HAL & Celebrity Boards ... Very different playgrounds

HeatherInFlorida

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]Oh, come Bucks County! We'd love to have you:) . The cruise is already 60% sold out and most of the lower priced cabins are gone but still plenty of room. I know we'll love it and I'm really excited about a 2 week cruise! The more the merrrier ... we've already got several people on the roll call.[/font]

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]Vicar, almost everyone living in Florida comes from somewhere up North so it must be something that happens to us down here;). Still, I think the explanation is Fairfield County. You have to get out of the ritzy part of the state and get into the guts of Connecticut where the warm people live:D . [/font]

Heather,

That is very true, Being the bedroom communiy of teh rich and famous probably has a lot to do with that.

I was just always amazed when i would go down south or out west and strike up conversations and feel right at home with so many different people, and its a little harder to do that right in my own back yard.

It miht have to do with the warmer climate *LOL*

I am posting on both boards (plus occasionally on RCCL)... I've been in a couple of fights;) , but I've never felt ignored.:)

Heather, just remember that nobody paid for the right to post on particular boards... So what..I didn't sailed on Princess yet? I have couple of posts there. Post on X and I am sure you will get all answers you need...and if you don't like somebody there it doesn't mean that you should leave!

Last January I was on the Summit so I spent quite a bit of time on the Celebrity Board. I didn't like the Celebrity Board as well as the HA board. I also didn't like the Celebrity web site as well as Hollands. The Celebrity Summit is a very pretty ship. We prefer the food on HA. I also have enjoyed the passengers on the Holland ships more than I did the passengers on the Summit. In general we prefer HA. I can't pinpoint exactly why I prefer HA's passengers to Celebrity. What I am getting at is, can you tell what cruise line you may prefer by whos board you like best. If you are more comfortable with one lines boards, will you be more comfortable on their ships?

[quote name='JSeals4316']........If you are more comfortable with one lines boards, will you be more comfortable on their ships?[/QUOTE][font=Franklin Gothic Medium]It doesn't make sense to me that I would necessarily because in reality the people on the boards represent a very small minority of the passengers actually sailing on the ships. So it doesn't seem to me that's a way to judge it. I do think every line attracts certain personalities, but I would guess that Celebrity and HAL would attract the same kinds of people. Who knows? I don't have an answer to that.[/font]

Hope you found some goodies at Target.

At times, there are some misunderstandings on the intended message and what the recipient assumes the message to be. I possibly could have read your original post in a different light.

I don't cruise exclusive with HAL (but mostly) and visit the X and RCI boards as I use those lines also. In fact have a Spendour booked for 2/05 and was glad to see it come to Tampa (just an hour away). I do visit those boards pretty regularly, but don't post there that often. Would agree that the largest majority of those posters are very civil, give good advice, very knowledgeable, etc.... Unfortunately, there always will be a few of the others on many boards. I have found that on the "Cruise Discussion Topics", rarely is there a cruel posting ridiculing a Newbie. Most of those posters go out of their way to give the straight scoop and very civil.

Best wishes on your next Celebrity Cruise.

[quote name='HeatherInFlorida'][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][color=navy]Brian, you're terrific. And I don't know if you remember but back a ways you and I didn't always see eye to eye;) . Now you're the best! ... even if we don't.[/color][/font]
[/QUOTE]
[b][color=blue]Heather --[/color][/b]
[b][color=blue][/color][/b]
[b][color=blue]We disagreed on something?[/color][/b]
[b][color=blue]It must have been [i]TERRIBLY[/i] important, as I seem to have forgotten....[/color][/b]
[color=blue];)[/color]

[quote name='bepsf'][b][color=blue]Heather --[/color][/b]

[b][color=blue]We disagreed on something?[/color][/b]
[b][color=blue]It must have been [i]TERRIBLY[/i] important, as I seem to have forgotten....[/color][/b]
[color=blue];)[/color][/QUOTE][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][color=navy]Ah, Brian, dare I risk mentioning it was political? It was waaaaaaay back when I hardly knew ye:D . I've forgotten all about it as well. 'Nuff said:o .[/color][/font]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Heather ....[/B] Gosh, you are lucky to have HAL where you really feel "at home". Lots of us cruise of a variety of different cruise lines and never have a [U]real[/U] home on these CC boards.

