RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Can you tell me where you purchased your Travelers Checks in Euros? Am considering using them also.

Thanks.

I ordered mine from B of A...even though you could do this online I opted to order them via a phone # and talked to a "live" person (old fashioned of me but more comfortable). And as other's have said AAA also offers them as do probably the bank you do business with...Mine took approx 3 business days to be delivered to my local branch. This worked out very easy for us..hope it does for you too.

Can you tell me where you purchased your Travelers Checks in Euros? Am considering using them also.

Thanks.

We always get them through Wells Fargo, you don't have to be a customer. Just go to https://www.foreignexchangeservices.com/index.html?partnerid=FES&serviceType=order and place your online order. They will overnight via FedEx. Orders under $1000 have a $12 service charge, over $1000 no extra charge.

That's really a cultural question, but assuming help with the usual pile of cruise luggage, I would go around 5 Euros per person, maybe a little less. Then again, I am a heavy tipper.

With a transfer from Rome to port for 6 people what would be the recommended tip be.

My Wife and I just returned from our cruise on the Carnival Legend that was fantastic, however I must say that the four tours we had with RIL were just incredible and that each and every driver we had only added to the experience.

All of them were courteous, knowledgeable, and professional and took the time to make sure that all of us had a memorable experience.

Our Drivers were:

Lucca in Messina

Giovanni in Naples

Maurizio in Rome

Vincento in Livorno

Ciao for now and I hope we will meet again!

Just got back from a 12 day Med cruise on the Equinox. We used Rome In Limo in Florence, Rome and Naples. They have earned their stellar reputation and we were not disappointed. They were punctual, professional, very friendly, nice vehicles, knowledgeable and knew every side street and short cut. Recommended excellent places for lunch and dropped and p/u very close to all the sites. Some of the best tours we've ever had!

We had David in Florence, Franco in Rome and Vittorio in Naples. Book with them and just sit back and leave your worries behind.

Just got back from a 12 day Med cruise on the Equinox. We used Rome In Limo in Florence, Rome and Naples. They have earned their stellar reputation and we were not disappointed. They were punctual, professional, very friendly, nice vehicles, knowledgeable and knew every side street and short cut. Recommended excellent places for lunch and dropped and p/u very close to all the sites. Some of the best tours we've ever had!

We had David in Florence, Franco in Rome and Vittorio in Naples. Book with them and just sit back and leave your worries behind.

I really love Franco in Rome. Such an interesting man! I've requested him on several occasions now. I'm glad you had such a great time.

just got home and used this service last Saturday...booked a 6 hour tour....Claudio our driver suggested changing it to an 8 hour tour...he was right...we had a fabulous day with him...his knowlege and personality made our trip....I would highly recommend using this company

We also used Romeinlimo two weeks ago for shore excursions at several Italian ports. We again were very pleased. Just wanted to agree with a prior posters' recommendation to meet on the ship and leave together. Just makes it much easier.

Can you please give me the website for Romeinlimo? Can't seem to find it. Thank you

We just completed 3 great tours w/ RIL in Naples, Rome & Livorno. Their contact (Jany) was very responsive to all (many) my Q's. Their tour drivers were very perfessional, knowledgeable & friendly. I'd recommend their private guides at both Pompeii & Vatican. We were 1st timers & the guides were a definite plus to experiencing these location. We did the following tours: Naples - Pompeii, Sorrento & Positano w/ Amafli coast, Civitavecchia - Rome Highlights & Livirno -Florence & San Gimignano. Several other people/groups from our ship had high praise for all their RIL tours, as well. Their vehicles were all new & very comfortable. Our next Med trip will definitely include RIL at every port possible.

We just completed 3 great tours w/ RIL in Naples, Rome & Livorno. Their contact (Jany) was very responsive to all (many) my Q's. Their tour drivers were very perfessional, knowledgeable & friendly. I'd recommend their private guides at both Pompeii & Vatican. We were 1st timers & the guides were a definite plus to experiencing these location. We did the following tours: Naples - Pompeii, Sorrento & Positano w/ Amafli coast, Civitavecchia - Rome Highlights & Livirno -Florence & San Gimignano. Several other people/groups from our ship had high praise for all their RIL tours, as well. Their vehicles were all new & very comfortable. Our next Med trip will definitely include RIL at every port possible.

Hello!

Did you do a wine tasting in San Gimignano? We have them booked for October doing the Florence/San Gimignano with a wine tasting. It was going to be at Tenuta Torciano but Jany suggested Tenuta Casanova close by in Chianti. I'd love to hear about the timing of your tour - how long in Florence, how long in San G and what you did, etc!

I would almost say 20EU for the lot of you?

We tipped 20 euros for the five of us the first time and then I thought I tipped too low. Next transfer I did 25 euros. I was never sure if I was tipping enough and felt a little like apologizing all over Europe.

