Your favorite meal on board

suse

I was wondering what everyone's favorite meal is on board. Just curious, I guess. Plus, I just booked a HAL cruise again and don't want to miss something special.

Thanks very much.

1. If I'm on the Eurodam, anything in Tamarind! Even lunch is the BEST!

2. Pinnacle - with that awesome chocolate dessert!

3. The Indonesian stir-fry dishes with noodles and chicken!

Only 15 more days!

Ilene

I enjoy the lamb dishes. My favorite was when I had the Vietnamese lamb dish off the fire section of the menu in the Tamarind (Eurodam). Chilled soups are another favorite and favorite appetizers are the baked brie and the escargot.

Onion Soup, grilled salmon, steamed assorted veggies and coffee. If they offer a whole wheat roll, I'm Really happy. :)

Ahhh, that makes me a happy cruiser.

My Number One choice is the escargot. Even the low sodium escargot I opted for on our most recent cruise was year was divine.

I also enjoy most of the soups (hot and cold), the beef wellington, rack of lamb, parmesan encrusted chicken and anything I've tried in the Pinnacle Grille. For dessert, creme brulee.

The Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast is my favorite.

I had this for the first time our last cruise, and it was very good! But my all-time favorite is the prime rib medium rare, shrimp cocktail, and almost anything chocolate for dessert. :D

Something I would not get at home.

Sometimes something I am not sure if I would like but since it is "free" I am not disapointed as I would be if I had to pay for the meal.

In short try something new

Any chilled fruit soup, if I had to pick, the pear with ginger; chicken quaesadilla; vegetarian cutlet with garbanzo beans and bok choy; chocolate or Grand Marnier soufle with lots of sauce.

This vegetarian cutlet was so good that I emailed Guest Relations back in February asking for a the recipe. Hope they can find it still.

Any chilled fruit soup, if I had to pick, the pear with ginger; chicken quaesadilla; vegetarian cutlet with garbanzo beans and bok choy; chocolate or Grand Marnier soufle with lots of sauce.

This vegetarian cutlet was so good that I emailed Guest Relations back in February asking for a the recipe. Hope they can find it still.

Ooooo, if you get the recipe, will you please post it here. I'd like to make that.

Ahoy!

Any "meal" that I do not have to evaluate and purchase the ingredients at the local market (nor prepare daily in a timely manner) is a "favorite" meal for us aboard a cruise ship.

As mentioned, a well-prepared & presented fish/shellfish, or beef/lamb dishes are universal "favorites".

I prefer fish (off menu) or a well-prepared beef or lamb dish, if available, while aboard.

We consume plenty of chicken / turkey at home so unless it's a special recipe on the menu (parmesian, stir fry, smoked, ginger-roasted, etc.) we stick with the aforementioned 'essentials' or a 'trusted' recomendation by our server.

Serving temperatures and utilizing appropriate sauces is more important to us then the presentation really. Color us crazy.

Chilled and warmed soups and salads (I'm talking chilled salads with warmed dressings here) are often excellent if served indeed chilled / hot at the time of serving.

Overuse of corn starch or Arrowroot as thickners can be an issue with the soups IMO on most cruise ships (we're talking a cut above typical institutional cooking here folks).

Deserts, IMO, are outstanding (but then again I usually only share an order & a nibble or two with my DW.)

Bon Appetit!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

The room service breakfasts, anything we wanted.

The room service club sandwich.

Lobster night in the dining room.

And everything I did not have to plan for, shop for, cook, and clean up.!!!!!

Cherie

I'm not a fish person and I loved the Mahi Mahi, and for me I went out on a limb to try it.

The chocolate souffle was wonderful, I had 2 :o

There were these doughnuts in the Lido, like bavarian cream filled and chocolate topped, it was huge and so fresh.....need I say more!!!!!! :)

Archived