Must say that on all of the different CC boards people have always answered my questions. In turn, I'll answer the questions from others if I have the information they need. Sometimes, I'll give an opinion ... but, never expect anyone to care one way or the other .....

Heather, you always seem to care about others and are never mean-spirited so just post on X or any other board. You'll get the info you need and certainly will be able to help others as well. That's really what it's all about.

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :) [/FONT]

[font=Arial Black][color=darkslateblue]Thank you, OCruisers, that's very nice of you to say though I must tell you there are those who would disagree with you:o about my good nature.[/color][/font]
[font=Arial Black][color=darkslateblue][/color][/font]
[font=Arial Black][color=darkslateblue]It was just luck, I guess, that I came on the HAL boards this past summer when it was good to have so many people out there pulling for me and all of us here in South Florida during the hurricanes. After that, I felt a bond stronger than just the simple exchange of information.[/color][/font]
[font=Arial Black][color=darkslateblue][/color][/font]
[font=Arial Black][color=darkslateblue]So maybe I'm just spoiled. Whatever it is, I may sail on different cruiselines, but I'll always come back to the HAL boards:) .[/color][/font]

Oh wow! I never thought of it like that Heather, I guess I just didnt think it mattered to mix -N- match cruiselines on here. Now I feel bad cause I did the doc dance for this RCI cruise on here and someone told me I couldnt do that on the HAL board, I just thought they were joking. So if they werernt, they will just have to get over it cause its like Marie said, the HAL board is our family. So even though I'm a bad teenager and wonder elsewhere, I will always post here first! And I never excluded any one from my cruising list, nor will I ever :) Life is too short for games like that :)
Hugsssssssssss, My Friend, your stuck with us!!!

Heather, I have cruises on both lines coming up. My Hal roll call is zip (55 days and counting) but my Celb roll call has 10 on it over a year away (Hawaii). I think sometimes it is when you are going,which ship and where. The Maasdam is not new or top of line where the Celb Summit is, I think this is part of it. The newer the ship the more people are trying. Also on Hal, I think it is and other crowd with less tech skills. I find if it is a longer voyage, the older crowd has less comp skills, not all but some. If you go on seven day cruises where there is more chance of kids then the roll calls are hugh.

On Maasdam from 6-17 Feb 05 is not idea for any school kid so less likly any children also 11 days. The Hawaii one is usually known as the honeymoon trip and 15-29 Jan 06 may get some collage kids. Feb is not good for those working tax flieds as well.

Sometimes, I will answer a thread but if an answer is already there ie is soda available on the Maasdam, which brand and someone has answered it once I won.t answer again. For one I have not been on Maasdam yet but know because of boards that they have Coke only (same as most ships). Sometimes, I'll ask a question and not get answer too. Maybe they see the number of posts and figure Iknow the answer already but I may just want a confirmation. Other times, I'll get 17 answers that seem to be in disagreement with each other (esp food). Hang in there on both boards. Many on here have been on more then one cruise line and go on various boards, heven knows I do.

Heather Relax and enjoy. a new site is like sitting in a differant pew on Sunday morning at first it feels odd but give it a few minutes and you'll feel right at home. and as my greek prof. once said "you can always learn one more new thing". have fun with it and let us know whats out there

I for one would love to hear how your Celebrity cruise went. We will celebrate with you when you get your Docs. Any cruise is a good cruise, no matter what line you travel on!! We have never sailed on Celebrity, but who knows, maybe some day they will have the itinerary we want.
I tried the RCI board for awhile, but felt lost over there. I really enjoy this board because people are friendly, nice, and funny. I've gotten some great laughs from these posts! I love reading this board!!
Happy cruising!!
Mary Ellen

[font=Arial Black]Marjorie, we're not sailing until 10/23/05 ... we're going on the Panama Canal cruise from Los Angeles to Ft. Lauderdale.[/font]

[font=Arial Black]Mary Ellen, thanks for your post. I feel the same way. This is a great board. So great, in fact, I'd love to scoop up a bunch of you and talk you into going on the Summit cruise with us!! [/font]

I have a HAL and Celebrity cruise booked for 2005 so I bounce back and forth. I too am not fond of the Celebrity boards. First both Celebrity and RCI have SO many posters that if you post something one day, you can't find it cause it's five pages down. HAL has fewer and friendlier posters and you can get to know the posters after a while even if you just read what's going on. I also find the Celebrity posters a lot snootier. I have been on this board since before Millennium when we went on the Ryndam and have been on the cruise critic boards probably since 97 or 98 when there weren't a gazillion posters.