Using Romeinlimo many many times, we have always communicated our wishes prior to the individual tours, then Romeinlimo gets you there, gets you in, and gets you completely advised and timed so you can see and do SO much in the time you have to spend, you won't believe it. We have never been disappointed and have seen so much more than any other tours--you get back on your ship, and find out that you saw and did 15 things whereas other people saw 5, We have been using their company almost since they began the business, so I can honestly say we have a lot of experience with them--all of it professional, all fantastic

Hello happy, where did you eat lunch in Naples? We have the same tour booked. Did you have enough time?

Lunch at il Leonne Rosse Ristorante Pizzeria & was excellent. Great menu w/ pizzia & pasta choices. Best pizzia that I had anywhere on cruise. Everyone was more than happy. Location in the city w/ mostly locals. Driver was Giavanni & he was from the Sorrento area. He mentioned that this is a regular stop for RIL. Plenty of time for lunch & had approx 45 mins for shopping too. However, Positano was the best. Make sure you walk all the way down to the beach & great shopping along the way. Best surprise was that Giavanni stopped along the way & opened a bottle of a sparkling red wine & everyone had a small toast to a great tour. He was very knowledgeable, funny & great to be with. More than enough time for everything.

Edited by happy1000
spelling correction

Hello!

Did you do a wine tasting in San Gimignano? We have them booked for October doing the Florence/San Gimignano with a wine tasting. It was going to be at Tenuta Torciano but Jany suggested Tenuta Casanova close by in Chianti. I'd love to hear about the timing of your tour - how long in Florence, how long in San G and what you did, etc!

Driver (John) offered wine tasting stop, but group (8) decision to pass on this option. Our tour was on a Sunday (Mothers Day) & Florence was the 1st stop. Churches closed to tours for regular services, thus only viewed Duomo from outside. Great view of Florence from Michelangelo Park. Beware of Accademia guards watching for camera photos of David. They're very strict. Shopping at open area ok, but better near bridge. Great shopping at San G w/ guide recommendation for best ice cream that was very good. I wish I had done the walk up the tower for photos, but you'd have skip some shopping to do. Timing ok w/ 1/2 day at each location. Might want to ask re/ how much time for wine tasting stop. Jany was the best for prompt responses to my many Q's.

Driver (John) offered wine tasting stop, but group (8) decision to pass on this option. Our tour was on a Sunday (Mothers Day) & Florence was the 1st stop. Churches closed to tours for regular services, thus only viewed Duomo from outside. Great view of Florence from Michelangelo Park. Beware of Accademia guards watching for camera photos of David. They're very strict. Shopping at open area ok, but better near bridge. Great shopping at San G w/ guide recommendation for best ice cream that was very good. I wish I had done the walk up the tower for photos, but you'd have skip some shopping to do. Timing ok w/ 1/2 day at each location. Might want to ask re/ how much time for wine tasting stop. Jany was the best for prompt responses to my many Q's.

Great info, thank you!

We just returned from a Western Mediterranean Cruise on the Norwegian Epic out of Barcelona Spain stopping at the ports of Naples, Rome, Florence, Marseille France, and Palma Majorca Spain and we used Rome-in-Limo for three out of the five ports. We had Diego in Naples, Vinny in Rome and Maximillian in Florence/Pisa. The private tours with this private company were superior compared to the cruise organized tours with each driver having great knowledge of the area with individualized care given to each passenger. There were four of us in the group and we had a van that could have held up to 6 passengers, but due to the fact my mother-in-law needed a wheelchair for each excursion, we didn't want to slow anyone else down, so kept the group with the four of us. The van could get to so many places the big bus trips could not and the compassion shown and the extra hands to help by mother-in-law meant so much to all of us. We got to see so many more things than we would have on a bus tour and every driver was early for our pick-up and made sure we were back to port on time to depart from the ship. Rome-in-limo did make our trip the best it could have been and I would recommend this company with great confidence to anyone to wants to get the most out of each port. They are FABULOUS!!!!!

We cruised on the Norwegian Epic, May 8th to the 15th out of Rome. After being on other cruises this was our first venture away from the ship's shore excursions. We were always leary of not making it back in time. RIL has changed my thinking completely. They are reputable, informative, and prompt. We used Rome in Limo for 2 of our ports. Livorno to see Pisa and Florence and when we disembarked in Rome. Vinny was our excellent guide while at the Livorno port. Vinny plied us with history and was the best at pointing out everything from better stores with reasonable prices to shop at, to which ATM would be safer to use. Jany at RIL's office is extremely competent with planning and communication about your wants and needs. We joined a group for the Rome tour who had room for 2 more. They would be returning to the ship after the tour, but we were disembarking. RIL took our bags and dropped us at our hotel before taking everyone else back to the ship...we had a wonderful tour with Stefano whose passion for his city was evident during the whole tour. You need never doubt about using RIL at all!! :D