RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Yes, you can request guides and drivers. Many people do. If you read back in the thread, there are MANY MANY names of recommended drivers in the various cities.

For us, Francesco (ask about his connection to American football) in Florence and Carmine in Naples. Sarah gets tons of comments for Vatican guide, but not sure she still works for R-I-L.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Wow, this question was asked in 2009 and its still be referred to 4/25/15...pretty impressive on all accounts. We are using RomeinLimo next

month due to all the very positive reviews on CC, yelp & trip advisor. Thanks to all for sharing your experiences.

Hello everyone! I have a tour booked with RIL for Pisa / Florence next month. It's my first cruise so I'm obsessing over making sure I have all my bases covered!

I have gone ahead and booked the tickets for Accademia but I am wondering what the additional costs are. I've tried looking online but I get mixed results.

It says you also visit the following sites:

Church of Santa Croce

Duomo and Baptistery

Ponte Vecchio

Pitti Palace

Piazza of Michelangelo

The only tickets they mention getting in advance are to climb the tower of Pisa and the entrance fee for Accademia... but are there additional costs for any of the above sites? I just want to make sure we will have enough with us.

When I looked up the Duomo it said it was free, but the Baptistery was not... but that there's a combined card? I got confused so I thought I'd ask those of you that have been there!

Thanks in advance and happy cruising!

Xammy, don't worry be happy....:) we also booked RIL for Florence ect.....off a cruise next month...we bought the Pisa tickets for the time they suggested but not the Accademia....when we used this service in Rome we had tickets for nothing and our excellent driver took care of everything we needed....we are going to wing it other than Pisa which seems very time sensitive with limited numbers of people

Edited by laryco

Oh you are braver than I am, I don't like leaving anything up to chance haha that never seems to work well for me.

Xammy, don't worry be happy....:) we also booked RIL for Florence ect.....off a cruise next month...we bought the Pisa tickets for the time they suggested but not the Accademia....when we used this service in Rome we had tickets for nothing and our excellent driver took care of everything we needed....we are going to wing it other than Pisa which seems very time sensitive with limited numbers of people

Oh you are braver than I am, I don't like leaving anything up to chance haha that never seems to work well for me.

Thanks....I have issues with my back so I take it day by day so we book things last minute when I feel good ...which is more often now thank heaven

We are on Celebrity Equinox, leaving Barcelona May 11

Hello everyone! I have a tour booked with RIL for Pisa / Florence next month. It's my first cruise so I'm obsessing over making sure I have all my bases covered!

I have gone ahead and booked the tickets for Accademia but I am wondering what the additional costs are. I've tried looking online but I get mixed results.

Church of Santa Croce

Duomo and Baptistery

Ponte Vecchio

Pitti Palace

Piazza of Michelangelo

The only tickets they mention getting in advance are to climb the tower of Pisa and the entrance fee for Accademia... but are there additional costs for any of the above sites? I just want to make sure we will have enough with us.

When I looked up the Duomo it said it was free, but the Baptistery was not... but that there's a combined card? I got confused so I thought I'd ask those of you that have been there!

This is our second time touring with RIL. Jany said to book the Accademia and Pisa tower. Other than that, that's it. They've done this a few times. They will get you to the other places within your tour time. Several of those on the list don't require tickets...although I can't remember about all of them.

Note...last time we saw both the Uffuzi and Accademia...now they list only one of the other. Guess it was too much to cram into the day.

Have a great trip.

This is our second time touring with RIL. Jany said to book the Accademia and Pisa tower. Other than that, that's it. They've done this a few times. They will get you to the other places within your tour time. Several of those on the list don't require tickets...although I can't remember about all of them.

Note...last time we saw both the Uffuzi and Accademia...now they list only one of the other. Guess it was too much to cram into the day.

Have a great trip.

Ah ok, 2 out of 2 say the driver will take care of it, so I'll go with that. It's strange because on the website for the tour it says you choose one or the other, but in the mail I got it said only Accademia, so I got tickets for there. I am not really familiar with either other than David, so I'm not bothered. I'll be in major overload either way with all we are seeing haha

Thanks....I have issues with my back so I take it day by day so we book things last minute when I feel good ...which is more often now thank heaven

We are on Celebrity Equinox, leaving Barcelona May 11

We are leaving on May 7th from Venice on the Norwegian Spirit, so we will probably cross paths!

It's with RomeInLimo. They have a three day package in Rome. Day 1 is all the main sites (Forum, Coliseum, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, etc) for 6 hours. Day 2 is a walking tour of the Vatican for 3 hours and then Day 3 is Hidden Rome (Appian Way, Catacombs, etc) for 6 hours. I'm just looking to see if anyone has done this particular package and also can anyone help me understand the Vatican portion? It's a walking tour (so they don't transport you to and from the Vatican) but they also suggest you hire a guide? So what does the RomeInLimo (non-guide) do for you on this tour? I'm confused...

It's a walking tour (so they don't transport you to and from the Vatican) but they also suggest you hire a guide? So what does the RomeInLimo (non-guide) do for you on this tour? I'm confused...
Odds are they have someone who walks with you and points out attractions, but that person cannot accompany you into the attractions because they are not licensed.

