Category price difference

I definitely think the cruise line is trying to screw us on these room categories. I just booked rooms on the Mariner of the Seas, and I booked E1 and E2. Now, E1 and E2 are identical, and they tell you that the $10 price difference is due to the location on the ship. Well these two categories for the rooms I picked are side by side. So when my TA asked why the upcharge, they could not give an answer, nor were they willing to adjust the price difference. Any thoughts on this?

I definitely think the cruise line is trying to screw us on these room categories. I just booked rooms on the Mariner of the Seas, and I booked E1 and E2. Now, E1 and E2 are identical, and they tell you that the $10 price difference is due to the location on the ship. Well these two categories for the rooms I picked are side by side. So when my TA asked why the upcharge, they could not give an answer, nor were they willing to adjust the price difference. Any thoughts on this?

On Mariner, the difference could be that E1s are higher-occupancy and connecting on Decks 8 & 7. E2s are doubles. Nothing to do with location.

They are the same category, just 1 and 2. The are identical in size. Both will hold 2 or more. I booked them because they were the only 3 left together. But I still don't understand the price difference. Will have to check it out when I get onboard. So will these rooms not connect?

The cruise line has a category structure and uses it for pricing. You can tell the category of a cabin by the code (E1 or E2), but they are two different categories. Although they may be the same size, no E2 on Mariner holds more than 2 people and therefore is sometimes cheaper. Sometimes they are exactly the same price. The same goes with the D class balconies. There are D1's D2's and D3's and the cruiseline has the right to charge different prices for them. Which class they are within the E or D category is based on a variety of things, from number of peole they can hold to location on the ship. You can tell the category by looking at the deck plan. The cabins on of the same category will be the same color. On our sailing of Mariner there is a $50 difference between the E1 & E2, but we needed an E1 to get 3 people in it.

If you want both cabins to be the same price, you need to make sure they are the exact same category, i.e. E1 & E1. If you have ever been to a baseball game or concert, the seat right next to you could be a different category and thus a different price-point.

You can tell if they connect on the map as well. There are not many connecting cabins on Mariner. Did you ask your TA for connecting cabins? Without knowing the cabin numbers we can't really answer that.

Teresa

Archived