Coral Princess - trays available in Horizon Court?

AndyTheK

DW and I are night owls - we stay up 'till the we hours and then sleep until about 10:30 AM except when we have an early excursion booked. Since Joanne is a very slow starter but likes a full breakfast, it's my practice to go up to the buffet, fill plates for both of us, and take it back to our cabin, where we have a leisurely breakfast out on the balcony. This cruise I will also need to stop down on Plaza deck to get some real brewed coffee (or is there a place closer to Horizon which has it) and then all the way aft to get to our cabin.

Clearly, I need a tray to carry all of this. Last cruise (NOT Princess) did not have trays at the buffet so I did a juggling act to get the food home. If Coral does not provide trays, I will need to bring one with me. Does anyone here know whether they are available?

Try asking your cabin steward for one. That's what my hubby did on our last cruise. He will go to the Horizon to get his made to order omelet, and then load up a tray for both my daughter and me -- we both like to sleep in on vacation (especially as I have to get up at 6am during the week).

DW and I are night owls - we stay up 'till the we hours and then sleep until about 10:30 AM except when we have an early excursion booked. Since Joanne is a very slow starter but likes a full breakfast, it's my practice to go up to the buffet, fill plates for both of us, and take it back to our cabin, where we have a leisurely breakfast out on the balcony. This cruise I will also need to stop down on Plaza deck to get some real brewed coffee (or is there a place closer to Horizon which has it) and then all the way aft to get to our cabin.

Clearly, I need a tray to carry all of this. Last cruise (NOT Princess) did not have trays at the buffet so I did a juggling act to get the food home. If Coral does not provide trays, I will need to bring one with me. Does anyone here know whether they are available?

Order something (anything!) from room service the first day. Then put the tray that they will send your order on in your closet and use it the rest of the cruise! N'siah tovah! :D

Why not just order room service? Doesn't the Coral Princess have it?

Of course it does. But, the variety of items in the particular quantities we like them, is not what room service will choose. It's also after the room service "standard breakfast hours".

Order something (anything!) from room service the first day. Then put the tray that they will send your order on in your closet and use it the rest of the cruise! N'siah tovah! :D

Great idea!! Now why didn't I think of that? Must be old age creeping upon me. :)

תודה רבה (that's "tanks" in Hebrew for those who don't have the font installed).

Where?

In 07 they had them over between the Juice section inside the buffet line and the main line for food in the corner. They also had them right as you walked into the line by the fruit and cookies and rolls.

Been a while so maybe they did away with them. The wait staff would walk around and take you trays and plates etc as you were finished eating.

In 07 they had them over between the Juice section inside the buffet line and the main line for food in the corner. They also had them right as you walked into the line by the fruit and cookies and rolls.

Been a while so maybe they did away with them. The wait staff would walk around and take you trays and plates etc as you were finished eating.

I beg to differ with you. I have been on 8 Princess including 2 on the Crown in 07 and there have never been trays for passenger use in the Horizon Court. Neither have their been trays on any other Princess ship I sailed including the Ocean, Ruby, Golden and Caribbean. Are you thinking of the LARGE plates and calling them trays?

I beg to differ with you. I have been on 8 Princess including 2 on the Crown in 07 and there have never been trays for passenger use in the Horizon Court. Neither have their been trays on any other Princess ship I sailed including the Ocean, Ruby, Golden and Caribbean. Are you thinking of the LARGE plates and calling them trays?

And I can say that after 22 Princess cruises, I have yet to see trays offered at the buffet for passengers use. :confused:

The idea of ordering room service and keeping the larger tray would be the OP's best bet. ;)

HUH, so your saying the green/aqua thing I carried in the HC every morning (which I got from there daily) for breakfast was not a tray. Not sure how I carried my plate, wifes plate, coffee, juices and silverware. Must have been my magic levitation spell I can cast.

Maybe it was just on our cruise which had a very older crowd on it. Cannot answer that one and I did not take any pictures in the HC/Caribe Cafe.

HUH, so your saying the green/aqua thing I carried in the HC every morning (which I got from there daily) for breakfast was not a tray. Not sure how I carried my plate, wifes plate, coffee, juices and silverware. Must have been my magic levitation spell I can cast.

Maybe it was just on our cruise which had a very older crowd on it. Cannot answer that one and I did not take any pictures in the HC/Caribe Cafe.

Well, if you did find trays on Princess at the buffet, you are the very FIRST to ever report having access to them in the buffet daily. :confused:

I would guess, there would have been reports by many if Princess began regularly supplying trays at the buffet, but as said, this is the first post I have ever read saying this. And after 22 Princess cruises, I have yet to see a tray supplied at the buffet, even if you ask for one. :eek:

Maybe they just liked us better..:D

They had them and we used them everyday. Maybe they were testing them out.

Bottom line is, that nobody has ever seen/had a tray up there but you. :rolleyes::confused:

Of course it does. But, the variety of items in the particular quantities we like them, is not what room service will choose. It's also after the room service "standard breakfast hours".

Yes, I forgot you can't get a full room service breakfast.

Some good advice here so I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise :)

The green/aqua thing, you took as a passengers tray was most likely a tray the staff uses to bring glasses to the Horizon Court. If you think stealing the staffs trays is OK for everyone to do so be it. Wake up and smell the coffee and leave the staffs trays alone.

The green/aqua thing, as you describe it, you took was a passengers tray was most likely a tray the staff uses to bring glasses to the Horizon Court. If you think stealing the staffs trays is OK for everyone to do so be it. Wake up and smell the coffee and leave the staffs trays alone.

LOL, I think you might have something there. I had forgotten about those trays they bring the glasses out on. I can imagine the look on the staff members face when a passenger took off with his tray he was supposed to take back to the kitchen for more glasses. ;)

Just a side note. The platters princess uses are quite large and heavy, and I can not imagine trying to carry a tray with two of them full of food plus drinks back to the stateroom. No wonder many of the men take the food back, us woman would probably drop them half way back. ;)

Killing me!....All over a tray. Think some people had their lunch money taken a few to many times as children. Maybe even had their tray taken away at lunch time in grade school. geeeeezzzzzzzzzzz.:p:p

Sorry if they had a cart they rolled out every morning and it was right next to the silverware section as you walked into the open gates of the HC to get your food. Whole boat must have been nuts since everyone was using them.

LOL, Hate to see what would happen if the...........nevermind

Archived