/TOTALS - THEY ARE THE ACTUAL TOTALS FROM MY RESERVATION/RECORD/INVOICE!

April 23rd https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/sw/ConsumerIndex.do

VOYAGE FARE including NON-COMM FARE 1,239.00 1,239.00 2,478.00

- Non-commissionable fare 165.00 165.00 330.00

FUEL SUPPLEMENT 0.00 0.00 0.00

GOVERNMENT TAX 107.30 107.30 214.60

Guest Total 1,346.30 1,346.30 2,692.60

Promo Code Promo Name

DMPP6 LATITUDES PROMO

PGWAVE Wave Campaign

May 6th https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/sw/ConsumerIndex.do

VOYAGE FARE including NON-COMM FARE 849.00 849.00 1,698.00

- Non-commissionable fare 165.00 165.00 330.00

FUEL SUPPLEMENT 0.00 0.00 0.00

GOVERNMENT TAX 107.30 107.30 214.60

Guest Total 956.30 956.30 1,912.60

Promo Code Promo Name

TGFSP FSP- FIT - A/S

IN RESPONSE TO CC COMMENTS:

This has nothing to do with how much the person in the next balcony paid compared to me... I understand that very well and accept it. On my last cruise the woman next to me paid 1/3 of my fare and I was happy for her. Really! I love a bargain. What I don't like is being played for a sucker. It has nothing to do with what the price might be tomorrow or next week. It has EVERYTHING to do with the Guest Total THAT I PAID decreasing by $780 yet seeing not a cent. It as though there was no decrease at all for me. I am not looking at a price difference on line or in a brochure - I'm looking at the price difference between what I paid to the TA for the cruise and what HE paid for MY cruise - remember, he is getting a commission - I do not think he is eligible to pocket the fare reduction. This has nothing to do with REMAINING cabins... only MY cabin.

What I'm fervently hoping for is a CC-er to tell me that I am, indeed due this difference - that he cannot simply pocket it in a clandestine manner.

What I'm fervently hoping for is a CC-er to tell me that I am, indeed due this difference - that he cannot simply pocket it in a clandestine manner.

What does your TA say? They must have an explanation of this difference.

The only person who could talk to me was the 'documents' guy who is sending out our "Welcome Aboards." I asked him for an updated 'invoice' that woudl show all the amounts and OBC, etc. but he cited the fact that they've moved over to a 'new system' and a lot of that information is unaailable and/or unreliable. The invoice he sent me was dated 2008.

I haven't spoken to somebody 'in the know' yet. If I can't by tomorrow I'll take the hour ride down there, AGAIN.

Has this happened to anybody else??? EVER??? What was the resolution?

I'd like to go in there tomorrow prepared with informaiton but so far I only have 'I thinks.'

I stupidly posted my 'story' in two halves - one hysterical verrry late and one a smidge less hysterical verrry early... Here the other half: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=981850

It sounds like something is wrong here. Also this is the second time I have clicked on the site you show you got this from and it comes up with being a site for the UK and other countries, nothing about the U.S.

I don't get where you are getting this information.

Have you talked directly to the TA and if so what did he say?

It sounds like something is wrong here. Also this is the second time I have clicked on the site you show you got this from and it comes up with being a site for the UK and other countries, nothing about the U.S.

I don't get where you are getting this information.

Have you talked directly to the TA and if so what did he say?

You just log in just like the regular MY NCL site - I saw the address on CC a long time ago. To get the detailed info click "printable summary' in the orange stripe down the left side.

I just did it for my niece's reservation to see if hers went down to 849 as well. I had no trouble getting on and hers is reduced, as well.

I think we posted at the same time - I spoke with a minion at the TA's office... am waiting to speak to somebody 'in the know.' Am also watiting for accurate invoices to see what they say.

But in the meantime I'd really like to know if he can just pocket this money or if we are due a refund!

You just log in just like the regular MY NCL site - I saw the address on CC a long time ago. To get the detailed info click "printable summary' in the orange stripe down the left side.

I just did it for my niece's reservation to see if hers went down to 849 as well. I had no trouble getting on and hers is reduced, as well.

I think we posted at the same time - I spoke with a minion at the TA's office... am waiting to speak to somebody 'in the know.' Am also watiting for accurate invoices to see what they say.

But in the meantime I'd really like to know if he can just pocket this money or if we are due a refund!

I could be way off base here as I don't know ANYTHING about that site, but I wouldn't trust it to be up to date with correct information. I just tried signing in and it shows me having a balance but I know my TA and NCL have me as paid in full. I think it is causing you more anxiety than it is helping you. Hopefully someone who knows how that site works will come and add more but in the meantime, I would not trust it.

ETA: It is clear on the log in page and have to select a country that it is not intended for US travelers and redirects us to the usual site.

