Rooms Near Elevators- Your thoughts?

YFancyface

I just looked at our room location and saw that we are very close to the elevators... I was just wondering if you have stayed there before and had any issues? If it were you, would you req it to be changed? :confused:

I just looked at our room location and saw that we are very close to the elevators... I was just wondering if you have stayed there before and had any issues? If it were you, would you req it to be changed? :confused:

We book rooms near the elevators 'on purpose'. Love the easy access to other decks. NEVER have we had any problems with noise. Enjoy!

Very convenient! We LOVE rooms near the stairs and elevators! None of the elevators open into the cabin hallways---they open to the interior of the ship. Deck plans don't show it, but they're in their own little foyer....no noise! No walking those loooooong hallways! Best rooms on the ship!

my father in law refuses to stay in cabin near the elevator. My TA basically got him an aft cabin :eek: he then stated he is concern the cabin will be old shaped :o you just can't win.

My last cruise was in a cabin near the elevators and I loved it! So convenient, but no noise at all. The only time I could imagine hearing noise would be if you had an interior room with a wall next to the elevator. Do they even have rooms that way?? :confused:

I too always get a cabin right near the elevators (handicapped room), and have never had a noise problem. I wouldn't be at all concerned about the location/noise. I think you'll be pleased with the locale.

My cabin on the Carnival Ecstasy was a 1A, and as such was located in a little corridor right in the middle of the ship, which opened up right off of an elevator lobby.

Unlike the "regular" corridors, where there are oceanview or balcony on one side and interior cabins on the other, there were rooms on only one side of the hall. The back wall of one set of interior cabins would've been the back wall of my cabin, and the back wall of the other set would've been the hallway wall.

It was the first one on its little hallway. I had to turn up the ventilation system in the room quite a bit to get enough white noise to mask the dinging of the elevators all night long.

The only room we didn't care for on a Carnival ship was right across the hall from the entrance into the atrium elevator bank. People tend to get off the elevator talking loud and we could hear the ding of the elevators very clearly.

Our favorite room is an IS cabin 2 or 3 doors aft of the atrium elevators, very quiet location.

.........The only time I could imagine hearing noise would be if you had an interior room with a wall next to the elevator. Do they even have rooms that way?? :confused:

Maybe, but I'd like to think such rooms are not sold to passengers and are used for crew.

We had a guarantee balcony on HAL and it was right by an elevator. We never heard a thing. The head of the bed was behind the bathroom. That may have helped.

Our first real cruise (other than a cruise to nowhere out of Baltimore on a ship whose name I don't remember) was on Rhapsody of the Seas in 1998 to Alaska. We had cabin 4535, an inside with wall against the elevator. Our TA recommended the cabin, saying we wouldn't hear noise, he was right. It was a great location. I like being close to the elevator(s), less walking.

Archived