When you first enter your cabin, what do you check and/or request from your steward?

Thanks everyone for your responses.

We always check to make certain that any tours we have pre-booked, pre-booked Pinnacle and pre-ordered alcohol are there (some times they aren't there).

Then we make certain that we see our cabin stewards and inform them that we have traditional dining at 5:45 so that they can make up the room around 6. And we also let our cabin stewards know that we like the room made up in the morning around 8 AM as we are early birds.

The ashtray, room temp., seating assignment. Want to get the Hotel staff working on the AC right away if it's not cold enough for me and want to check out my table assignment early enough to "chat" with the Maitre d' if it's not the right seating or a weird table.

Then, all work is done and it's time to relax!

I always ask the steward to clearn our cabin between certain times in the morning and sometimes I request more towels. It is very rare of us to want or need anything else.

The cabin always looks clean and tidy and fresh when we arrive. And our new steward always has a bright, welcoming smile.

What more does a person need?

Good question, KK. In all the years on these boards, I don't recall anyone ever asking this before.

If you remove the items from the minibar yourselves, how do they know that you haven't used anything from it that day? And when it is time to leave, do you put it all back exactly as it was?

If you remove the items from the minibar yourselves, how do they know that you haven't used anything from it that day? And when it is time to leave, do you put it all back exactly as it was?

Although I don't recommend removing the items from the mini-refrigerator yourself, should you do so -- leave a note on top of your items what you have done and where you have placed those items.

Although I don't recommend removing the items from the mini-refrigerator yourself, should you do so -- leave a note on top of your items what you have done and where you have placed those items.

I have unpacked it and mentioned it to our cabin steward. Just make sure to repack it before the last morning before they come and check the mini-bars. I don;t know if they would do it also during the cruise. I am sure they notice all their stuff is gone and replaced with something that looks completely difrerent. We have not had any issues (so far).

On our recent wonderful Eurodam cruise, we requested to have the minibar emptied upon arrival. He put the contents in the cube bench. I put the contents back in fridge at the end. No problem. Only complaint was that we did not actually see the room steward until halfway through the cruise and only once. It is nice to actually meet this person sometime during the first day.

1.Walk inside the cabin and drop our carryon luggage on the bed.

2.Walk out onto the balcony and just look over the rail for a few minutes.

3.Go back in the cabin and peak my head out in the hall to see if our steward is close by, and if yes

4.Ask him to remove everything out of the mini-bar

5.Ask for more pillows (we need 6 also…lol).

6.Then give him a tip and a smile with a thank you.

7.Grab all the literature and pre-book tickets then kick off the shoes and flop on the bed to start reading all the little print.:D

John

I have unpacked it and mentioned it to our cabin steward. Just make sure to repack it before the last morning before they come and check the mini-bars. I don;t know if they would do it also during the cruise. I am sure they notice all their stuff is gone and replaced with something that looks completely difrerent. We have not had any issues (so far).

They check the mini-bars during the cruise in order to replace items that have been used. Presumably if someone consumed a particular item, they well may want it again during the cruise so they replenish throughout the cruise. You wil find a bar slip on the counter charging for whatever you have used so you will know they have been in checking and replacing used items.

Have the room steward clean off the counter tops of any display wine bottles, etc., clean out the refrig, check to see if the egg crate mattress toppers are in place that we ordered, and order about 6 more pillows. I like to be surrounded by pillows when I sleep. In an inside cabin, it's like going back in the womb. Nice and snug! And foremost, tip the room steward ahead of time.

1. #2 Extra Towels

2. #2 Extra Pillows

3. #1 Extra Blanket

4. #1 Box of Kleenex for each night stand

5. #2 Buckets of Ice : checked / filled A.M., prior to P.M.break (1400),

after P.M. break (1730), evening turn down.

6. Unlimited pressing: send out formals, etc.

7. Request extra laundry slips.

8. Cleanout / move minibar stuff for the duration when convient.

9. We know longer need ashtrays (we quit April Fool's Day- appropriate, no?) but you never know when a 'ciggiebutt' may be required (hopefully no mas).

10.Smile!!!

Other embarkation activities / chores:

1. Check DR assignment/table

2. Check out books from library.

3. Make appointment for next day hair stuff (DW), massages, etc.

4. Check out pre-ordered gifts, booze cards & excursions vouchers,

if applicable.

5. Turn off cell phone and store for the duration!

6. Go to the Crow's Nest following the life boat drill / muster and have the first of many umbrella drinks to follow.

7. Smile!!!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

Desmoke a room?:eek::eek::eek:

Yep. Our last suite on Westerdam really smelled of old smoke when we entered. We mentioned it to the cabin steward and he did his magic with the Ozium (or whatever) super spray they use. It does an amazing job of de-smoking a cabin ...

We usually check the shore excursions and any other arrangements that have been made and then check to see if there is enough champange on ice for sailaway if we are having a party.

We check our dining table assignment and make sure we have all the perks that our TA promised us (soda cards, Pinncacle Dinner/Luncheon, etc.)

The only other thing we ask our room steward for is additional kleenex boxes. We like to have extras on the bed stands.

We're easy to please!

Archived