I could be way off base here as I don't know ANYTHING about that site, but I wouldn't trust it to be up to date with correct information. I just tried signing in and it shows me having a balance but I know my TA and NCL have me as paid in full. I think it is causing you more anxiety than it is helping you. Hopefully someone who knows how that site works will come and add more but in the meantime, I would not trust it.

ETA: It is clear on the log in page and have to select a country that it is not intended for US travelers and redirects us to the usual site.

Bermuder, that's what I was going to say. I recall that the first time I used a TA I had the same thing happen. The price in seaweb reflected current NCL pricing, but not what I agreed to with my TA. In my case it showed my cruise as being far more than the price I'd gotten through the TA. I stopped worrying once I received my cruise docs!

I don't think what's in seaweb has anything to do with your contract with your TA...nor does it accurately reflect what the TA is paying to NCL...

JMO

I realize it shows a balance - not exactly sure of the ins and outs of it but it changed from balance due from the TA to a refund due to him - and the difference is the $780 difference in my fare. I'd guess it has to do with internal accounting between NCL and the TA... it doesn't matter.

The rest of the site is very clear and up to date... Mine shows the TA's payment history up to May 2nd.

If US folks were not 'allowed' in it would not allow us in.

The various payments we made and how, cabin, everything. Frankly if I hadn't looked at it back in April and seen that the fare was 1239 but had changed to 849 and the Guest Total changed from 2692 to 1912, I probably wouldn't have even noticed it. Information is a commodity these days - especially I've found in planning a cruise. I am grateful for this site and let me reiterate it is perfectly up to date.

I understand it perfectly but I need somebody to tell me I'm 'in the right.' That the fare difference doesn't not belong to the TA, it belongs to me and my group.

Can you see what the VOYAGE FARE including NON-COMM FARE line shows for you? Is it the fare you think you paid? I really hope you look! Please look.

Also, attached is the contents of seaweb. everything is exactly right that I can check. Everything.

Thanks.

Clare

SEWAWB-0423VS0506-LESSIDcc.pdf

I realize it shows a balance - not exactly sure of the ins and outs of it but it changed from balance due from the TA to a refund due to him - and the difference is the $780 difference in my fare. I'd guess it has to do with internal accounting between NCL and the TA... it doesn't matter.

The rest of the site is very clear and up to date... Mine shows the TA's payment history up to May 2nd.

If US folks were not 'allowed' in it would not allow us in.

The various payments we made and how, cabin, everything. Frankly if I hadn't looked at it back in April and seen that the fare was 1239 but had changed to 849 and the Guest Total changed from 2692 to 1912, I probably wouldn't have even noticed it. Information is a commodity these days - especially I've found in planning a cruise. I am grateful for this site and let me reiterate it is perfectly up to date.

I understand it perfectly but I need somebody to tell me I'm 'in the right.' That the fare difference doesn't not belong to the TA, it belongs to me and my group.

Can you see what the VOYAGE FARE including NON-COMM FARE line shows for you? Is it the fare you think you paid? I really hope you look! Please look.

Also, attached is the contents of seaweb. everything is exactly right that I can check. Everything.

Thanks.

Clare

Okay. I looked in the hope it will make you feel better. It bears no relation to what I have paid or should have paid or anything else. It shows a correct cruise and cabin, but all the money info is wrong. Am I worried? No, because that is NOT a site for US cruisers. Just because I CAN enter it doesn't mean it is intended for me. In fact, it clearly states that it is NOT intended for me.

I am very sorry, but you keep saying you just need someone to tell you that you are right and I can't do that since I don't have faith in the information you are using. All you can do is ensure that you pay only what you agreed to pay and get what they agreed to give you in return. The rest is a distraction, in my opinion.

were those false and true statements entered by you? I still don't understand it.

Again, have you spoken to the TA directly? is it someone you can go to and see? if so and if talking on the phone does not resolve this then take your printout with you and have them explain it all to you.

I did get into that site to see my own reservations and it is not very clear, the fares shown there are not the ones I am paying. So I assume fare reductions are not shown on there? Neither is OBC. which I think you stated earlier.

Of course I've been there. Registered there. Checked there EVERY since 60 for my E-Docs.

It simply has far less info than seaweb. It is obviously the same database it's just that SEAWEB'S 'printable summary' has a lot more info. For you, mbission I copied and pasted the MY NCL ifo into the doc with the seaweb info from april and may... it, of course matches. It is the same database. Hence the same username, password.

Isn't there anybody else out there that this has happened to?

Thx

Clare

SEWAWB-0423VS0506-LESSIDccc.pdf

I've done this for a living for decades. Gathered up as much info as possible, asked quesitons until I understood it and went from there.

I am showing you that this site had my EXACT CORRECT fare - the base plus and also the the EXACT DOLLAR AMOUNT I paid the TA - to the penny.

I'm telling you that the TA paid NCL $780 LESS for my cabin than I paid him. It is crysal clear.

I feel like I'm on top of a mountain screaming into the wind.

Archived