NativeWays or Captain Marvin's

Bakeman

I can't swim AT ALL. Are any of the sringray excursions appropriate for me?

Are you comfortable with climbing up and down the ladder of the boat into the water? Are you comfortable with standing thigh to waist deep in the water probably with some waves coming up a little higher?

If you are, then I think you would be fine to take a stingray excursion. You don't have to get out of the boat at the snorkle stop. Every excursion is going to have life vests/flotation devices that you can inflate if you want. The guides are very attentative. If you were to let them know that you are not a swimmer, they will make sure to be extra attentative to you.

If you take the Nativeways RRR Tour, the 3rd stop is at Rum Point Beach for lunch. It is a beautiful beach, and you can walk out probably 50' feet and still not be much higher than your knees.

so happy to find that native way's is the way to go...

DH has some res about going outside of CCL for excursion...but as I explained to him it is all that we wanted and for much less...

one question, the info on the website said they will take you to 7mile beach. does anyone know how one would get back from there if we droppped off there? don't think we will stay there but wanted to know just in case.

Cruise_Q - we ate at Seven Mile Beach (Calico Jack's) after having been dropped off there at the end of our Captain Marvin's snorkle tour - we took a bus back to the ship area. Just go out to the road and wave them down. They are vans with a number in a circle, It was $2.50US each, they take US money. They also have cabs but the bus was much cheaper, and fun! (The cabs are right along the road waiting, so if you want a bus, start walking down the road (to the right with your back to the beach).

I got all excited after hearing all those great recommendation for native way. I check out there web site and pretty much decided on a excursion. I just had a few questions. I e-mailed them 3 times this week and 2 time last week with no reply. I'm starting to wonder if they are a good choice.

Try checking your spam folder, just in case...lots of people have posted that they found the response well after it was sent, not realizing that their ISP had tagged it as spam.

• 2 weeks later...

Once you get to Rum Point, how do you get back to the ship? Are you on your own to get a cab, or do they run shuttles periodically. I'm really thinking the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour with Nativeway is the way to do.

Do we have to make a reservation before we sail, or can we find them once we get to the pier? Also, if I make a reservation ahead of time, is that when we have to pay? My concern is that if we have bad weather, we may not want to do this excursion.

thanks,

Once you get to Rum Point, how do you get back to the ship? Are you on your own to get a cab, or do they run shuttles periodically. I'm really thinking the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour with Nativeway is the way to do.

If you're on the RRRP with Nativeway, you arrive at Rum Point by boat, stay for a hour or two, then reboard the boat to head back to town via water.

If you're on some other type of tour that includes a stop at Rum Point, they would likely operate the same way, having everyone reboard the bus or boat at a set time for the return trip.

Rum Point is 45 minutes drive from George Town, and there are generally no taxis or shuttles of any kind waiting in the area. You don't want to miss your return bus/boat. :D

I am also trying to decide which to take and I found a nice Nativeways itinerary from Capt. Ron (Thanks!). :D

I am wondering about Capt. Marvin's full day itinerary. I would like a little beach time but I emailed Capt. Marvin's and they only spend 35 minutes at Kaibo Yacht Club. I guess this is all the beach time with Capt. Marvin's? I know, I know, I want it all! I guess I need someone's help to decide between the "Extra dive" in season, for the conch with Capt. Marvin's (because we're going the first of December) or Rum Point time.

Please help me pick!:confused:

Bookbabe, good to know. Thanks.

Another question about the snorkeling stop. How deep is the water there? Is there ever a concern for sharks in the area? I'm a bit paranoid, can you tell? Also, does Nativeway provide the snorkeling gear? If so, is it regularly sanitized? I'm not too excited about putting my mouth on a snorkle that someone else has been using.

If you book a tour with captain marvins could someone tell me where exactly the tour meets that morning? How far of a walk from the pier. Or do you need to take a taxi? Did you find you had enough time to make it with the tendering and all. If anyone could provide detailed info I would truly appreciate it.

We have used NativeWay three times and have always loved them. Our first time in GC we went with someone when we got off the ship...don't even know who it was, but it was good, too. I recommend NativeWay.

If you book a tour with captain marvins could someone tell me where exactly the tour meets that morning? How far of a walk from the pier. Or do you need to take a taxi? Did you find you had enough time to make it with the tendering and all. If anyone could provide detailed info I would truly appreciate it.

Easy walk to their office 1-3 blocks depending on where you tender, but my 5yo had no prob. They pick you up there and drive you to the boat. We did the half-day and had more than enough time. Guides were great w/ my 2 kids...entertained them on the boat while me and DH snorkled (water was too rough for them).

Snorkeling was pretty good...lots of fish, more coral at stop #2, never saw a shark. Wonderful with timid travelers of all ages at the rays. Great trip. Would love to do it again!

I don' think you would go wrong with either company. They both have great reputations. We went with Native Way for their Rays, Reef and Rum Point Tour and had a great time. The boat crew was very nice and very helpful, the boat was clean and well maintained and the stingrays were fantastic. We also enjoyed the snorkeling stop on the barrier reef and out time at Rum Point for lunch.

Pictures are here if you want to look at them.

Is there parasailing at Rum Point Beach?

Archived