Watersport/Life Vests for Larger Individuals

My husband and I are fairly large people. I myself wear a size 22W, my husband wears a size 5x/6x top and 56 jeans. We are looking to purchase our own watersport/life vests for activities such as snorkeling, jetskiing, etc. Any suggestions on where to purchase would be greatly appreciated.

I would think a store like Dicks Sporting Goods would work. You could use google to find other marine supply stores in your area. I have a feeling NYC will have one or two LOL. I don't know if you can borrow lifevests from the ship, but they are plenty big enough.

We bought XL life jackets for when we kayak. I got them at a local store--the same one that we bought our kayaks from. It's important to be able to try them on and feel how they fit you. So check around your area to see if there are any outdoor or boating stores.

Call your cruiseline and ask if they have vests for larger folks---you really don't want to have to drag them with you, if you don't have to! It's very possible that they will have some for you to use on things that require them!

Call your cruiseline and ask if they have vests for larger folks---you really don't want to have to drag them with you, if you don't have to! It's very possible that they will have some for you to use on things that require them!

I have never seen a cruise line that will allow passengers to take life vests onshore to use on excursions? Onboard ship in an emergency, yes, but they do not allow you to take them off and use them for private use for snorkeling and such.

I don't know if you can borrow lifevests from the ship, but they are plenty big enough.

I am sure you cannot borrow these, and they sure wouldn't work for snorkeling. Couldn't get your face in the water very well with one of them on; they are made to keep your face OUT of the water.

I like the Dick's idea.

Being a fluffy person myself, I find it hard to SINK! I am balsa wood, my DH is rock!

Good luck!

Archived