~OFFICIAL~ "SPIRIT"ing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun! * May 11, 2010*~

anamanxs

YAY we are all packed finally. Leaving BWI around noon tomorrow so we will be in Seattle around 5pm:D

were arriving around 4:30Pm on Monday, are you taking the hotel shuttle or a taxi?

I understand the hotel shuttle is 1-4 people for $40.00 if you want to share the shuttle we can wait on you.

We are taking the shuttle to the hotel. We have 4 people with my inlaws but you are more than welcome to join us on ours. I dont know what they would charge for 6 people but im sure it wouldnt be much more :D

Our flight lands at 4:50 so we will be calling the hotel as soon as we land

So, my 1st day in Seattle was nice. The plane trip was smooth, just long... but that's to be expected traveling from one corner of the country to the other. We are staying in an RV park in Monroe, and we got here about 1pm. The weather could not have been more beautiful. I didn't even need my hoodie, it was so beautiful! I have uploaded a slide show of the photos from our afternoon walk. Just check out the link below, & give the slide show just a minute to load.

We got in about noon on Sat., and I feel like I have walked my feet off. The city is unbelieve, it is all that everyone has said. Yesteraday we arrived at the hotel about 1:30; rode the monorail to downtown, went to the Pike Place Market, did the Habor tour, went to the Olympic Scrup. Park, ate at Ole Spegetti Factory, walked back to the hotel by the Space Needle.

Today, we took a bus to the zoo, took the bus to downtown walked to Aquarium, with to Ivor's on the water (food wonderful), walked to the space needle, then back to the hotel. My feet have been worn out! but yes you can walk from the Space Needle to the waterfront!

Hotel is old but clean; we really have not been here long enough to judge much about it. Busy downloading the pics to the laptop. So, far 387 pics were taken on one camera! Other will have to wait until tomorrow to download!

See you all soon!

We are taking the shuttle to the hotel. We have 4 people with my inlaws but you are more than welcome to join us on ours. I dont know what they would charge for 6 people but im sure it wouldnt be much more :D

Our flight lands at 4:50 so we will be calling the hotel as soon as we land

Thanks for the invitation, not sure how many the shutttle holds but we have made arrrangements for the shuttle to be at the airport at 5:30 (they suggested this time) we may be taking the same shuttle anyway,

if not we can have them wait on you. We are going to meet the shuttle at

the arrival outside at aisle 3.

Hope to see you then.

Chris & Mike

Great pictures Dana. It looks beautiful there.

Annette - sounds like you'll need the cruise to recoup after all the sight seeing! LOL

Glad to hear everyone is having a great time. Keep posting!! :D

Thanks Kathi!

Day 2 photos are up (same link - just click the photos link below).

It didn't really rain where we are, just a light drizzle in the afternoon. It was very overcast all day, very typical "on tv" of Seattle. My bags are packed & ready to be put in the van to get on the ship!!!

YAY- we made it here last night. Our first flight from BWI to Kansas City had lots of lots of turbulence due to flying into all those storms. We only had 30 minutes minutes to get to our connecting flight and the first flight was over 30 minutes late getting in. The pilot called our next flight and we literally had to run to our connecting flight. Good thing they held the plane an extra 15 minutes for about 6 of us. We couldnt sit together tho so that kinda sucked.

We got Seattle and called for the hotel shuttle. An hour and half later and they still didnt show up. We called them back and they said they thought we called to cancel the shuttle:confused::eek: We had to explain that we didnt- so 2 hours later the shuttle finally showed up. Nothing like sitting at Sea-Tac for 2 extra hours lol

We went to dinner at an Irish pub last night and it was awesome :)

Going to breakfast soon then to the shuttle to get on the ship:D:D

We have left the spirit to the next group. I had a wonderful trip & super-long rambling reviews to come... for now: laundry is 1st on the agenda

We leave on the 25th and I can't wait to read your review!!!

Archived