Stern Cabins on Solstace Classs Ships

rob linda

We Have booked the Eastern Med cruise on Eclipse 2010 sailing from Southmpton.

Please can anyone tell me what the Stern Balcony cabins are like.

Wesailed transatlantic on Ventura and had a stern balcony. It was fantastic. we are on Vista deck. Thanks in anticipation.

Bob

Have a look at the 'Solstice Cabin Information Compilation' sticky thread at the top of the forum - this has a list of many cabins (including the stern cabins) and the comments from those who have been in them. Go to the last page of the thread and work backwards until you find the most recent copy of mystick's file; then download that & open it.

However, I gather from previous posts & reviews here that there can be a problem with soot particles from the funnels being dropped on the aft balconies.

Have a look at the 'Solstice Cabin Information Compilation' sticky thread at the top of the forum - this has a list of many cabins (including the stern cabins) and the comments from those who have been in them. Go to the last page of the thread and work backwards until you find the most recent copy of mystick's file; then download that & open it.

However, I gather from previous posts & reviews here that there can be a problem with soot particles from the funnels being dropped on the aft balconies.

We were on the Soltice Inaugural in 2148 and our family members were in 2157. No soot problems. Best aft cabins are on Resort deck IMHO. :)

We love the Aft cabins on the M-class because of the huge verandahs so we booked one on Solstice. Big mistake for two reasons.

First, the verandah was actually smaller than our friends had who were on the side of the ship. It was downright tiny (1204). And there was no cover on it at all. On an M-class we would spend all kinds of time outside. On Solstice we hardly ever went out there.

Second, because of the positioning of the elevators and stairs on Solstice and the fact that there are only two banks of each (as opposed to three on the M-class ships) it is a loooonnnnngggg way from the stairs to your aft cabin.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like walking but when you forget something in your room, it means an extra five minutes in each direction. It was truly inconvenient.

No soot issues at all though.

We had 9305 on the 4/5 sailing. It was pretty much a regular cabin. The balcony did not seem small, but we opened up to the adjacent cabin. Diesel fumes were a problem on a few occasions, and we did get soot on a regular basis - the soles of your feet would be black if you went out there barefoot. The walk to the elevator is similar to a lot of RCCL ships. It's not really a five minute walk in each direction unless you're crawling on your hands and knees - more like 2 probably. I would probably choose a side cabin next time if I sailed Solstice class, but I wasn't too turned on by the ship overall, especially the layout of the main dining room.

We were in 9152 on the Resort deck. Although that deck has the full ovehang for aft cabins and there were no soot or fume problems, I wouldn't recommend that deck because of the early morning screeching of furniture overhead from the Oceanview bar. Other than that it was great.

The Resort deck is not the "best" deck for an aft cabin. Too much noise from above. And wait until passengers above start throwing food out to the seagulls. The best deck has cabins above and below you. Not a bar or cafe.

The Resort deck is not the "best" deck for an aft cabin. Too much noise from above. And wait until passengers above start throwing food out to the seagulls. The best deck has cabins above and below you. Not a bar or cafe.

IMHO each person can have a different experience, since we didn't have a lot of noise from above, and no one ever threw food. :)

We were on the Soltice Inaugural in 2148 and our family members were in 2157. No soot problems. Best aft cabins are on Resort deck IMHO. :)

Thanks for this,, you have made my day, I was getting worried at some reports.

We are in 2157 and 2152 in a few weeks.

Really looking forward to the cabins now!

Cheers

Gerry

Thanks for this,, you have made my day, I was getting worried at some reports.

We are in 2157 and 2152 in a few weeks.

Really looking forward to the cabins now!

Cheers

Gerry

We are also looking forward to our upcoming Equinox and Eclipse cruises. We have booked 2152 on both. Wouldn't want to be any where else. :)

C-Dragons:

We have had a number of Aft cabins. And I have one reserved on the Equinox. On the Millennium, (We had a coprner aft cabin) I spoke to a number of people who heard the crew moving chairs and tables early each morning. We were two decks down and heard nothing.

As for food, kids stand over the back rail and throw french fries and bread to the seagulls. Some food lands on the balconies and the seagulls go after it. Then they left dropping on the balcony railings and floor.

C-Dragons:

We have had a number of Aft cabins. And I have one reserved on the Equinox. On the Millennium, (We had a coprner aft cabin) I spoke to a number of people who heard the crew moving chairs and tables early each morning. We were two decks down and heard nothing.

As for food, kids stand over the back rail and throw french fries and bread to the seagulls. Some food lands on the balconies and the seagulls go after it. Then they left dropping on the balcony railings and floor.

If you had a Family View aft on Millie you are going to be VERY disappointed on Equinox. Smaller verandahs than our friends on the side of the ship.

Archived