RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Can strongly recommend RomeinLimo. They were prompt, courteous and efficient. All you need to make life easy on land after a long (5 week) cruise.

No need to include driver - he needs the break as well as you

Belda Cruiser

2 Regent

3 Oceania

1 Seabourne

1 Viking

1 National Geographic

1 Celebrity

1 Royal Caribbean

Can anyone tell me if R-I-L vehicles have the ability to transport a mobility scooter (which usually can go in a trunk of a larger vehicle)?

You are going to need to contact them about that. All three of the tours we did with RIL was in very large Mercedes (a 4 door sedan and 2 Van style) they would seem to be large enough but you need to contact them.

You do realize that many European ports and tourist sites are not suitable to scooters and wheelchairs due to cobblestone streets, steps etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541

Can anyone tell me if R-I-L vehicles have the ability to transport a mobility scooter (which usually can go in a trunk of a larger vehicle)?

I would think their vans would but just email Jany at RIL and she will let you know what they can do for you. I would be very surprised if they didn't have at least one vehicle that would accommodate you.

We inquired about this last trip (2011), since one of our Rome shares was looking to bring one (they later decided not to join our tour - as noted a LOT of attractions do not allow them and they felt they would slow us down) - the answer was SOME vans to, but they need to be the stowable type. The vans did not have ramps, or loading doors at that time.

In the end, since the person in question had limited mobility, they booked their own 2 person tour with a less active itinerary and the drivers generally got them as close as they could to various places and they worked with a cane).

I would think their vans would but just email Jany at RIL and she will let you know what they can do for you. I would be very surprised if they didn't have at least one vehicle that would accommodate you.

Remember RIL Aldo services Florence area and Naples area....we went to Pisa, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and Positano, Tuscanny.....felt we did so much in 3 ports!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Really useful thread, thanks to all who have contributed.

If there are 5 adults in my group do you think RIL would send a car or a minivan?

Also, if only 3 of the group wanted to go in to the Colloseum but 2 couldn't due to mobility issues, do you think the drive would hang around with the 2 and/or maybe take them somewhere else?

Really useful thread, thanks to all who have contributed.

If there are 5 adults in my group do you think RIL would send a car or a minivan?

Also, if only 3 of the group wanted to go in to the Colloseum but 2 couldn't due to mobility issues, do you think the drive would hang around with the 2 and/or maybe take them somewhere else?

I would think a minivan, but they can verify that.

I also believe the driver would certainly take the less mobile somewhere else. It's your tour and they are very accommodating! Just email Jany at RIL and ask....

I would think a minivan, but they can verify that.

I also believe the driver would certainly take the less mobile somewhere else. It's your tour and they are very accommodating! Just email Jany at RIL and ask....

I would request a minivan, but I think they would give you one anyway for 5 people. I think the driver would drive the 2 people who have mobility issues around Rome. The drivers that we have had from RIL love to show off Rome and all the wonders of Rome. There is so much to see and so little time. Some of the drivers have their favorite places and are delighted that people love their city.

We have also used Rome In Limo in the past for two special vacations consisting of Amalfi Coast, Rome, Florence/Pisa, and Sicily areas. We are going back this summer and taking our niece and nephew for their first visit and wouldn't dream of using anyone except RIL. We've learned a lot and could lead them around on our own, but RIL's drivers and guides are so outstanding and love their cities so much, it just makes the experience that much more memorable and that's why we are taking them in the first place. We are not rich, but RIL is a good value for what you get and they make the experience so rich it's worth every penny. You see and experience more than double what you could ever see on your own. I didn't even hesitate to recommend them when my husband's boss asked what he should do when he took his family. If you can whole heartedly recommend a company to your husband's boss, you know they are quality!

Good luck and have fun. You will come back with so many extra memories if you use RIL.

We used Rome In Limo last month when we docked in Livorno on the NCL Jade. Elisabetta picked us up at the ship in an 8-passenger van, and we went to Pisa first. That was a great choice because we were ahead of the crowds. Then on to Florence where she negotiated our entrance into the Accademia, which saved a lot of time. We had all bought time-stamped tickets in advance for the museum, but we were earlier than expected and she was very helpful in explaining all that to the ticket booth. Elisabetta was enthusiastic in her discussions of the surroundings, culture and attractions. She took us to great overlooks for photos. Her driving was great, overall a fantastic day. Jany in the Rome In Limo office was very responsive to every email I sent in arranging the trip. We would use them again.

