How long a wait for your "any time" dining?

KOOLBEANS

Could you please tell me which ship and what time you went for anytime dining and how long was the wait? Trying to see how long the wait time is during peak dining times.

Thank you for all your answers.

Could you please tell me which ship and what time you went for anytime dining and how long was the wait? Trying to see how long the wait time is during peak dining times.

Thank you for all your answers.

Legend - August 2008 - between 7:00 and 7:30 - longest wait less than 90 seconds.

Liberty, last week. Went in around 7 every evening. Asked for a table for two on the railing. Every evening around 7:20 the show was being done in the dining room. We loved watching it while we ate. Longest wait for a table was a couple minutes. We would have been seated immediately if we didn't want the railing table. I loved any time dining. I didn't cruise that often because I hated being on a schedule. I may be cruising more often now because this was so great.

We were on the Carnival Liberty April 25 - May 2. We had a party of 8. Most nights we went to the dining room around 6, and were seated immediately each time. We were even able to request the same waitress. Two nights, my husband and I went alone, once at 6, and once around 8. Both times we were seated immediately in the requested section!

Never mind - I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in this. I kept looking and found it on Carnival connections a news item dated 4/1/09

Below is a timetable for the introduction of Your Time open seating throughout the Carnival fleet:

* Already implemented: Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Miracle

* End of April: Carnival Conquest, Carnival Elation, Carnival Pride

* Mid-June: Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Spirit

* Late September: Carnival Dream

* Mid-October: Carnival Ecstasy

* Mid-December: Carnival Glory

* February 2010: Carnival Fascination

* By summer 2010: Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Destiny, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Victory

I wish you would have included HOW MANY...

I saw the party of 8 but they went at 6:00, isn't that the start time for open seating? Did you go later when it was busy? Why wouldn't you just have taken the early seating instead?

The reason I'm asking is because the time we were on another cruiseline which had open seating, we were a party of 10 and ALWAYS had to wait... We would get the "that table just started" "we waiting for a large table to become available" etc excuses. The normal wait time for us on that cruise was 30 minutes..... So, to us, anytime/open seating is not really anytime seating for everybody!!!

I'm guessing that smaller parties don't wait as long as larger parties do... So, for now, especially with the 16 I'm cruising with in June, we're sticking to early seating... At least we know there will always be our table (s) waiting for us!!!

I wish you would have included HOW MANY...

... So, for now, especially with the 16 I'm cruising with in June, we're sticking to early seating... At least we know there will always be our table (s) waiting for us!!!

If I were cruising with 16 I would pick a set seating because otherwise I'm thinking will probably never get 16 people to decided on a time each night. Who ate a late lunch & wants 8:30....who is starving & wants 6:30, etc....could be just my group I travel with but that's why I never did it with family & friends. I did anytime dining on Royal Caribbean when traveling with just a friend & it worked out fine; however, it was newly implimented & a lot of people didn't know about it & request it.

For those dining with "anytime" -- did you ever feel like the meal was rushed? (to get the table turned over/more people sitting)? With the many courses you eat in the formal dining room, I'm just curious how the pace was during your meal.

I've been in the dining room for open seating breakfast and lunch. Felt rushed once during breakfast - we were in a booth (for 4) but only had 2 people there (by request). I felt like they needed our table or section cleared towards the end of our meal.

Hmmmmmm....if seating times are what is reported here "anytime" is looking a little more attractive to me. Especially if getting a particular waiter/waitress each evening is an option because that is one thing I really like about traditional seatings.

I agree that with a larger group (8+) I think I would still choose traditional seatings. We often cruise with the whole family and I am sure that....if there is a wait.....larger groups would have to wait longer than smaller groups of 2 or 4.

Maybe I will have to rethink our choice. Some flexibilty might be nice.....

For those dining with "anytime" -- did you ever feel like the meal was rushed? (to get the table turned over/more people sitting)? With the many courses you eat in the formal dining room, I'm just curious how the pace was during your meal.

I've been in the dining room for open seating breakfast and lunch. Felt rushed once during breakfast - we were in a booth (for 4) but only had 2 people there (by request). I felt like they needed our table or section cleared towards the end of our meal.

Not at all, in fact I felt like it was much more relaxed and we got better service than with traditional.

Hmmmmmm....if seating times are what is reported here "anytime" is looking a little more attractive to me. Especially if getting a particular waiter/waitress each evening is an option because that is one thing I really like about traditional seatings.

I agree that with a larger group (8+) I think I would still choose traditional seatings. We often cruise with the whole family and I am sure that....if there is a wait.....larger groups would have to wait longer than smaller groups of 2 or 4.

Maybe I will have to rethink our choice. Some flexibilty might be nice.....

Keep in mind that with anytime you can make a reservation which minimizes the potential wait. IMO if you a group of 6 or more you should make a reservation, and if you have 10 or more you should stick with traditional, because as someone else said, getting a group that large together is tough.

So...from what I understand....if my family just wants a table for the 4 of us , we better go with anytime dining, and then we can guarantee that. With early dining, they told us they wouldn't even let us request that when we booked. Do I have that correct?

Keep in mind that with anytime you can make a reservation which minimizes the potential wait. IMO if you a group of 6 or more you should make a reservation, and if you have 10 or more you should stick with traditional, because as someone else said, getting a group that large together is tough.

Ahhhh...good to know....I did not realize that either :o.

I had not been paying much attention to the anytime dining threads because I had heard such horror stories from other lines that I pretty much decided to stick with traditional. But now......I guess.....I am reconsidering.

Archived