It's with RomeInLimo. They have a three day package in Rome. Day 1 is all the main sites (Forum, Coliseum, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, etc) for 6 hours. Day 2 is a walking tour of the Vatican for 3 hours and then Day 3 is Hidden Rome (Appian Way, Catacombs, etc) for 6 hours. I'm just looking to see if anyone has done this particular package and also can anyone help me understand the Vatican portion? It's a walking tour (so they don't transport you to and from the Vatican) but they also suggest you hire a guide? So what does the RomeInLimo (non-guide) do for you on this tour? I'm confused...

I think I would arrange to do the Day 2 and Day 3 activities with Rome in Limo. The Day 1 activities are very easy to do on your own, if you don't have any mobility issues.

Church of Santa Croce

Duomo and Baptistery

Ponte Vecchio

Pitti Palace

Piazza of Michelangelo

I would go with their suggestion and go only to accademia Museum to see the David status, in this was you will have time to enjoy florence it self!

Only my 2cent :)

Church of Santa Croce

Duomo and Baptistery

Ponte Vecchio

Pitti Palace

Piazza of Michelangelo

Santa Croce is €6. I have seen a line for tickets but it moved pretty quickly.

The Duomo is free but you will wait on line a bit to get in, in most cases.

The Baptistery does have a fee but I don't see on the web site the cost for just that ticket, they are pushing the cumulative ticket for €10 that includes the Baptistery, the dome, the bell tower and the crypt.

The Ponte Vecchio is free

The Pitti Palace is a group of museums with individual prices so it would depend on which museum you wanted to see

The Piazza is free

When we did our Vatican tour with RIL the driver picked us up at our ship and rove us to the Vatican. He then arranged for our own tour guide who had the appropriate name of "Mary". She was great. We then met the driver outside after our tour and he took us to a local restaurant for food. s far as touring on your own on a walking tour I would be very careful with the heavy traffic there. It's even heavier than New York City in my mind. And we have done a couple other tours around ROme with RIL and found them very interesting. We saw a lot more than we would have on our own and our driver pointed out many interesting points. Using RIL for a 3 day tour would be much more beneficial than doing it on you town. So much history there. I wish I was heading beck there shortly.

Santa Croce is €6. I have seen a line for tickets but it moved pretty quickly.

The Duomo is free but you will wait on line a bit to get in, in most cases.

The Baptistery does have a fee but I don't see on the web site the cost for just that ticket, they are pushing the cumulative ticket for €10 that includes the Baptistery, the dome, the bell tower and the crypt.

The Ponte Vecchio is free

The Pitti Palace is a group of museums with individual prices so it would depend on which museum you wanted to see

The Piazza is free

Church of Santa Croce

http://www.santacroceopera.it/it/default.aspx

Duomo

http://www.museumflorence.com

The Baptistery

http://www.museumsinflorence.com/musei/Baptistery_of_florence.html

The Pitti Palace

https://www.polomuseale.firenze.it/en/musei/pitti.php?m=palazzopitti

Have fun planing :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using Rome in Limo for the tour that includes the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and Coliseum. Do I need to buy the tickets before hand? I've read a few reviews that said people bought them the day of and others that say buy them ahead. I'm assuming that those who have pre purchased didn't have any issues having the tickets accepted?

I'm using Rome in Limo for the tour that includes the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and Coliseum. Do I need to buy the tickets before hand? I've read a few reviews that said people bought them the day of and others that say buy them ahead. I'm assuming that those who have pre purchased didn't have any issues having the tickets accepted?

We have booked a guide for the Vatican with Rome in Limo and they said in their confirmation email to not only buy the admission tickets to the Vatican, but also for a specific time.

We had a fantastic tour with Rome In Limo while sailing last week on the Norwegian Epic. Dave was our driver and he was the best! There were four in our party. We have all spent time in Rome so did not need a detailed tour, we asked for a driver to drop us off in Rome and pick us up at a designated spot later. We got so much more than that! Dave was very attentive and respectful of what we wanted to do but he asked if we would like his suggestions in making a few quick stops first to see some places we might not see otherwise. This added so much to our trip. Before dropping us off he even treated us to coffee at an amazing bar in the heart of Rome. When we were done wandering the city for the day he promptly picked us up, managed to fit in a couple more quick stops, and got us back to the ship. He was very conscientious about traffic and not getting us back late, plus he was so polite, spoke excellent English and told us so much about the places we drove past. He clearly loves the city of Rome and enjoyed showing us his city. If you have never been to Rome and would like a more comprehensive tour I would definitely recommend Dave. We used Rome In Limo for the Naples and Livorno ports and were very pleased with those tours as well. They run a quality operation.

I think when we were at Naples we did adore to, Almalfi coast and something else. I also think in Florence we detoured last minute into Tuscanny. Since we used RIL at all three ports a few years ago, it all blurs together. What doesn't blur is how wonderful all three days were....with 7 in our van, it was less than 90 euros pp.

I agree with the other posters. Buy ahead, saves time when entering, as often long lines to buy on site.

Have used RIL twice and have just booked for our fall Italy adventure transfer with them. They are a top notch operation, Jany is always prompt in responding and the drivers are just so professional and helpful.

Enjoy the Vatican !