I posted this on another thread but this thread is more appropriate for my question concerning shared tours with Romeinlimo.

I've read the shared tour instructions but I'm still confused. Let's say I put my cc up to create an 8 person group. Only 4 sign up. Does or power person rate then Jump up to the 4 person rate or is my credit card charged for the extra 4 people I couldnt find to join. Also, what about no shows? Is mt cc on the hook for these people as well? Im interested in starting a group but their policy is confusing to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Your CC is not charged for the extra spots. The cost of the trip is based on the final number of signups, whatever that is and paid to the driver. The CC is only for no-shows, that way if someone signs up but does not show up that morning, their CC is charged so you do not take the hit.

I posted this on another thread but this thread is more appropriate for my question concerning shared tours with Romeinlimo.

I've read the shared tour instructions but I'm still confused. Let's say I put my cc up to create an 8 person group. Only 4 sign up. Does or power person rate then Jump up to the 4 person rate or is my credit card charged for the extra 4 people I couldnt find to join. Also, what about no shows? Is mt cc on the hook for these people as well? Im interested in starting a group but their policy is confusing to me.

I believe if four show up fir the tour it's like 800 divided by 4....if 8 show up, divide by eight. No shows are charged I believe.....others prob know better than me....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's the question. I would like to start a tour group with the shared price of 8 in mind. If I only get 4 of us. .. That's not the price I want to pay. And once I start a group and people sign up, id hate to cancel it based on no interest. Risky I think.

We were a family of 7 and are newbies in this parts of Italy. From the reservation process to email communications to the actual tours arrangements of Jany.... was just simply flawless. Since we were in a 12-day Med cruise, we booked a Trilogy private tour of Florence, Rome and Naples for a problem and pressure free activities as what you don't get if you're in a bus tour. And, that is what we've got! Their drivers are just exceptional and professional, they were already waiting for us when we disembarked and have all the strategized itinerary in hand. Elisabetta in Florence was just very informative that made our visits to sites, churches and shoppings much more easier. Nik in Rome, since we were there during the Canonization of Pope Paul XXIII and Pope John Paul II, he made sure that we'd still maximize our activities as well as hitting all the other important sites even though we can't go close to the Vatican as well as a very crowded city. He just know his way around with an abundance of information. Nik, thank you again for the postcards you gave us! Finally, Tony in Naples with a passion of this parts of Italy, who was also very informative especially where to eat the best pizza in Sorrento and arranging us Fofo as a tour guide in Pompeii. Tony, thank you again for the delicious bottle of Limoncello liquor you gave us!

Again, I really want to thank you, Jany, Elisabetta, Nik and Tony for making our vacation the most enjoyable and worry free experience. Everything was just Perfect! as what vacations should be. For sure, I'll be in touch you guys again...

Has anybody tipped the drivers and if so what do you think is a fair amount?

The answer is yes, the amount is totally discretionary...you will find wide ranging opinions on this .... so what you feel is comfortable is what is right for you.....

Toured with Rome in Limo 2 wks ago in Livorno (Florence/SanGimignano) Rome and Naples(Amalfi coast&Pompeii). I had used them 4 yrs ago and had been extremely satisfied with their services. Once again, their services were excellent. I had previously told my friends how efficient their service was and how we never had to wait in line and my friends were amazed at how quickly we were whisked from one venue to the next. Elisabetta was our driver in Florence and San Gimignano and she was very knowledgeable about the areas we traveled as well as a very good driver on the windy back roads returning to Livorno. Stefano was our driver in Rome and he did a fantastic job negotiating the traffic in town for the double Papal canonizations. He also found us a great quick lunch spot neat the Vatican. Massimo was our wonderful Vatican guide. He gave us a brief Ipad chalk talk illustrating the images we were about to see prior to entering the Sistine Chapel and it made a world of difference in understanding and appreciating what we were viewing. Finally, Raffeale drove us first down the Amalfi coast, to lunch @ the "Red Lion" and on to Pompeii. He was most accommodating in taking 2 of our group on a brief shopping excursion while the rest of us toured Pompeii with our guide Pina. As I mentioned , I used RIL before and plan to use them again on my next trip... They're the BEST!

Rome in Limo is the best! We used them in the past and they exceeded our expectations. We have booked 2 excursions with them for October also. You cannot go wrong with Rome in Limo.