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]Cauvet, what you had to say is very interesting. I've noticed, though, that the attitutde on the Celebrity Roll Call boards is completely different and everyone is very friendly. It's kind of strange, but they don't seem to be the same people as on the regular boards.[/font]

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]I first came on the CC boards in 1995 when there were so few people that they had a kind of chat room once a week and everyone chatted together with a moderator. They would send out an email telling us the subject matter and inviting us to join in. It was fun. [/font]

Heather, I enjoy reading your posts. Right now I feel that when we sail again we will try Celebrity. I will continue reading the Hal board and participating sometimes. Right now I really don't want to cruise again until we can visit some new ports. I just feel like we have done enough Eastern and Western Caribbeans. We plan to do a St Thomas land vacation in January.
If we do book a Celebrity cruise we will try their board. We may feel just like you do.
Anyway, continue to post over here. You always have something to offer.

[quote name='anngie']Heather, I enjoy reading your posts. Right now I feel that when we sail again we will try Celebrity. I will continue reading the Hal board and participating sometimes. Right now I really don't want to cruise again until we can visit some new ports. I just feel like we have done enough Eastern and Western Caribbeans. We plan to do a St Thomas land vacation in January.
If we do book a Celebrity cruise we will try their board. We may feel just like you do.
Anyway, continue to post over here. You always have something to offer.[/QUOTE][font=Arial Black][color=darkslateblue]Anngie, I know just what you mean! DH and I said the same thing: How many more times can we go to the same islands? Of course, we can always just stay on the ship and call it a vacation at sea!!!:D [/color][/font]

[font=Arial Black][color=darkslateblue]Years ago we stayed on St. Thomas for 2 weeks and had a wonderful time, but that's a very long time ago. We stayed at Pt. Pleasant which is a really beautiful resort and they give you 1/2 day car rentals (but you don't pay for it).[/color][/font]

[font=Arial Black][color=darkslateblue]Or come with us on the Summit 10/23/05 from LA to Ft. Lauderdale!!! It's a 2 week ... the longest we've ever done. Should be really fun.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Lisa63']I'm in the "same boat," so to speak. :) My next cruise is on Princess and I don't have a HAL cruise planned at the moment, yet something keeps drawing me back to the HAL board.[/QUOTE]
I'm also in the same boat. My next cruise is next month on the Sun Princess, with not another HAL cruise scheduled until October 2005. I never took it that in order to post on one cruise line's board you had to exclusively cruise that line. I, for one, like a bit of variety, and while I've loved all three of my HAL cruises, that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to occasionally branch out and try another line. After all, how could I truly appreciate HAL if I didn't know what the "competition" was like?

I think it's great that you have a Celebrity cruise planned ... and I for one would like to hear all about it when you return! After all ... who knows? Maybe I'd like to try Celebrity one day. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

[quote name='HeatherInFlorida']I was never suggesting we shouldn't cruise other cruise lines! I just meant when you're planning a Celebrity cruise, you wouldn't be celebrating it and chatting away on the HAL boards most likely. But I just might:D because I like it better over here![/QUOTE]
LOL ... I've been chatting away about my Princess cruise on the HAL board occasionally. To me, a cruise is a cruise. And, after all ... I'm not abandoning HAL ... in fact, I have a credit voucher good for close to $200 bucks to apply to a future HAL cruise, so I am sure I will be scheduling something before the end of 2005.

I loved every minute of my three HAL cruises, but I got a pretty good deal on this Princess cruise next month and I figured it wouldn't hurt to try something different. So, I post on both boards now. :)

Just be sure to let us know how you enjoy your Celebrity cruise, and I'll do the same with my Princess one, okay? :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived